Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Well I never wore the new dress. I was getting my hair done and had asked darling husband could we go out for dinner after as I didn't want to waste the wonderful blow dry the hairdresser had done. And I was going to wear the new dress. So rang him on the way home to say id be 15 minutes and he had changed his mind and had opened a bottle of wine. I was fuming, he said we could go out today instead but my hair isn't the same all slept on.

Did 15 mins of hoop yesterday and did go swimming. A nice 20 lengths of the pool and the arm exercises. I'm glad I had a two day break as it seemed less effort then yesterday. Made a really nice chicken soup for the week and with yogurt pots that's lunches sorted. I have broccoli and cauliflower to cook and along with burgers that's most of my dinners. May have a ham salad some evening or an omelette. My food shopping bill was pretty small this week.

I tried on more clothes yesterday and the dress from Paris fits😅 (that sounds posh, it's just a regular dress). It's a Spanish brand so the under arm is cut a bit small so while it fits I might wait another few weeks to give more ease there. Two other dresses are fitting now too, both I wore for my daughters wedding 10 years ago. They are nothing exciting, one a simple shift dress and one a t shirt dress...yey I think I was about this size then. So they are back into regular clothes to be worn. I have two tops left in the bag of not yet fitting, one still too small. It's a lovely silk strap top that I have never worn. The second is a size 14 top from NEXT, it's a sleeveless halter neck. Technically it does fit but it doesn't look great on me so will hold off on that for a few more weeks.

I think I'm going to get up and see if I can go out for a walk, the dog will be happy she hasnt been out in a while. She's getting really old now and seems to sleep most of the day. And for the past few weeks has been needing to go out during the night.

I did my overall body measurements yesterday and have an odd cm gone here and there. But I look like I am smaller so I don't feel the measurements are accurate. I never know if I am measuring in the same place or if the tape is pulled to tight . My goal for July is to lose 2kg, fingers crossed.

Chat later

Well I never wore the new dress. I was getting my hair done and had asked darling husband could we go out for dinner after as I didn't want to waste the wonderful blow dry the hairdresser had done. And I was going to wear the new dress. So rang him on the way home to say id be 15 minutes and he had changed his mind and had opened a bottle of wine. I was fuming, he said we could go out today instead but my hair isn't the same all slept on.

Did 15 mins of hoop yesterday and did go swimming. A nice 20 lengths of the pool and the arm exercises. I'm glad I had a two day break as it seemed less effort then yesterday. Made a really nice chicken soup for the week and with yogurt pots that's lunches sorted. I have broccoli and cauliflower to cook and along with burgers that's most of my dinners. May have a ham salad some evening or an omelette. My food shopping bill was pretty small this week.

I tried on more clothes yesterday and the dress from Paris fits😅 (that sounds posh, it's just a regular dress). It's a Spanish brand so the under arm is cut a bit small so while it fits I might wait another few weeks to give more ease there. Two other dresses are fitting now too, both I wore for my daughters wedding 10 years ago. They are nothing exciting, one a simple shift dress and one a t shirt dress...yey I think I was about this size then. So they are back into regular clothes to be worn. I have two tops left in the bag of not yet fitting, one still too small. It's a lovely silk strap top that I have never worn. The second is a size 14 top from NEXT, it's a sleeveless halter neck. Technically it does fit but it doesn't look great on me so will hold off on that for a few more weeks.

I think I'm going to get up and see if I can go out for a walk, the dog will be happy she hasnt been out in a while. She's getting really old now and seems to sleep most of the day. And for the past few weeks has been needing to go out during the night.

I did my overall body measurements yesterday and have an odd cm gone here and there. But I look like I am smaller so I don't feel the measurements are accurate. I never know if I am measuring in the same place or if the tape is pulled to tight . My goal for July is to lose 2kg, fingers crossed.

Chat later
Oh, how frustating that you didn't get to go out! But great news about your clothes, that's my motivation too, really want to get back into the clothes I love and not feel bulky. 2kg sounds doable, maybe that should be my goal too. I agree that you never know how you measured, so clothes are your best guide.

You've inspired me about the weighted hoop, I have one too but it hasn't had any use for the last few years... <rolls eyes> and nor have my weights!

Did go for the walk yesterday morning, a slow and gentle 2km through the lanes by the fields. The dog was very happy. And went out for lunch so finally got to wear the dress and was complemented on my hair😅. Now that the dress has had it's debut it can become work wear or regular wear. @fit4hols I too had my weighted hoop put away but have taken it out the past 2 weeks and use it after dinner. It seems 10 minutes exercise of any sort after eating helps use up the glucose in your body so if I'm not going for a walk I hoop. And I've had to take 4 sections off it to fit now.

Morning all, it looks like this week might be a gain weight week or a stay the same, it's creeping up right now. I need to do some sort of a shake up.
Went swimming yesterday morning, 12 lengths plus 200 arm exercises Going to go again this morning and see if I can get 16 or 20 lengths done, body hasn't got a problem doing them but timing does, I need to be out and get to work on time. And my shoulder is getting a little stiff again, I don't want to bring it back to where it was.
Also went out for a 2km walk last night with the dog, I know it's not very much but it's huge compared to not being able to walk.
Chat later.

Did go for the walk yesterday morning, a slow and gentle 2km through the lanes by the fields. The dog was very happy. And went out for lunch so finally got to wear the dress and was complemented on my hair😅. Now that the dress has had it's debut it can become work wear or regular wear. @fit4hols I too had my weighted hoop put away but have taken it out the past 2 weeks and use it after dinner. It seems 10 minutes exercise of any sort after eating helps use up the glucose in your body so if I'm not going for a walk I hoop. And I've had to take 4 sections off it to fit now.
Oh lovely, I bought a couple of dresses this year too, don't usually like them but thrilled with these ones! Interesting about the exercise after dinner - I was hoping to get it over and done with in the morning, but will try later in the day now instead.

Morning all, it looks like this week might be a gain weight week or a stay the same, it's creeping up right now. I need to do some sort of a shake up.
Went swimming yesterday morning, 12 lengths plus 200 arm exercises Going to go again this morning and see if I can get 16 or 20 lengths done, body hasn't got a problem doing them but timing does, I need to be out and get to work on time. And my shoulder is getting a little stiff again, I don't want to bring it back to where it was.
Also went out for a 2km walk last night with the dog, I know it's not very much but it's huge compared to not being able to walk.
Chat later.
What are the arm exercises? I have laughable strength in my upper arms, and would love to build that up...

I use a pool noodle as resistance weight. Then do 50 reps each of the following, will try to explain.
Hold noodle in front with both hands and just push and back fifty times
Same as above but push down in water and pull up
Bend noodle up and hold each end and push in and out, hard to explain but this will work work biceps and chest.
Put noodle behind you and push down in water and back.
If you go on YouTube and search pool exercise with noodle you will get lots of ideas.
Because I had stopped swimming due to shoulder I quickly put weight on all around my bra line and upper arms and under arms. They are quickly getting saggy now and I want to tone them up a bit.

Only 12 lengths again yesterday as was a bit later going to the pool and did the 200 arm lengths.
No work today as I'm back in hospital for a procedure, having a cyst removed from my head😪 uck. Even though I work in the city I never get much chance to do anything so some bits and pieces to do today. I've to visit a jeweller to get a necklace repaired. I've lots to get in Boots and need to go to a health food store. And I want to get properly measured for a bra. Unfortunately we don't have an M&S and Debenhams gone too so only a posh lingerie shop really the only place I can go. They do swimwear and I need a bikini top, not a padded one for lounging but a proper one for swimming. Then back home as getting my eyebrows done in town at 3pm.
Will start by going swimming as may have stitches tomorrow and won't be able. Don't have to leave as early though.
Chat later.

Interesting about the exercise after dinner - I was hoping to get it over and done with in the morning, but will try later in the day now instead.
I'm sure exercise at any time is good but she says ten minutes of movement after eating uses up the glucose in your body and prevents it converting to fat for storage. Any movement really, a simple walk or just move your legs if you are stuck at a desk at work

I use a pool noodle as resistance weight. Then do 50 reps each of the following, will try to explain.
Hold noodle in front with both hands and just push and back fifty times
Same as above but push down in water and pull up
Bend noodle up and hold each end and push in and out, hard to explain but this will work work biceps and chest.
Put noodle behind you and push down in water and back.
If you go on YouTube and search pool exercise with noodle you will get lots of ideas.
Because I had stopped swimming due to shoulder I quickly put weight on all around my bra line and upper arms and under arms. They are quickly getting saggy now and I want to tone them up a bit.
Thank you! That's given me some ideas for general weights!

Hi. Just dropping by to have a read. Looks like you have a good routine going regarding food & exercise. That’s interesting about movement for 10 minutes post eating. Hope your minor surgery goes well & it’s not too painful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks @Susie58 , seemed to go well but it's stinging now. I have stitches in my head and can feel them pulling. It's still seeping blood. Won't be going swimming today or washing my hair and still have red disinfectant stuff through it so need to look for scarf or bandana to wear.
Got lots done yesterday, went swimming but a little later than usual and got 20 lengths plus arm exercises plus jacuzzi done. Drove to the city and stopped at Decathlon and got a proper swimming bikini top. Then in TKMaxx I bought a new slinky nightdress and dressing gown. They had some fabulous designer cotton pyjamas that I Ioved but had no reason to buy but inspiration hit and I bought three pairs... Christmas pyjamas for me and my girls 😅. Into the city proper then and went to the jewellers as planned and she will fix my necklace and change the clasp on it to hopefully stop it breaking again. Then to lingerie shop, got fitted for a bra and bought a new one. Then to hospital for procedure which took longer than I expected it to, a lot of pulling and poking went on to take it all out in one piece. It's to be sent to pathology to check but we are 100% sure it's nothing nasty. Went to Boots to stock up on moisturizer and creams then went into two clothes shops with very tempting sales. One had a lovely dress, I tried a 16 and a 14. The 14 was definitely too tight and wouldn't close but the 16 was too big. I'm finding with a lot of clothes now they are too big across my back and sag and don't sit right. But I need the 16 for boobs and belly. Second shop I saw an amazing jumpsuit, cotton halterneck with flowing legs, not something I'd ever wear. Again tried a 16 and a 14, the 16 was too big underarms and side boob. The 14 looks a bit snug, well it fits but just shows wobbly rolls and spare tyres. Ive my husbands school reunion coming up and a wedding next spring and decided to get it. Great encouragement to tone up more.
Plan was to go and have some lunch somewhere but was now running out of time as had to get home to get eyebrows and eyelashes done. So got them done in hometown, then went to an alterations place to leave jumpsuit to be taken up. Stopped at Tesco to by two bras in my new size and then as I was alone for the evening and hadn't eaten anything all-day I treated myself to fish and chips.
That was my day, a day of self care and getting lots done that needed to be done.
Looking at the time and it's pretty early, if it's dry out I might bring the dog for a walk or if it's raining do some hula hooping before I go to work.
One meal yesterday was perfect ( I could have made a better choice than fish and chips). I actually wasn't hungry at all, I was looking forward to food but not hungry. I wish I could fit that into every day but it doesn't really fit into a work day yet.
Chat later

Did the hula hoop and was drizzling out. Im on track for a half kg loss this week but the fish and chips may have scuppered that.

Morning, I was right only a 200g loss overall for the week. I'm ok with that but need to do better to reach my September goal. I did have cracottes and cheese last night an hour after dinner so that won't have helped either. I try to go out for lunch on Friday, a break from the office and regular routine. But because I was off Wednesday I still have one soup and one yougurt pot left so will have them. And I have one burger left for dinner with the last of the cauliflower and broccoli, I've been tossing it in the pan with butter, garlic and almonds.
Left work a bit early yesterday as my head and stitches were really sore. But then got a text to say my necklace was ready, it only 5 minute drive from work but then have to find parking. Did so and collected it and as I was now in city centre and had paid for an hours parking I went to Penny's to root for more bras. Obviously not as supportive but I did get two that are pretty and will suit a low cut dress that you are just wearing for an evening out. Also picked up a pair of sandals on sale that will go with the new jumpsuit. I think I'm done now until Christmas.
It's raining out and still don't want to get hair wet so I think more hula hoop this morning. I didn't go for an actual walk yesterday but did at least 2km brisk walking through the city. The simple act of walking pain free is amazing, if it's dry at lunchtime I might walk around the block at work, curious to know how long it is.
Chat later.

Ahhh, those fish and chips... 😞 it's a good reminder for me on a Friday not to give in at the end of the day. I didn't do well at the start of the week either.

200g is in the right direction, but we must remember we're aiming for 2kg this month - and it's still doable! Also, I do tend to find that junk food tend to stick on the scales for a couple of days because carbs soak up more water, so hopefully you'll find that disappears soon anyway.

Have a good day!

Thanks, at work and had a homemade oat biscuit with dark chololate on it, i needed it to help take paracetamol. Did the 15 minute with hoop, raining here though so probably no walk.

You had a pretty productive day on Wednesday then. Funny how some days lots get sorted then other days just pass & hardly anything gets done . The head is a very sensitive area to treat isn’t it. Hopefully the pain will ease by tomorrow.
Well done on the loss. I do think walking is a very good way to keep weight down & it’s surprising how far you end up walking on a shopping or errand day.

Last edited:
Morning all, and the weather sounds bad outside. Pain still there, it's quite bashed and bruised plus the tightness of the stitches plus an actual headache.
Plan for today is I will go swimming and I'm taking Oscar with me, he really wants to go and had three lessons with the school so we are keen to keep that momentum going. Then shopping and meal prep for the week,no idea really what I want for this week.
No other news really, chat later.

Morning me again😅. Swim was good with Oscar, I got my 20 lengths done and arm exercises but not as quick cos after every 4 lengths I stopped swimming to pull him up and down the pool. He gained a little confidence in the water which is good.
Plan for today is myself and husband are going to Dublin for the day. We are going to see Mam first, she has dementia and is in a nursing home. Hopefully she is having a good day and will recognize me. Then we are collecting Dad and bringing him out for lunch. And that will be a full day.

Back