Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Good for you

Evening all, so hoping for a loss tomorrow and then something to record for Fridays official weigh in. I thought the swimming would kick start the loss bigtime but it hasn't seem to have made any difference. I do feel better for it and im sure if i keep it up it will start to tone me up but so far no weight loss from it.
I had 2 cracottes at 12pm with butter. 20 lenghts swimming and 2 walking at lunchtime. Then meatballs, cauliflower and green beans at 2:30. I took out a digestive biscuit to have with tea after that but never got to that until 4pm. Dinner just now was 5 fish fingers and brocolli. I may have a glass of wine and i may have it in the polytunnel as i need to clear my head.

The swimming is so good for you. Excellent that you are keeping it up.

Due to covid the pool has a booking system and have said they can take 23 and the first session I booked I was number 18. But 6 will be in the jacuzzi any way (it's very large and can take 18 at least but they have it spread out now) and there was less than 12 in the pool. Just in bed now, had a small glass of wine in the garden listening to the birds go to bed. We are surrounded by trees, well on 3 sides, so the birds make quite a noise. It was nice to be in the air and to relax.
I cooked fish goujons for lunch tomorrow but think I will stop at a deli and get a nice salad instead.

No loss, in fact a 100g gain. A little bit demotivated by that as I was really expecting about a 500g loss . Ah well, keep going.

No swimming today, TOTM and i needed a new swim suit. So have popped down town to get one and dropped the bags off to the charity shop. Two of the items from the H&M order are too big and have to be returned so that money was rediverted to the swimsuit 💸👙👍

hopefully the gain is just TOTM bloat.

It's quite well documented that exercise doesn't shift weight, it's all about the food. However the physical and mental gains from exercise can't be ignored and a holistic approach can obviously aid weight loss. Exercise will help your body and your mind and hopefully feel better about yourself.

FINALLY, something to report. A 300g loss, it's not much loss but finally it's movement in the right direction so I'm taking it🥳

I'm back,I've had a quick run around updating challenges etc with my AMAZING 😳 loss. Well, if you havent had any movement at all like me you will celebrate anything.

I think I said my old swimsuit was falling apart and that it was totally see through, you know when the stretch in it finally gives and it become see through, well that happened. I hadn't it factored into my budget but as said the H&M returns allowed for it. The sports shop had very little selection, I need a suit for proper swimming in, not a sitting and looking good it. Because I was in a rush I grabbed what looked like my size and appropriate. But when I tried it on the style isn't suitable at all for me. I had a racer back style and this one is the sort with a cross back and a sort of dipped down. Anyway it doesn't provide any side boob coverage and as soon as I would do one stoke I reckon a boob would pop out🤭. So it's back to the shop at lunchtime to return it. They really don't have a great selection and I think the only other size 18 was a more granny style with padded boobs and big straps. If I thought it would work I would get it but again I don't think it would suit what I want. I might have to try online but didn't want to have to wait for it.
Off to catch up with anyone else.
Have a good Friday

Ok swimsuit issue sorted. I have ordered the same exact one online that i have now, same size, same style, same colour. And for a quarter of the price of the licsl sports shop👍

lol you'd be underwater maybe no one would see the escapee boobage? 🤣 Glad you've got sorted although you're having to wait a bit.

Well done on the loss!

Morning all☀️. I'm saying good morning but in fact I've only just gone to bed. I fell asleep on the couch and had a wonderful sleep and woke up needing the bathroom and realized where I was. So just come up to bed now. Will probably be up soon again to start watering the polytunnel and pick salads and courgettes for the weekend.

Guess what I did last night?????
I went OUT, as in not in my house and not at work.
The last time I think I got to go out with my husband was Feb 2020😮. Outdoor dining is allowed now if prebooked so on Tuesday we booked a table for last night at the local pub. She did warn us it was the early sitting but that suited us perfectly. In fact with the booking system they ended up having 4 sittings yesterday. It's only the local gastro pub less than 2 miles from our house but it felt like we were on holidays. Fish and chips and wine have never tasted so good. Home by 8pm and sat in the garden with more wine, definitely a holiday vibe.

So now back to getting serious about weight loss. 2 mini goals, I need to get BMI below 35 and I want to hit 10% weight loss. I'm not going to do the maths but reckon the first is about 1.5 more kilos or just under that and the second maybe 2.5kg more. Not huge amounts but great psychological milestones.

Sounds like a lovely evening.

Those psychological number are very motivating to me too. I've just realised that in 3.5lbs time, I'll be so well on my way down, I will have less than 100lbs to shed. I'll count lbs, % and stones - any chip down in the big numbers motivates me. And 10% of weight lost is a really good marker for better health.

I agree @AliGal anyway of counting at all to keep us motivated. And even a 5kg loss is supposed to help with blood pressure.

I ate less than half my meal. I should have just ordered a starter. Im definitely eating much less than i did before.
Yesterdsy for lunch i had a slise of ham, some cheese, a one egg plain omlette (cooked at home and warming slightly in the sandwich toaster) and salad leaves. Then dinner was onr of the pieces of battered cod on my plate, i gave husband the second and he gave me an onion ring which i ate half of. I had some of the mushy peas and about 6 chips. I also through the day had 1 digestive and 6 squares of whole nut chocolate. And the wine. By far from a perfect day but lot less than i previously would have had.

Plan for today is i want to start with cutting the side shoots of all the tomatoes and watering the polytunnel. I then i want to set a table for fathers day, onr themed for my husband. Ive to do shopping then to get something for lunch tomorrow. And if i have the energy i would like to take the two boys and the dog for a walk through the fields. But i will start first by getting the washing machine on, im such an irish Mammy 🤣washing clothes takes precedence over everthing

glad you had a nice time out Tipp :) Some things matter more than losing weight everyday and quality time definitely matters.

You'll get there, I'm motivated by numbers as well, that's why I have my '5lb chunks' not that I'm powering through them, I have the speed of a sleeping snail.

Happy Weekend :)

Well I got less than half of my plan done. I never got near the polytunnel so going to start with that today. I never got any walk done either. I ended up with Oscar for most of the day, he helped me with the table. I knew exactly what I was going to do but asked him anyway what would Papi like and he came up with the same suggestions, wine, cars and books.
Breakfast at 11am was ham, avocado, salad leaves, and a chorizo and spinach omelette. Then at 3pm I had a packet of popcorn and three slices of pumpkin seed and cranberry bread with butter and cheddar. At some part of the day I had a club milk and in the late afternoon I had some wine while the 3 little ones played in the garden. A typical Saturday in our house.
I'm making lunch for all of us today. I have a chicken and a duck to roast. I will see what courgettes and salads we have in the garden. I'm going to make the diet doctor aubergine chips and will do potatoes for the others too. I've bought tiramisu for dessert and have last year's redcurrants out of the freezer and Greek yogurt.
Enjoy the day everyone.

Back