Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Morning, sat down and had a lovely meal with husband last night, not all keto but certainly not a pig out takeaway like I previously would have had.

Plan for today is get my next college project finished and submitted, I've only about 3 weeks left to go in my course in total. For this project I had to create an app...and surprisingly I got it done😂. I wrote an app that a client can remotely enter their blood sugar and ketone levels into and it calculates their GKI levels that indicates if they are in ketosis. This is feed back to their nutritionist who is managing their lifestyle changes and diet. I feel so clever😊 Remember...I am a 55 year old grandmother not a twenty something tech geek. It had to have some medical component and this was the only one that I half knew what I was talking about.

Also need to get my laundry done, some hanging around since last week. I have to be very careful though, I lost a precious stone out of a ring and have100% convinced myself I will find it. So I need to carefully go through all my clothes in case it is caught in something.

I am going to a wedding in two weeks time. I don't really like weddings but this one is my cousins and he is coming from Australia for it and won't have much family. I bought three dresses last Autumn, two have been worn once and one not at all. Well all three fit perfectly now so I have a choice of which to wear. One is from a boutique,one is Dunnes Stores and one from Tesco. I assuming as they are last year's no one else will turn up in them😂. I also was given a voucher when I left my last job for a local boutique so might look in their too and see what they have. If I could get a jacket to go with all three dresses that would be ideal.

Morning,batch cooking today for the week.i bought some chicken wings to make stock for soup, this weeks will be broccoli and cauliflower with chicken in it. Then also plan on guacamole, egg mayonnaise, chicken goujons and yogurt pots and that will do me for lunches and some dinners. I'm not working on Friday and going out Thursday night,I might take Thursday off work if I can,so only need full meals for three days. Might get up soon and go for a short walk

Well done on creating the app, sounds so exciting!

Must be nice to have 3 dresses to choose from…my choices are limited on what fits (nicely) these days lol

Thanks @Trini85, I'm not say they do anything for me but they fit😂

Don't know what happened yesterday or overnight but I am substantially heavier than yesterday. I'm normally a bit up on Mondays from the weekend but it never carries over to Tuesday. I didn't feel the best yesterday,heart beating too fast and wasn't hungry, seem to have a scratchy throat now so off for some warm tea before work.
Chat later

Don't know what happened yesterday or overnight but I am substantially heavier than yesterday. I'm normally a bit up on Mondays from the weekend but it never carries over to Tuesday. I didn't feel the best yesterday,heart beating too fast and wasn't hungry, seem to have a scratchy throat now so off for some warm tea before work.
Chat later
There's something going around so load up on those vitamins :)

Yep I'm sick. Really had sore throat,cough, runny nose and aches and pains. Swallowing is very difficult, just feeling miserable. In bed with warm water and paracetamol

Yep I'm sick. Really had sore throat,cough, runny nose and aches and pains. Swallowing is very difficult, just feeling miserable. In bed with warm water and paracetamol
Oh man...I'm on the tail end of mine but, I felt very weak for a few days.

Rest up my lovely :)

Thanks, yep I'm sick. I have a head full of snot and my sinuses are so bad that they have been bleeding. I should have known something was coming on, last Monday my heart was beating so fast it was scary and I keep forgetting it's always a sign that my body is fighting something. Thankfully just a heavy cold, the shivers and shakes seem to have gone but left with blocked sinuses and a cough. Not taking paracetamol any more but am taking Sudafed.
Weight has been rising all week but and of week weigh in has me 100g down, I'm happy enough with that.
I'm off work for the week now so should be able to control meals ok, at the weekends I tend to only have one meal anyway so should get at least 3 decent one meal days.
On Sunday we are having brunch together so that should be fine. On Tuesday I am getting my hair done and never one to waste a new hair do I am going out to dinner with two friends. And then on Friday I have the wedding, still don't know what to wear😂
Chat later

Updating my stats and it's actually 300g I lost😂 and deleted my ticker cos not working

Morning, still have a head full of snot and coughing madly. One meal only yesterday but then gave into the temptation of a hot cross bun.

Im following a keto diet and its working for me... And my husband. And while its not for everyone there are bits you can take to assist you with weight loss. So her is a combination of tips accumulated from Dr Jason Fung, Dr William Lee, Nutritionist Patricia Daly and The Glusose Goddess

So the issue isnt eating fat, the issue is glucose, and more importantly spiking glucose. Ive been monitoring my glucose levels since Christmas and they have come down remarkably and are fairly stable now. At least half of the week i do reach ketosis.
So some simple tips combined from the 4 mentioned above

Intermittent fasting works
Breakfast is not the most important meal of the day, your first meal of the day is but it doesn't have to be in the morning
If you are going to skip one meal then its better to skip your evening meal and give your digestive system a break overnight
Breakfast should always be savoury
Raw food is hard to digest and very difficult to absorb nutrients from, so ditch your kale smoothies and cook it instead
If you want to eat sweet food eat it at the end of a meal where the Glusose will be balanced by other foods rather than on its own as a snack
Eat vegetables before carbs, they create a mesh in your stomach that can slow the release of carbs
If you are going to have carbs have some vinegar first, it reduces the glucose spike by up to 30%
Eat good fats, get rid of rapeseed oil and vegetable oil and sunflower oil and use good olive oil or coconut oil or nut oils or proper animal fat
Eat the rainbow daily
Eat 30 plant based foods a week
Eat fermented foods, you dont have to go and get kimchi, yogurt will do

This is what i can think of now

And no, i dont manage to apply all of this all the time but follow most most of the time.

Last edited:
So its slowly dawned on me that i have some non scale victories

I dont need to pee as much. Im drinking lots of liquids but dont need to get up twice in the night to use the bathroom

Im sleeping better, its not perfect but has improved

My skin is healthier, not sore snd dry like it was

I smell better, let me explain. Have you ever gone out and drank too much and the next morning the bedroom smells like a brewery. Like you have been distilling the alcohol all night and it is seeping out of your pores. Well that often happened with me and darling husband and we both had different smells. We drank too much on his birthday and guess what, no smell at all the next morning. And its the same with stinky foods, i can eat garlic now and dont stink of it later.

Hi all, well I have just spent an interesting 2 hours trying on clothes. I have 3 dresses to pick from for the wedding or so I thought. But it turns out I have five...almost. i had 3 bags of clothes put away,some were too small and some are summer holiday clothes. So tried on the too small clothes and 12 dresses fit me, some are casual wear, some are work wear and two are dressy enough for a wedding. One is still with tags on and fits perfectly, only problem is it is black and I feel I should wear a brighter colour. Second dress is bright and colourful and very wedding appropriate but is a teeny bit tight, it would be fine for an evening out but not a full day. Both of them would need a jacket over them so will need to go shopping on Wednesday. If I could get a bright jacket to wear with the black dress it would be perfect.

Still sick and fully expecting a 1kg gain this week. I started to take a codeine based cough bottle but i felt really weird on it so stopped. Wedding tomorrow and ive changed my mind again about what to wear as i feel so miserable. So wearing a newish dress that i really like. I actually wore it out on Tuesday night. Its very pretty and baggy and comfortable, appropriate for wearing for a full day and comfortable to travel in

Morning all. Just popped on the scales and am substantially heavier today. Not going to worry about it as I have had a long and busy weekend. Wedding was great, lots of food and wine but also a lot of dancing. My legs are so sore that I can't walk, I feel my right calf cramping so going to find some magnesium to take when I get up.
I wore the flowy purple dress and glad I did, it was very comfortable and very me. Told darling husband that we need to do something every weekend now as I have a number of dresses to wear😂
Will get back on track today and have a pretty strict week, shopping list prepared and will get some batch cooking done for the week later. I need to be money savvy as attending the wedding has cost a bit with travel, hair, nails etc. And I have one more dental appointment coming up with another big bill.
Still have the remnants of the cough, voice very hoarse and still mucousy sinuses. But do seem to be near the end of it. I've bought coconut yogurt as I've stayed off dairy to try to prevent even more mucous but was missing my yogurt pot after lunch and then craving something luscious..
Back to work tomorrow and will be officially handing in notice. I'm on a short contract to May 22nd and have obtained a full time contract elsewhere. So it will be between two managers to negotiate a leaving date for me. I've spoken to new manager and advised her I am owed leave and looking for time off between jobs, she is ok with that.
That's about it for today, hopefully I will stay strong this week and get rid of my gain by Fridays weigh in

Back