Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Hungry now and making dinner. A kale and quinoa burger and some homemade aloo ghobi. Baby potatoes and cauliflower steaming. Red onion, red peppers and curry powder frying in 1 tsp coconut oil and will mix them together.
20 oat cereal bars made and in the freezer.
It really was an ice cream and rise wine day but I will stay strong. No exercise but did a small bit of gardening, Oscar now has a ball pond, a sand pit and a teeny paddling pool in the garden.

Dinner sounds yummy - and well done on all the gardening and playthings for Oscar. I have very fond memories of being in our paddling pool when i was a littley :).

Off to google aloo ghobi!

Just curried potatoes and cauliflower, cooked veg added to a dry spice mix so lots of taste with no added sauce full of calories.

8am Half bottle of beetroot, apple and ginger juice
9am Uncooked porridge with grated pear, cinnamon and apple
10:30am rice and green bean salad, 2 wholemeal crackers
12:30pm Buckwheat pancake with 3 quorn cocktail sausages, half tomato, slice vegan cheese and rice and green bean salad.
3pm 2 rice paper rolls with spinach, carrot, avocado, radish, spring onions, pickled cucumber. Some cauliflower dip
Homemade oat bar.
7:30pm kale and quinoa burger, homemade aloo ghobi
A few crackers crisps and a teaspoon hummous.
Exercise: no
Sugar free: yes
Vegan: yes
Water: 1.5 L
Herbal tea/lemon water: 3 cups

This is me quoting my own diary from yesterday, just want to "analyse" it.
So firstly its 5 grazing meals rather than 3 proper meals and a snack. If I have porridge for breakfast then I always need something substantial later as I can'tswallow enough porridge to fill me. However I do want the health benefits of it so will persevere for the moment and see how it goes.
I'm counting it as about 5 carb portions, the rice paper rolls are extremely thin, barely one portion for about 6 of them and the salad had only one quarter rice.
About 6 portions fruit and veg, could be better.
Not enough protein, not enough water.
It was sugar free and vegan and had very little fat. It was alcohol free.
Its probably not sustainable every day.
Not too bad for day one, let's see how today goes. Still more rice paper rolls and aloo ghobi left. If I can do five days like this it will set me up for a good beginning. Slept well and didn't wake until 7 am.

I'm like that with porridge too, it never fills me up enough.

I have a friend who is rake thin who grazes, and she always has done - I guess it's whatever works best for you personally. I think those little graze meals sound lovely, such a yummy variance.

Last edited:
Thanks, porridge, salad, crackers, peanuts and peanut butter so far today. Just sitting in the garden playing sudoku and not drinking wine.

That cheetah zip wire must have been brill to watch..I'd love to see that!
You're sounding very focused, good on you Tippy for getting back in the game 😺
Food sounds absolutely gorgeous😋 I much prefer smaller grazing meals to 3 big meals a day, I don't seem to be so hungry even though it's the same amount of food. I'm like you in not being able to eat a bowl of porridge, it just seems to get stuck. Making it a lot runnier sometimes helps. The banana pancakes I made the other day were filling, and it's rare I stay full till my next meal. .only oats, mashed banana & cinnamon.
Is it tomorrow you start your new job Tippy? If yes, enjoy your first day X

Thanks, yep tomorrow at 10am, will be a short enough day. Just health and safety and induction and trying to get codes to log into systems.
Husband just sat beside me with a steak and a bottle of wine...I don't even like steak but the smell is making me hungry.

Had an unofficial weigh in and weight going in the right direction.
Having raw porridge with pear, cinnamon and water for breakfast. It takes me a while to eat it.on the second cup of green tea. I have two rice paper rolls to bring for work, some cauliflower dip, crackers and an oat bar. I'm sure its a short day so should be fine.

I think I just roasted the cauliflower in chunks. Put into a dish with a tenny bit of water and cover with foil and roasted till soft. Then whizzed with a drizzle of seasame oil and sprinkled with seasame seeds. In small pots and frozen. Take them.out as I need them.

I was looking for a replacement for mayo and other high fat dips and even butter. So now I have a collection in the freezer of cauliflower, butterbean and humous type dips. A teeny bit of oil or even water to thin it down and pepper and garlic and/or herbs. Frozen in small baby weaning containers they take just minutes to thaw.

For me the oil.was for taste, so salt and pepper or other herbs spices are fine and if any are still too thick then a spoon of water is fine. But it was only about a teaspoon oil for a whole cauliflower which was about 8 portions dip.

Full of wind now, and was after lunch when I went back to work. Was sitting with my new boss looking at IT system and the noise coming from my abdomen was immense. Came home for lunch today and for dinner now had kale and quinoa burger, oven chips and Iceland lentils

Oh dear on the wind front! Was it the cauli? Oats have the same effect on me.

How was your first day, apart from wanting to break wind in front of the new boss? :D.

I In think it was just all the raw food inside me starting to ferment, oats and fruit and veg. Thankfully at the time it didn't come out, just kept gurgling and booming around inside me. Feeling a bit weak now as I eat breakfast,at be the lack of protein...will have to think whatvto have for dinner. A graze type box packed for lunch, rocket and spinach, cauliflower dip, 2 oat bars, nuts and raisins, about a tablespoon of cooked curry lentils and a pack of cooked quinoa/wheatberrirs/olives. Bought a new metal canteen that holds and keeps cool 1L water and my yea box and cup.already aty new desk with selection of green and mint tea.

First day was OK, 5 of us back from last year. 15 started and another 15 next week and all 30 of us moving to a new section together in September and all here for 12 months. And all " grown ups", as its a 13 month contract we have no students this year. Finally nice to start a job with adults.
In a small section.working on huge amounts of money. There won't be much work.for me to do at first, boss said as much, but he is happy for me to research and learn. And I will seriously need to update my spreadsheet skills, I might see if I can fit an online course into my day. And he is happy for me to do flexi time so that's good, I can work up an extra day to take off each month. Only problem so far is annual holidays, I really want to plan something. We have been told new section won't let us off Nov to April. We can't go now to.end Aug as we are holiday cover and well Sept and Oct will just be start of new section so hard to go. Will figure it out over the next few weeks
I really want to book something firm.

Back