Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Thanks. Weight staying steady today and food pretty good yesterday, the soup for lunch and then chicken with cheese and bacon for dinner. No veg but there was lots in the soup at lunch, still I should have had some. No swimming this morning, I think I'm going to rest my arms today. And I need to get up and pack, the weather is so changeable that I don't know if I needs shorts or wellies and raincoat. Hoping to go for a few walks by the beach, I know we will be by the sea but not sure if there will be an actual beach.
Chat later.

Morning all, away for a few days and had an amazing dinner last night. It was a tasting menu and did eat all both savoury and sweet. Feeling it now though, a horrible sweet taste in my mouth and my sinuses feel blocked. Went swimming yesterday, the usual 20 lenghts but didnt do any arm exercises. My shoulders and upper arms are feeling tight and stiff so thought id give them a break. Went for a short walk at 8am, got the best of both worlds cos i walked through woodland to the sea edge.
Have had breakfast both mornings which i dont normally have but havent had lunch.
Stopping in a city on our way home and finally it will give me a chance to stop in M&S and get some bras.

Morning, home and hopefully back to normal today. Have checked scale and had an expected increase. Not too worried about it and should claw it back this week.
Need to go shopping today and do some meal prep for the week.
Went swimming Thursday and Saturday and walking on Friday. Will go to the pool today but will bring Oscar with me. Need to unpack first and get my laundry done and sort out my swimming bag.
I see the stats at the side are still gone, it's annoying as I have to go into my profile to check what I am.
Chat later.

Me again and as i was unpacking i was sorting some clothes out, in particular underwear. I have packed up all the loose and old knickers and bras. I had such a collection of ill fitting bras and now have about 20 in a bag. I think Tesco take, or did take, old bras for some women's charity. I will put them in the car and check.

Last edited:
Morning, Sunday didn't quite go as planned. After swimming I made lunch and we had an impromptu birthday party for Theo who is now five and had some quiche, sausage rolls and sweet nibbles. So off plan for the day. Need to see what damage it did.

Last edited:
Sounds like you had a lovely holiday, and are now ready to get back into a good week! Just popping in to say that I've decided that I won't be using Minimins anymore and to wish you all the best :)

I've realised that Minimins is no longer really active. I use the Nutracheck Calorie Counter app on my phone (£30 a year, but I think there was a trial option as well), and I've just realised it has really active forums, as well as really easy and flexible food recording.

So didn't want to just disappear without waving goodbye! Maybe you'll give Nutracheck a try too :)

Thanks @fit4hols for popping in and saying goodbye. It's a pity it is so quiet here, it used to be a great place to chat.

Me again, well as you can see i was awake in the early hours and fell asleep again. I think i might be coming down with something... Or my immune system is low cos i was really cold this morning and thats unusual for me. And i have a really bad headache. Will keep an eye out and see. Ended up getting up late so went swimming but only did 12 lenghts and no arms... Didnt have the time but glad i went. If i miss a midweek day i find it very hard to get back to it. And im up too early to head for work and dont feel like starting anything in the house at that time.
Made courgette and coconut soup for lunches this week along with yogurt pots. I have a combination of chicken steaks, spinach, courgettes and quiche for dinner.

Morning again, seems like it's just me now all on my own😪. It's a pity asi really enjoy this forum and find great encouragement not just from the chat but reading back through my own old posts. I would hate to lose this as a resource

Friday morning, that week went quick. Did proper swimming on Wednesday and quick swimming again yesterday as left a bit later. No swimming today, I have another job interview and got my hair blow dried yesterday in preparation for it. Hopefully I can just shake it tidy when I get out of bed. This interview is still with same organisation but in the area I recently studied for. I'm not really qualified for the actual position advertised but hoping to be placed on a panel for a future position in training. Well that was until this week when the government announced an embargo on new positions, no idea what will happen now.
I've realised some clothes that I haven't worn due to not fitting are getting loose quicker than I'm getting to them so need a big wardrobe clear out with upgrading and downgrading clothes and put away those that are loose on me now and also some winter clothes. I got some navy trousers to wear to the interview today (my old ones are too big) but remembered I kept a suit from my corporate days and am wondering will that fit, I might give it a try.
As I have the day off I'm meeting an old friend (from 4 jobs ago) for lunch after the interview and then free for the afternoon. I'm going to have a starter with salad for lunch. Then buying deli takeout for dinner this evening, I think a scotch egg and salads for me and poached salmon and salads for darling husband.
More swimming over the weekend with Oscar and I really need to get out for a walk, the weather has been so bad that I still haven't got out for a proper walk since I got my hip done.
It's been a strange week weight wise and I'm not hopeful for a loss, will be happy if I'm stay the same. Non scale victory though, my hairdresser noticed I had lost weight and said I looked 😃👍
Chat later...even if it is only to myself

Morning all, weighed in and its an official stay the same. That is ive properly lost any gain from last weekend away. Didnt have a great day food wise though yesterday. Daughter made lasagne so had that at about 1pm. Then had wine and crisps and a scone. So a lot of carbs and that will show on the scale tomorrow.
Interview went well but impossible to know really, i felt comfortable at it but they could easily see people a lot better than me. I did try on my old corporate suit and it fits perfectly but i went with the new blue trousers.
Never got to clean out my wardrobe, will do that today

Morning, and the beginning of another work week. I'm in the full five days this week, no medical appointments, no interviews, no days off. Well I do have a dental appointment tomorrow but it's after work.
I have three kilos to lose to get to my first goal of 70kg by 8th Sept. I may be visiting friend the weekend before so need to push hard to try to do it in four weeks rather than five. My body is used to the regular swimming now so I want to see if I can increase the daily amount. My problem isn't ability but time. The pool opens at 7am and I need to be on the road to work for 8am. At least now with school holidays traffic isn't bad, once September hits and school is back the last 2km can take 20 minutes to drive.
Still no walking done, the rain just hasn't stopped at all.
I've done some food prep for this week, chicken salad. I didn't feel like making soup.
Chat later

Morning all, just hopped on scale and weight is sneaking up. I was 73kg and goal for this week was to get below 72.5kg but right now I am at 73.5kg. Any weekend gain is normally gone by Tuesday so don't know why this morning would be up. I'm waiting on my interview result and a bit anxious about that, I'm wondering if that's causing it. I had a home made lasagne type meal yesterday for lunch, Courgette instead of pasta layers and just cheese instead of a cheese sauce. I felt a bit bloated after it and couldn't figure out what in it was causing it. I have some for dinner again today so need to figure out what it was. We are going out for lunch today from work to an Italian restaurant, I've ordered the meatballs with salad. Hmm, thinking on that maybe more mince for dinner not a good plan, I'll have chicken salad for dinner. Getting up now for swimming...it's still raining out.
Chat later, enjoy your day.

Morning, it's Saturday and the weather sounds wild out. I'm supposed to be going to the zoo with the 3 little ones so hopefully it gets better. Well scale was up yesterday but down today, it's hovering at exactly 72.5kg so will wait and see before I bank it as a loss. I had fish and chips for dinner last night so not a good choice. I was going out for an early bird meal with husband but he was cranky so I changed my mind. That was the only meal I had yesterday. Nothing at all at work and left at 1pm for an appointment (see below). I had some cheese at about 3pm and then the fish and chips at about 5pm. I was hungry for it but not starving, it helped me enjoy it more. People think I'm weird when I say I now enjoy the feeling of hunger, its a much nicer feeling than that of being stuffed after a meal.
I've good news and bad (well hopefully not so bad) news.
Good news, I passed my interview. I did well and am number two on the panel. I've already been speaking to some people in the department. So I don't get the actual job advertised but they will want me for something else. And it's exactly in the area I've been studying. I've been accepted on another college course and in September will begin a diploma in Data Analytics. I've told my boss at work and she is happy for me.
Bad news, I found a lump on my breast. I went to my GP yesterday and said yes, it's a definite lump and is making me an appointment with the breast clinic to get it checked. Ironically on the same day I found it I got a call for my routine mammogram. I was going to wait for that but knew they would find it anyway and I would be more concerned waiting on a referral appointment from them. I'm not worried about it, it feels like a cyst. The GP says it seems ok too but that only the breast clinic can 100% rule it out. So waiting now for that.
No swimming today, pool doesn't open until 9am at the weekend and we hope to be leaving for the zoo by then. I went every day this week except Thursday (up late). I'm sure I will get lots of steps in but can't count them, I've lost the charger for my fit bit. I can not find it anywhere, I'm going to order a new one as Murphy's Law says once I do that I will find the old one. 😃🇨🇮🤞
Chat later, enjoy the Bank Holiday weekend, it feels more like the Halloween one here than August💦💚

Morning, me again🤣. The Zoo was great and the kids loved it but were completely wrecked after it. It was at least 25 years since i was there and it has changed so much. Not great food choices and had chicken burger and chips, weight was up yesterday but down today so im ok with that.Went swimming yesterday and did some food prep for the week. Its courgette and coconut soup with extra spinach added for this week. Ive a roast chicken cooked along with cabbage, broccolli and coleslaw made. It seems it will be a green food week. 😂. Only had one meal yesterday, chicken, coleslaw and peanuts and was completely satisfied with that at about 2pm.
Going to get up now and do my ironing and put laundry away.
Chat later.

Morning, and it seems to be a dark and dull Tuesday out there. Not like the August bank holiday at all. Didn't go swimming yesterday, instead I spent time cleaning bathrooms and doing laundry. Dinner was chicken and cabbage and I also had cheese and crackers. Weight aim this week is to get below 72kg. BMI is just below 32 and is getting harder and harder to move as I get smaller. I was looking at my weight loss app and it says my ideal weight is between 42kg and 56kg. Well I do remember being 45kg and honestly I looked so gaunt and unwell. 68kg will take me below BMI of 30 and keep me very happy.

Thanks for all the updates, your diary is great to read and I’m delighted you’re so motivated and doing so well.

I’m not posting these days as my motivation is gone but I just wanted to say I hope the lump on your breast is nothing. ❤️

Ah thanks @Halley thats so good of you. I believe its nothing but need to follow protocols to rule it out

Morning me again😃. Honestly these past few weeks I'm all over the place, weight is bouncing up and down, I will be lucky this week to get a stay the same. I get a good four day run, then a glitch and then try to claw it back. Weather was nice yesterday evening so sat in the garden in shorts drinking wine. Went to bed late so only waking up now. It's too late to go swimming and go to work so will miss swimming this morning. It won't do my arms any harm to have a rest. Food wise I've been pretty good, in fact if it wasn't for work and set break times I would be happy with only one meal a day sometime between 2 and 4, that's what I do at weekends. I'd say wine is holding me back a bit and even though I swim daily I'm still very sedentary the rest of the day. I sit in the car for up to two hours, I sit 7 hours at a desk and when I come home I'm too tired to walk or even stand and lay on the couch watching TV.
Anyway, better get up and go to work. It's sunny out right now and was yesterday evening, that's our summer it seems and will rain again tomorrow.
Chat later.

Back