Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Good move to buy in healthy food - it's always a help to stick to plan when there are lots of tempting healthy foods in the house.
You've done so well, I'm sure you can get back on track and push through the next two weeks to get to your goal xx

Thanks....as we had no kitchen we spent a few weeks just throwing prepared meals in the oven. They wernt too bad but no kitchen meant no way to prep lunches.
Brought something good with me today and will again tomorrow. I deliberately wore high heels so I wasn't tempted to walk to the deli for something .
Went to halfords this evening and I now have a cycle helmet, a reflective jersey and a high vis backpack cover so ready to eventually cycle to work.

OK reality check.
Today is 1stAugust and I weigh 72.5kg.
On 1stJuly I weighed 71.kg.
On 31stAugust I go on holiday and wanted to be 68kg....so this isn't going to happen.
I cannot lose 4.5kg in 4 weeks.

I have a very busy month ahead of me including a weekend away with friends and 4 days working at our local agricultural show.

I need to plan and organise the month well to stop weight spiraling upwards again.

Time to think.

Where did the summer go?

So....I think I scared myself a bit with the last post and realise his far I have fallen behind.
I really need to swim to tone up but to be honest the last few times I went for some reason I couldn't get my breathing right and started to gag in the pool....in fact one day I had to leave to throw up....and that is playing on my mind.
I have a meeting tonight and would like to go swimming after work before the meeting....it will save me a trip home and back to town.
I would also like a short walk at lunchtime so might go in early and then take a good hour for lunch

OK so I have a plan, I just need to finish my breakfast smoothie and get dressed

Hi Tippy, just realised you've got a diary, here to follow.
Plan sounds good to keep those size 12’s comfy..wish I could swim, it seems such good exercise as well as fun x

Yes.....I have a "daily rant" here in WeMitters and a food diary in members diaries.

Was good with food today...so far.
Took a 1 hour lunch break and went for a 4km walk. Then went swimming and only managed 14 lengths before I started to gag....I don't know what causes it

Wow that's brilliant thank you.

Maybe TMI for some so read with caution...

Its like mucous builds up in my throat and I start to choke and then retch
I have been swimming a long time now and this had only started in the past 5 weeks. I had to get out last night after 14 lengths to throw up.
It happens on breast stroke and underwater jogging... As I say it seems more a breathing coordination thing than food or digestion thing.
I'm going to try again tonight and just swim 4 lengths crawl and backstroke to warm up and the start aquajogging exercises for arms and abdomen but ones that need head above water.
I need to solve this before it becomes psychological as well as physical.

Now at 72.7 kg

Not the right direction at all.

And just remembered its kiddies night at pool so won't be going.

Thanks Susie, that's what I will do....some aqua jogging with head out of water.
As I said it was kiddies night at the pool last night so I didn't go in. I went for a shortbwalk with darling husband. Weight is still creeping up and while i quickly admit I have more wine than I should I feel I have been sensible with food and trying hard to get enough exercise. I think it goes to show that how active or sedentary you are has a huge impact on your weight. I have 4 weeks left in this job sitting 8 hours a day so am almost resigned to the fact that if my weight stays still then that will be a success.
We sit at a computer all day with the day organised around 2 teabreaks and a lunch. At least a third of the women there are overweight....I can see why. And the rest try so hard to eat healthy and exercise each day....its a struggle to remain fit.
4 more weeks, then my holiday and then I have no idea what work I will have. Hopefully I can get back to being more active and shrinking again.
I won't have much time over the next 2 weeks to get much exercise or food planning in so hopefully I wont increase too much.

Talk later

Had bad news today.....a major financial decision has gone against us and will have huge personal and family upheaval implications. I was quite distressed going back to work after lunch and a bit tearful. It was difficult to stay. At home now and my blood pressure is very high and heart beating too fast. Not in the humour for going out and I have oven chips and veggie burger in the oven. I am determined not to have a glass of wine as I know I won't stop or else it will make me very maudlin.
Will allow myself to wallow in misery tonight and then pick up the pieces tomorrow and make a plan for the future.

Talk tomorrow.

Well glad to report no wine was taken. Though I did need some herbal supplements to help me sleep.
Awake now and that sense of been overwhelmed is gone.
Very busy day ahead. Get dressed in a few minutes and need to drive to village and collect daughter as she needs a lift to town. The be at the wholesalers at 8.30am for consumables for the show this weekend. In work for 9.15am with some difficult calls to make to clients. Then I have a work review with my supervisor at 10am. Will finish at 5.45 tonight and not sure then about exercise as I am due at the show field to organise delivery of catering equipment. And then finally tonight its Game of Thrones catch up with my daughter. We were planning wine and pizza but I might replace the pizza with some Vietnamese rice paper rolls as I gave some cooked chicken, and maybe some hummous and the piroge breads.

Sounds like a plan to me....I just need to get dressed
Have a good day

Oh sweetheart I'm so sorry to hear about your money worries - know exactly how you feel, that was me a few days ago - but you can and you will get through it, big big hugs!

And blimey you have got a busy day! Enjoy G0T - I'm up to date on it now, all very exciting :).

Just in....all deliveries made to field. My tent not up yet so am at home. Work was OK today....we got to make some suggestions to our supervisor about the lack of training or communication we received about the job the first week and he was happy about that as he wasnt aware of the problems we had.
Had a good day with food I think....I wasn't hungry at lunchtime and had a cup a soup and two crackers with salad and chicken.
Off to make some rice paper rolls now before I get nibbly.
I will have wine tonight but its planned wine.

Talk again

Game of Thrones night at daughters didn't go as planned. Baby woke up so we spent about 30 minutes playing with him....he was in a great humour and with lots of energy. Then only 10 minutes into programme the power went. She checked and it was planned to be out until midnight so I got darling husband to collect me.
I made chicken Vietnamese rice paper rolls for me and daughter and we had them with rice salad and potato salad and wine.
I need to get dressed now and walk up to her house to collect my car....the dog will be happy as she'll get a nice walk.

Chicken, chocolate and chardonnay....you can see where my night us going.

Morning all....well its been a crazy number of days and all involving massive amounts of food and feeding other people.
We had the local show on Monday and it was a great success. Sunday night I made, packed and delivered 200 sandwiches. I arrived at the field 8am Monday morning to get the tea going and start making chicken wraps. We opened the teavtent at 9am and after serving 450 people had to shut down at 4pm when we ran out of supplies. Day was spent picking at cake all day and wine at night.
Tuesday then was spent unpacking, tidying and shopping and then starting all over again by baking apple sponge and flapjacks....not just a bit but enough for 150 people. Packed the car up Tuesday night, went to work Wednesday, left 4pm and drove 90 mins away. Delivered the cake and then set about cooking pasta salad again for 150. All this was to feed the riders in a charity cycle yesterday.
Long day at work yesterday, I did 9.5 hours and will leave at 4pm today to go away for the weekend with husband and some friends. Its a hotel with a spa...I have swim things packed but who knows what we will do.
Its been a bad week with food as I have been gone so much and when at home the kitchen us made with "mass catering" haven taken over. So buying sandwiches and snacks out. It will also.be a bad weekend as far ad food and drink are concerned but I am giving myself a break and planning a strict 10 day detox when I get back.

Talk on Monday....have a good weekend.

Back