Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Thanks @Halley .

All the bother I went to with my ticker and now for some reason the link isn't working to update it. I want to see her swim to the beach 🏖️.
Morning all, I'm so happy it's Saturday but I have a lot to do, two college projects and it's darling husband's birthday, 5 of us are going out for dinner this evening. I might eat a small lunch and then enjoy the meal this evening.

600g down over the week, I was on track for a full kilo but then popped some weight back on again. 600g is still great...about 1.5lbs almost. Darling husband texted me yesterday to say he has lost 1.5kg over the past 10 days so he is very happy.
I've been monitoring my blood sugars and they are pretty stable between 5 and 6 each day and more importantly don't spike after eating. And I've reached ketosis twice this week. Obviously the aim is to reach this daily but haven't quite managed it.

In my eat 20 plants a week challenge I managed to eat 25 plants last week🥑
Let's see how I do in week 2

Here is the link if anyone else wants to join me

I've had to do a new ticker, I had deleted the link so couldn't change it. They didn't have the lovely lady floating on the sea available so now I am a fish. I've also updated my stats to be reflective of this year's start date and my goal for September 1st

Morning 🌄
Well I am the only one awake in our house right now. Went out for dinner and we had rather a lot of wine between us all and continued partying after we got back🤣
Food wise I did very well,no starter, no dessert, had chicken for main with cabbage and potato but didn't eat the potato. I did have a cocktail, an espresso martini...the first time in 6 years I have had coffee...I'm still wired from it😂

Great to hear ye had a fun night and well done on the food choices, don‘t think I would have been so disciplined 🤪

Morning, weight loss has really slowed down this week. I really want to get to 78kg but it is slow progress. I've been bringing soup, meat n veg and yogurt to work for lunch but yesterday wasn't hungry for them all so had the soup and yogurt and had the meat and veg for dinner. I might try to do that today and tomorrow and see how it works. The change in clocks did affect me as I wasn't hungry at lunchtime, my body telling me it was an hour to early. Hopefully a night's sleep has me reset.
Dentist again yesterday and a major filling done, that's number 12 of 14 done and back again beg May for the last two. I'm totally broke from them.
Trying to decide what to wear for work, two slightly tighter dresses that I'm wondering should I brave today.

Gosh, 14 filling is a serious amount of filling - you poor thing 😕 And they’re gone so expensive now too - I don’t mind the actual dentist but I dread the bill every time 😖

Morning, weight loss has really slowed down this week. I really want to get to 78kg but it is slow progress. I've been bringing soup, meat n veg and yogurt to work for lunch but yesterday wasn't hungry for them all so had the soup and yogurt and had the meat and veg for dinner. I might try to do that today and tomorrow and see how it works. The change in clocks did affect me as I wasn't hungry at lunchtime, my body telling me it was an hour to early. Hopefully a night's sleep has me reset.
Dentist again yesterday and a major filling done, that's number 12 of 14 done and back again beg May for the last two. I'm totally broke from them.
Trying to decide what to wear for work, two slightly tighter dresses that I'm wondering should I brave today.
Morning Tipperary,

Alongside your diet, are you also working out?

I have been but it's getting harder and harder to maintain (especially as the scales aren't dropping like I need them to).

Thanks @Halley , yes the bill for the dentist is now the most painful part and I have really had to dig deep to pay for it but not as conscious about smiling anymore.
@Trini85 ,no I haven't been doing any exercise, some days a slow walk but not much more. I had a shoulder problem and had minor surgery a few weeks ago and only allowed back to swim with it this weekend. But my membership is due and all my money has gone to the dentist so will be another few weeks before I can try it out. I've had ongoing issues with my hip and due back for another treatment on that, again pending finances. So for now my workout is two flights of stairs at work to the canteen😂

I'm on track for a loss this week. But Thursdays are always a struggle for me and I tend to fall off the wagon. I have a college project presentation tomorrow night and could be eating quite late after it. Also will probably want wine...thankfully none in the house and if I can avoid shopping tomorrow and do it Friday I will.
I'd love for BMI to drop under 34 but that would be a real stretch for this week with only two days left.
I do seem to have loss cms from my waist, Friday is the end of month and official day to measure that, will be interesting to see.

Oh I ❤️ that you’re on track for a loss this week, I simply adore those weeks; the anticipation and feverish waiting for the weigh in overtakes all else towards the end of the week.

Unfortunately I’ve been concentrating on the 20 plant based foods this week but not much else ☹️☹️ and I won’t be getting a loss but I still need to keep posting..

BTW Thanks for all your imput on this site, I imagine you inspire lots of people 🤗

That's so nice of you to say @Halley thank you🙏

I will lose weight
I will lose weight
I will lose weight

Thanks @Halley , yes the bill for the dentist is now the most painful part and I have really had to dig deep to pay for it but not as conscious about smiling anymore.
@Trini85 ,no I haven't been doing any exercise, some days a slow walk but not much more. I had a shoulder problem and had minor surgery a few weeks ago and only allowed back to swim with it this weekend. But my membership is due and all my money has gone to the dentist so will be another few weeks before I can try it out. I've had ongoing issues with my hip and due back for another treatment on that, again pending finances. So for now my workout is two flights of stairs at work to the canteen😂
So funny…a win is a win #CanteenLife lol

I haven’t been setting a goal target for the week but, would much rather drop a lb than the grams I have been dropping lol

Ooooo so close, unofficial weigh in this morning and ive reached target for the week but BMI is at 34.1. Any chance i can squeeze another 200g and drop below 34👍

I did it, I've lost 1.2kg this week and my BMI dropped below 34, barely below but it is below.

🙏😂😂😂

My original target for the month was 80kg then last week I moved it to 78kg and have broken that too. Today is also tape measure day, will have to get up soon to do that and will be interesting to see what my body fat percentage will be.

Annoying I am still having problems with my ticker and will have to create a new one again, is anyone else having that problem? I must be doing something wrong when copying the link, I've never had problems in all the years (5 of them) I've had it. And it's not calculating my BMI correctly

Last edited:
January 2020 is the last time I was this weight so I have officially lost my covid kilos

I did it, I've lost 1.2kg this week and my BMI dropped below 34, barely below but it is below.

🙏😂😂😂

My original target for the month was 80kg then last week I moved it to 78kg and have broken that too. Today is also tape measure day, will have to get up soon to do that and will be interesting to see what my body fat percentage will be.

Annoying I am still having problems with my ticker and will have to create a new one again, is anyone else having that problem? I must be doing something wrong when copying the link, I've never had problems in all the years (5 of them) I've had it. And it's not calculating my BMI correctly
Well done!!!

I think I'm on target to lose 300g lol.

The ticker issue is annoying, had to do a new one yesterday.

Back