Tipperary wobbles into 2024

I made a veg broth this morning with onions, peppers, carrots, peas ,pak choi and a small amount of baby potatoes. Added pepper, garlic and chilli. Had some for lunch and having more now before dinner as I was out and got cold. Also I find if I have soup first then I eat much less than if I have soup with the meal.

We bought a small pressure cooker on holiday, 4.5l. We bought a large one last year, about 11 l I think and I use if a lot. But feel I need to fill it and then we get bored of eating the same thing. So little one has been used three days in a row, its great for lentils. Already planning tomorrows soup, roasted garlic and almond. The garlic is in the oven now.

Also in a the oven are 16 red lentil muffins that fit4hols shared the recipe for. I'm having one of them for dinner with some chicken.

I'm very tired, gave a headache and feel like I have a hangover, hopefully that is the beginning of the detox, still no sugar at all today (and no alcholol but still early)

Oh yes I'm sure the headache and tiredness are signs your detox is well under way, hope you get a good night's rest tonight.

Love the sound of that soup, I make loads in the winter. And those muffins sound interesting, will look them up now.

Getting hard now. Darling husband is drinking wine and about to start on bread and cheese.
Muffins wernt as successful or as nice as I wanted them to be. Tasted like falafel. I might have one with crushed avocado and a poached egg. I think I might blitz some like breadcrumbs and use as a topping for a veg bake.
Worth a try and I may try them again with some gram flour and seeds added.

Watching Australian Masterchef is killing me

You make some nice things, I was going to look up the muffin recipe too until I saw your later post.
I never usually bother with smoothies but the ones you and Suzie talked about have me thinking that I need to.
It killed me cutting bread out when I did the elimination diet...torture to have someone beside you merrily munching away..and I can almost taste that wine x

The muffins are worth a try but I would half the mixture. Try them and then see what changes you would make.

Well another loss on the scale this morning and hoping it stays good until tomorrow which is official day. Ibthink were I am now is more a true reflection of my actual weight than were I started at the beginning of the week.

I've made the most amazing soup, garlic and almond.
Two whole bulbs of garlic roasted and the flesh squeezed out, about a cup of chopped frozen onions, a small chopped potato and a handful of ground almonds in a pot with a lite of chicken stock I made this morning. Simmer and whizx it all up, it was amazing (if you like garlic)....and no oil. I must weigh the almonds to see how many calories they add. The stock was made with a chopped skinned and boned breast so not much fat.

Well another loss on the scale this morning and hoping it stays good until tomorrow which is official day.

Yay, fingers crossed for tomorrow x

:p Soup sounds delish..I was about to make some soup but think I'll give yours a try instead. Do you think it was 1/4 cup almonds? Off to put the garlic in..thanks for posting your recipe x

Update: made the soup, it's Devine and will definitely make it again. Used veg stock & added mushrooms once whizzed (I'm addicted to them at the minute). Worked it out on 1/4 cup of ground almonds as 138 cals, weighed is 25g. Pleased you posted the recipe..keep them coming X

Last edited:
We bought lots of garlic in France and I remembered the roasted garlic we had and then a garlic soup we had a few years ago and though BINGO roasted garlic soup

Well I caved a bit today, up earlier so all meals were earlier and wanted dinner by 5. I had the other half of chicken breast I cooked yesterday and a few spoons of boiled rice I had cooked for Oscar with some soy sauce. It was meant to be a snack and plan was for veg stir fry later. But then daughter arrived and u had sausages that needed to be cooked so they had sausage and rice and I had two sausages on 2 slices toast with butter.
It could have been worse, they had apple tart and cheese.
I still haven't had added sugar or alcohol.
This is only for 10 days then I will be sensible but not too strict, I just need to clear myself of all the holiday excesses and give myself a good start.

Warning: darling husband was greedy and had two large bowls of the garlic and almond soup for lunch. Now he is breaking wind all over the place and it stinks. It is having no effect on me but I can't think of anything else he had eaten that would have caused it.

Haha! Ditto your husband:D I had 2 big bowls too:rolleyes:

Morning all, well happy to report I am now 75kg so that is a 1.9kg loss since Monday. A great loss but I do know not a normal one, I knew 3 days sitting had an effect on me.
Now I need to get back to below 72kg which is where I was and then can continue back with my plan to be fabulous by 50 ( coming up soon)

:0clapper:That's really good to lose that in only 5 days, well done. You're very focused so I have no doubt you'll be hitting your target in no time at all. When is your birthday and have you plans for how your celebrating it? X

In January, so approaching fast. Not sure yet what to do. Thinking of going away, darling husband wants to go back to same part of France to see what its like in winter, kids will come to. I want some sun though and think we should head off somewhere for a week ( lack of sun this time away). Or I'd like to wait until later in a the year and go to southern England and visit River Cottage and the Eden project and spend some time in Cornwall. I do know I won't be having a big party, that's not me.

Had spelt risotto for early lunch with a poached egg, each meal is getting earlier and earlier....I'll be having breakfast before I go to bed soon.

Its getting harder today....but I'm trying to stay on track by saying its only 10 days.

Onto day four....survived yesterday with some crackers with almond butter and an accidental half slice toast.
Slightly down again this morning and if I keep getting good results then it will be easier to stick to the ten days.
I can go out for a walk but realistically don't have enough "umph" for major exercise. Part of that may be due to baby Oscar stating, he is exhausting. I put him to bed at 7.30 last night, barely had the energy to eat and dozed on and off from then until 10. 30 when Darling husband came home and I went to bed.
He woke at 6.30 but I gave him a bottle and his toys and he went off asleep then. He's awake now but playing in bed so I've had my detox shot and breakfast and am off now to get him

Back