Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Thanks all and morning,
Well Ive been experimenting in the kitchen and made what Im going to call "Instead of Bread". I was going through the fridge and trying to use up all the leftover veg so I now have a big pot of veg soup, wilted spinach, cooked baby potatoes, carrot and cucumber salad, grilled aubergine and my experiment. I was in the humour for something savoury but pancake or fritter style. I made a batter with just some buckwheat and water and added a finely grated aubergine and a tin or sweetcorn and some Chinese five spice powder. Cooked them on the griddle, very lightly oiled with avocado oil and leaving some to cool. They taste great but need something with them, Ive just had one with some pesto and it was great. I think for breakfast they would be great with some wilted spinach and a poached egg. So I took the experiment further to see how they would work for work lunch options when I want something warm. Ive made warps and fritters before with buckwheat but don't like the texture when microwaved. So I popped one of these in to a reusable sandwich toasting bag and popped it into the toaster....and its a success. A lovely warm and crispy fritter. We have a number of toasters at work and with some of my dips they will make a good snack at break. Im going to try some sweet ones two, we have loads of apples in the garden waiting to be picked so might stew some and make apple and raisin and cinnamon fritters as a sweet option.

Tibbs, can you eat Buckwheat? Is name is misleading it has no wheat or gluten. I use it for panckaes, just mix with water, leave about 10 minutes and the texture changes and cook as normal, no egg or milk or anything needed..

They sound lovely Tippy, I'll be trying those out as yes, I,m ok with buckwheat and have a bag of it in 😋
Congrats on doing well at your interview and hope a job opportunity comes your way sooner than soon 🦄

Morning all, phone and internet funny this weekend so haven't really been posting but have been reading and catching up with everyone's news.

Not had a great on night. I may have said before that every so often I get this strange heart palpatation and funny dizzy feeling, well I had it last night. Went to bed at 10:30 pm and slept until about midnight and woke up with a jump and sweating, heart pumping like mad and head like it was buzzing. It used to freak me out and I was convinced I was having a heart attack or stroke....it doesn't frighten me anymore but does make me quiet ill. If anyone has had very bad restless leg syndrome well its very like restless body syndrome, I have to keep " shaking my body" to reset it. It's like its vibrating at the wrong frequency, I can't really explain it any other way. Eventually by 4am I had had enough and took half a zanax (yep, I have some just in case, two weeks supply does me a year). Dozed off a bit but after a night like this I am weak and dizzy the next day. So, no walk or jiggling this morning and not looking forward to sitting at a desk all day. But am sure I will be fine and hopefully back to normal tomorrow.

So having a smoothie for my breakfast and will pack something for lunch. Ive made some "toasted sandwiches" for lunch and frozen them. They are thin buckwheat pancakes filled with a slice of vegan cheese, a swirl of pesto and a dees vegan sausage. Folded over as a square and ready to go into the toaster at work. But my shaky night has also left me a bit naseous and I really can't face one.
I had four small meals yesterday including a regular toasted ham and cheese sandwich last night. Well that's what it was supposed to be but we had no regular cheese and I used an easi single my son had bought...well it was vile, one of the worst things I have eaten and put me off anything cheesey at all.

Thanks both, no need to worry it has been checked a number of times and everything has come up OK. Doctor originally said it was stress related but I don't think so, I actually are think its my immune system, it happens when I am.particularly tired or coming down with something. TOTM just started so that could have caused it, also am drifting from too hot to too cold today so could be getting a cold.

Anyway, freezing so having a spicey noodle cup a soup for break and think I'll go out at lunchtime for a sandwich. I need to stay warm and keep my immune system.boosted. I'm sure I still have some echinacea at home.

Tippy, you're describing how I feel when I've had an intolerance overload..usually wheat and dairy together, my immune system goes into overdrive. It's a horrible feeling. It maybe worth keeping a food diary to see if you can see a link when you feel like that X

Awww hunny sorry about the heart palpatations. Look after yourself. Your xmas goal sounds great xxx

Ah tipp that sounds quite scary with the heart palpatations etc, no wonder you were not feeling up to much in the morning. Hope you are feeling better now, sounds like food prep is still going well.

Thanks all, feeling fine now, I had a gentle day yesterday and back to normal today. Once I know nothing is wrong and don't freak out about it I usually am fine within 24 hours.
Tibbs you could be partially right, too much sugar does the same to me...as I said I think its my immune system kicking in and trying to protect me in some way.

OK all, just about to leave work.for the day, its too late to start on a new task.but a bit too early to leave.
Food diary and exercise challenge threads all up to date, back later for a quick.natter.

Well I never got back to chat last night, Oscar came in to play for about an hour and by 8:30pm I was asleep.
Up this morning and had a jiggle session, I really can't say if its doing weight loss any good at all but it is helping my digestive system. I've no more trapped wind at all, I still have wind but it doesn't get caught inside...u just stand on the jiggler and burp. And even if the jiggle dies not good it gives me a good 15 mins of stretching anyway
Just having my smoothie and lunch packed, veg soup and a sort of toasted sandwich. I have in the freezer " toasted sandwiches" ready for work. Its a buckwheat pancake with a dees vegan sausage, vegan cheese and pesto. Ready to be heated at work.
The weather has changed so today I am wearing skirt and black tights. Shirt is elastic Desigual large just above the knee, black rights and black court shoes, with heavy tights and a bit of a heel my ankles look OK. Teamed with a floaty top and a scarf in case it gets cold I look fine.
Remember the skirt i bought last week and it doesn't fit, well I liked it for a reason...its very similar to the one I'm wearing.

Your outfit sounds lovely tipp, I bet it's handy having those toasties in the freezer to bring to work. Hope you have a good day :)

I love Desigual.
Very much looking forward to slimming back into their jacket that I bought at target last time!

I love Desigual too, I love colour and swirly designs. Each time I go to France we go to a retail outlet and I buy two items at half price. So I have four dresses (one not worn yet as my arms are too fat), two tops, 6 skirts, one skirt that was a dress and I altered it and a wonderful.pair of totally hippy trousers. I've been lucky enough to go to the flagship.store in Barcelona....its HUGE

Impressive organisation, Tipp. I want a desigual coat in blues and golds when I'm at gold! I hope my arms will be thin enough. Bingo wings may mean they are still too bulky.....fingers crossed.

Back