Tipperary wobbles into 2024

And I've had a Whooshie on the scale so counting it now😅 as I will probably have to fight to keep it for the week. I'm at my target for next Fridays official weigh in.

Me again, that was a long day.15 minutes hoop this morning then drove to Dublin to see Mam. She was having a good day today and recognized me straight away. Then brought Dad out for lunch,I had salad and then cod and chips...not all the chips. Drove home and had two cracottes with butter and cheese and in bed now. Really bad headache and head still very tender. Just took 2 paracetamol. Hopefully going swimming in the morning and will be curious what the scale says.
Wore a dress today I've worn a few times but without my sucky in slip, it looked fine, no lumps or rolls of fat. But it's not a very tight dress.

Congratulations on the loss this morning and the non scales dress victory! Hope your head feels better tomorrow after a good night's sleep.

Thanks @fit4hols
But honestly I don't know what is going on. That Whooshie is all gone again and even more on. I thought it wasn't real and checked it 3 times and all said the same on Sunday 73.5kg. Then I did some hooping and had to remove another ring from the hoop and it was hitting my hip bone and hurting. Scales yesterday showed 74.5kg and today 75.6kg and hooping yesterday the hoop was too tight. I know day to day measurements aren't accurate but you don't expect such big differences either.

Awake now and will go swimming soon and then to work. Had to leave pool early yesterday to rush back home before work as I still had Oscars car seat in my car and he couldn't go to school without it.
For those who may be new to my story Oscar is my 7 year old grandson, I have three grandchildren 7, 4 and 3 and we all live together.
Head feeling a bit better, not as swollen or pulling but still sore to touch and headache still with me. Though I've scratchy throat too so may be coming down with something, need to see if I have echinacea in the press and paracetamol. Honestly since I moved into bigger offices I'm getting an awful lot more of little bugs.
I've a chance of changing jobs again, to the local hospital 😅. Less driving but it's Mon to Fri 12pm to 8pm, I really don't know if those hours make it more attractive or less attractive. I spoke to a friend who had that position for a while ( though different hours) and she said it's at a high chair at a counter and I know I would find that very uncomfortable, I can't even do that in a restaurant or bar for 30 minutes. Am getting the job spec today and will consider it. The hours won't suit anyone with school pick ups but I do know it has had a lot of interest.
Did a small bit of food prep this week, made my yogurt pots with blueberries, Chia seed, Greek yogurt, cinnamon, acidophilus and walnuts. I've 4 of them so one for every workday lunch. I had bought a large chicken and roasted it so instead of soup this week I have a salad,so chicken, tomato, grated courgette, lettuce, egg and mayonnaise with peanuts sprinkled on top. I have three of them but also one serving of soup left too so that's all work lunches sorted.i have sausages and cabbage for today's dinner. Have lots of Courgette to cook too and will find something in the freezer for the rest of the week.
I had hoped to go walking but we seem to have constant rain with very heavy showers and thunder so it's difficult to time a walk between them.
Chat later and mat the scales be good to you all

My next big psychological goal is to get my BMI below 32 which I have calculated is 72.5kg. Plan for that is beginning August

Thanks @fit4hols
But honestly I don't know what is going on. That Whooshie is all gone again and even more on. I thought it wasn't real and checked it 3 times and all said the same on Sunday 73.5kg. Then I did some hooping and had to remove another ring from the hoop and it was hitting my hip bone and hurting. Scales yesterday showed 74.5kg and today 75.6kg and hooping yesterday the hoop was too tight. I know day to day measurements aren't accurate but you don't expect such big differences either.
It's been less than 2 days since your chips though. Because starchy unrefined carbs make you retain more water, I certainly find it takes 2-3 days for that water weight to go. I'm having the same thing with the potatoes I've been eating this week, but treating it as good incentive to make sure I keep within calories! Frustrating!

Yep thanks, I didn't expect to actually feel it so much on my waist though.
Went swimming this morning and got the most done on a workday, 20 lengths and 200 arm exercises. Chicken salad and a yogurt pot at lunch then sausages and cabbage for dinner. One square of dark chocolate and absolutely no other nibbles what so ever, and no wine. Will see if that has an effect on scales tomorrow. Did 15 minutes hoop after dinner, haven't managed to go for a walk at all as it's been raining all the time.
Have 3 days off work next week and have booked two nights away in a hotel for a break with husband. Hotel has a pool so can spend plenty of time swimming, and has nice wooded grounds so hoping for walks too. Have booked one meal in a very nice restaurant and will eat whatever they put in front of me but it will be my only meal that day. Looking forward to the break and being able to wear nice clothes and be comfortable in them. I now have two nice pairs of jeans to wear, both size 12s and both bought a few years ago and hardly ever worn, one M&S and one GAP.
Been monitoring blood sugars and they are ok but could be a lot better, I'm concerned they are still a bit high in the morning. But I do reach ketosis most days, 5 or 6 days each week.
Chat later👐

Yep thanks, I didn't expect to actually feel it so much on my waist though.
Went swimming this morning and got the most done on a workday, 20 lengths and 200 arm exercises. Chicken salad and a yogurt pot at lunch then sausages and cabbage for dinner. One square of dark chocolate and absolutely no other nibbles what so ever, and no wine. Will see if that has an effect on scales tomorrow. Did 15 minutes hoop after dinner, haven't managed to go for a walk at all as it's been raining all the time.
Have 3 days off work next week and have booked two nights away in a hotel for a break with husband. Hotel has a pool so can spend plenty of time swimming, and has nice wooded grounds so hoping for walks too. Have booked one meal in a very nice restaurant and will eat whatever they put in front of me but it will be my only meal that day. Looking forward to the break and being able to wear nice clothes and be comfortable in them. I now have two nice pairs of jeans to wear, both size 12s and both bought a few years ago and hardly ever worn, one M&S and one GAP.
Been monitoring blood sugars and they are ok but could be a lot better, I'm concerned they are still a bit high in the morning. But I do reach ketosis most days, 5 or 6 days each week.
Chat later👐
Oh that sounds nice, hope you have a lovely couple of relaxing days away!

Thanks, ive had so many ups and downs with work that i need a break and just relax rather than watching the clock.
Weight still up yesterday and still feeling it on my waist, well the area my waist should be. So i cut back on chia seeds yesterday in case that was causing it.
Swam yesterday again, 20 lenghts and 200 arm exercises, im really fighting bingo wings and back fat and gravity taking my boobs😂💪. Lunch the same, more chicken salad and more yougurt pot and again no walk because of rain.
Husband needed a lift last night to collect his car from the garage so it was 1 hour drive from work, 1 hour to garage and one hour back so was 9pm before i had dinner. A mixed lot of leftovers, half a bowl of veg soup, handful of cabbage, one sausage, fried egg. And then i had a handful of crisps and two squares of dark chocolate. Latest ive eaten in a long time so bound to have some effect on me and chance of ketosis today. And as it was late and id spent three hours driving i didnt use my hoop so no opportunity to use up the glucose. Yesterday my ketosis level was quite good so burning fat.
Today i want to do some food shopping at lunchtime. Ive the carcass of the roast chicken left along with all the juices and fat so need to get some veg to make a good stock and then some soup, im thinking maybe just a leek broth...something quite light and cleansing.
Im still fighting a cold, scratchy throat, sneezing, runny nose, dry lips, headache and a giant sore spot on my nose. Not quite sick but not quite well. Definitely putting it down to close confined offices.
Getting ready to get up and test the scales, its been such a strange week that i dont know what to expect.
Chat later🤗

That’s the problem with working with other people. You pick up others germs. I was very happy when I retired as that removed catching viruses to an extent as it plays havoc with my Asthma. However, one of my granddaughters goes to nursery 2 days a week & ever since it’s been a run of coughs & colds.
Well done on being able to stop at a couple of squares of chocolate ( it’s my biggest downfall).
Are you going away for a break or staying in a local hotel?

Morning, came in to post a loss all excited to see the stats at the side move and see if I have magically gone below BMI of 32. But the stats all seem to have gone, everyone's have 😢. Checked on my phone and its 32.1, so close.
Dinner last night was five fish fingers, rocket and mayonnaise and then half a handful of crisps.
The late meal didn't do too much damage and I did reach ketosis yesterday. Lunch was the last chicken salad and because of the late meal I wasn't overly hungry and didn't eat it all, I did have my yogurt pot. Went swimming and again did 20 lengths and 200 arm exercises. Debating going this morning, arms could honestly do with a rest but then never sure if I get to go at the weekend.
Remember I said my favourite website had a sale and I had ordered 4 items, it was a winter dress, a summer dress, a kimono and an underskirt (like a petticoat). My order arrived and they didn't have the summer dress so I was only charged for three items but they sent me two other summer dresses for free😀. Not colours or styles I would have chosen. One is perfect with a t shirt under it and worn with the petticoat. The second is a dropped waist style and not great on me but my daughter said it would look great if chopped and hemmed as a shirt. And all five are a size medium 😁
Raining out again, this is weeks now and it hasn't seem to have stopped, but still warm.
Chat later.💦☘️🇨🇮

Well done on being able to stop at a couple of squares of chocolate ( it’s my biggest downfall).
Are you going away for a break or staying in a local hotel?
About 2 hours drive away. Leaving Wednesday morning as husband is to meet a client on the way and I will visit a local visitor attraction while they are busy. Will have brunch or lunch there together then go to hotel and visit the spa and pool then a long slow dinner. Walk on the beach on day two with more swimming in the pool the the lovely restaurant we have booked that evening. I just need to chill a bit.
So popped on scale this morning and I have unofficially dropped below 73kg and even better BMI below 32😊. Not counting it till Friday but well on track for 2kg loss this month and 70kg for September. This is the most focussed I've been in a long time.
Why are the stats gone from the side🤔 they really keep me motivated

Testing a new ticker. Have it set from January weight to Christmas goal. Its not calculating BMI correctly

Morning, having a lie in, will get up at 0730 instead of 0630. Slept well and feeling refreshed.. lovely day out with the two little boys yesterday. Went to a dinosaur show and then stopped at a pub for dinner.i had some wine on Friday so actually ate breakfast at about 10am as wouldn't be having lunch till about 3pm and didn't want to drive on an empty stomach. Treated myself and had two eggs scrambled on one slice of toast, the sheer decadence of the toast. Has a bag of popcorn and four Maltesers at the show and then lunch had chicken curry with rice. Has about a third of the rice but did eat the naan bread that came with it. Then helped Oscar eat his Brownie dessert.
Didn't eat any more then when we came back.
Going to get up now and have some peppermint tea and use my hoop. Need to get my ironing done and laundry put away. Then am going to bring Oscar swimming. Hopefully I will get some lengths done between pulling him up and down the pool.
I collected my jumpsuit from the alterations place and it fits, the zip pulls up fully and the length is now perfect. It doesn't look great yet, I've more work to do on my arms, bra line and waist. I still seem to have a shelf over my bum, I'm jogging on the spot in the pool while doing my arm exercises but that seems to be having an effect on my thighs rather than bum and to be honest I'm not sure if the hoop is helping anything specific other than 15 minutes physical activity. Will search you tube and see if I can find something specific for it.
Chat later, enjoy your Sunday. Still raining here.

Me again,morning.Scale up again but it always is on Monday. Managed 20 lengths in pool plus arm exercises plus pulling Oscar up and down so got a dent workout. Didn't get anything else done though, no walk and no hula hoop. The weather is so bad, still raining and quite heavy. I need to leave for swimming a little earlier as I've no car and getting a lift to work. She leaves 10 minutes before me but yet we get to work at the same time😄. Thankfully only two days in the office this week.
Leek broth made for lunch and half a chicken Kiev for dinner with some salads, I had half last night and was full. Didn't do any shopping this week as will be away so using whatever is in the fridge or freezer,
Really annoying that stats are gone from the side, hard to keep track of where I am. I see from the tech page that no admin has been here in a while. Hope everything is OK.

Morning, daily weight up again, it's all over the place. I seem to have slow gains and then one loss. Swimming was fine yesterday, same 20 lengths and 200 arm exercises but my shoulder is getting sore again. So yesterday I stopped doing breast stroke and just crawl and backstroke. Lunch was the planned leek soup no yoghurt pot as had none made. But then for dinner I had six fish fingers and loads of green beans with butter and garlic. The remaining chicken was chopped up and put into my soup for today's lunch.
Last day at work this week 👍😄 then packing tonight for a few days away. Realistically I'm not expecting any loss this week as know I won't be as focused while away and also won't have access to a scale. But that's OK, I am supposed to be healthily losing weight not torturing myself or becoming obsessive.
Chat later

Back