Tipperary wobbles into 2024

OK now I have a plan.

I want to be 68kg by Christmas.
That means over a kg this week and half kg each week after.

That will do me for now

What are your work plans now?

Well after I get dressed I am off to social welfare office to sign on and see if I am entitled to a payment. Then I think I start cookery classes next week, just 2 evenings a week.
And then its hitting the job websites to see what's available.

All signed up now, I have 59 days left on my jobseekers benefit but at a lower rate as I was only working part time.

Day didn't quite go as planned.
Went shopping and bought carrots, parsnips and potatoes for soup.
Got cucumber, carrots and avocado for rice paper rolls.
Corn cakes (same as rice cakes), lentil crisps and nakd bars for snacks.
I got some tins of canneloni beans and lentils, I will puree some beans with garlic as a snack
Then I had to drive to limerick to get the rice paper wrappers and was starving.
I caved in and had a big Mac and chips on the way home. And now I have just had tea and fruit cake.

Glad it's sorted - but do you only get a certain number of days? I don't know how any of it works TBH.

Yum to the Big Mac - a new day tomorrow, and you'll be all ready for it. Can you make spring rolls with the rice papers? How many cals do they have?

Remember I'm in Ireland so its different to UK. Unemployment benefit is based on your PRSI contributions in the last year and lasts for about 9 months or 200 days After the 9 months or if you have never been employed you get Unemployment assistance which is means tested on the means of the whole household. Cos the others in my house work I won't get that. I obviously claimed 140 days already, and it was spread out a bit as for 6 weeks I was working part time

I must check the calories of the rice paper wrappers but fairly low I imagine, they are very thin. I make fresh rice paper rolls with fresh raw veg. They look like spring rolls but aren't cooked. I have tried to cook them like spring rolls, they aren't as successful as regular pastry spring roll wrappers ad they are very moist. They bake better than fry.

Just spent an hour in the kitchen and have made carrot and parsnip soup, enough rice paper rolls for 2 days and canneloni bean puree.
Eating it all now, its so nice to cook again

Eating the rainbow
Salad greens
Carrot
Cucumber
Pickled ginger
Bamboo shoots
Sweet chilli sauce
Beetroot
All wrapped up together

View media item 4819

It was yum, the pickled ginger is very important to the taste. It had some avocado too. I made 8 so have 6 left for today though they don't keep very well

Weight loss showing on scale this morning but will only count it on Friday. Just in from a short 3 k walk and found it tough enough...I need to get back into practice. I will try to go for another short walk or cycle after dinner and then sit down to watch TV with my knitting and see if that keeps me away from the wine

You sound well focused Tippy..and your rice paper rolls look wonderful:p

There are some nice walks here particularly by the river or lake but the 3km walk is just to the bottom of the road and back. Mind you its full of dogs and ponies and horses and passes by stables and a bakery so lots to see.
My nutri bullet blender jug and blade is missing. I reckon son dumped it for some reason while we were gone. I went to electrical shop to see what blenders they had, they stocked nutri bullet and I asked was it possible to order spare parts. Well as luck would have it he happened to have what a needed floating around in the back and gave it to me for a donation in his charity box. I'm so happy I didn't have to buy a new one. I use it all the time and would have bought one but hate the waste of having two motors.
So it will be back to breakfast smoothies again and have just made a small one with half apple, some spinach, cucumber and ginger.

No sugar or alcohol today.....that's an achievement.

[QUOTE="tipperary, post: 7991431, member: 145068] "My nutri bullet blender jug and blade is missing. I reckon son dumped it for some reason while we were gone..[/QUOTE]

Are you fond of this son (and not in a Game of Thrones Cersei kind of way)? Otherwise I would be most annoyed. Time to speak to the gadget oracle, aka Tibbs.

I'd love him more if he didn't live with us:rolleyes:.

Anyway, shop sorted me out so smoothies back on track.

Day one of 10 day detox starting today.
I got myself into a good place yesterday by having no sugar or alcohol. I am hoping to be mostly fruit and veg based for the next 10 days but will let my body dictate what it needs.
The lax tea gave me the kick start I needed. Happy to report another loss on the scale this morning. I knew I had put weight on but think an extra 1.5 kg was due to 3 days sitting while travelling and not moving or regular bathroom breaks so not drinking any water. I spent all day yesterday peeing. Ankles still a bit swollen and face puffy so definite water retention. Back to lots of water and herbal tea so hoping to start next week with a good number.

Are you fond of this son (and not in a Game of Thrones Cersei kind of way)? Otherwise I would be most annoyed. Time to speak to the gadget oracle, aka Tibbs.

Laughing at this as we nearly had a Game of Thrones family when daughter 2 started dating nephew of daughter 1s husband. I was working out all the permutatations whereby her sister would become her aunt, I would be her granny and her nephew became her cousin. Mad. Anyway it didn't work out thankfully as it was too weird.

Oh my goodness that would have been mad alright! :)

Re smoothies - i love the green goddess one. There's a load of different variations to it but I just use a handful of spinach, some romaine lettuce, a pear, an apple, lemon juice, and sometimes parsley. A friend of mine does the same but adds celery and broccoli, avocado and coconut water.

Back