upper lip facial hair, not sure what to do.

miss-r

I can do it!!
I have facial hair on my upper lip.

It is quite fine and fairly light but I can still see it.
I have tried Jolen in the past but its been getting worse. I am going to get some more as i've ran out. I am just hoping it will hide it enough.

I'm not sure if but don't really want to pluck or wax. Once I start waxing I suppose i'l have to keep having it done.

I am 28, is that young to get noticable facial hair? I am fair skinned with naturally mousy brown hair.
I've had hair there there for years but it seems to be getting more noticeable recently and i'm getting more self conscious of it just not too sure what to do
Thanks for reading xx

I'm 28 and get hair on my upper lip and I'm dark so have to get rid lol! Don't wanna be concious of it.

I tried bleaching but didn't like the fact you could still see the hairs in the right light. I now get it waxed if do it myself at home, I find the result lasts ages and is well worth it. It is the same with any treatment you need to keep it up.I find I need to wax maybe every 3 months now so not bad. I dont know of any other way you can deal with it, shaving? I doubt that is as good.

Good luck with it, I know how self concious it can make you x

I'm 28 and get hair on my upper lip and I'm dark so have to get rid lol! Don't wanna be concious of it.

I tried bleaching but didn't like the fact you could still see the hairs in the right light. I now get it waxed if do it myself at home, I find the result lasts ages and is well worth it. It is the same with any treatment you need to keep it up.I find I need to wax maybe every 3 months now so not bad. I dont know of any other way you can deal with it, shaving? I doubt that is as good.

Good luck with it, I know how self concious it can make you x

Hi there, if you don't mind me asking, what stuff do you use? is it difficult?? thanks for answering my question

The first time I went to a salon, then I used veet facial hair strips and I cut them smaller because they are quite think. You warm them in your hands then put on taught skin and then pull off, I find them good. Have also used boots own ones. The more you do it the longer the result lasts, I would go to a salon first off. They do it quick and I think it is relatively painless. It doesn't grow back thicker of anything so if you don't like it you can try something else.

Yep..I use the veet strips as well.. Take a deep breath and just tug them off....

Sorry if that sounds a bit naughty :eek:

LittleSis said:
Yep..I use the veet strips as well.. Take a deep breath and just tug them off....

Sorry if that sounds a bit naughty :eek:

Lol no exactly what you do!

I have this problem and I'm only 20!!!! I either pluck it or I got some Boots expert sensitive facial hair removal cream and that does the trick!

Nair hair removal cream for your face does the trick.....and no pain, done in 4 mins! Need to do it every few weeks tho x:eek:)

Get the same problem and have it waxed - less than 2 mins and about £7 - definitely worth it - get my eyebrows done at the same time so worth going.

miss-r said:
I have facial hair on my upper lip.

It is quite fine and fairly light but I can still see it.
I have tried Jolen in the past but its been getting worse. I am going to get some more as i've ran out. I am just hoping it will hide it enough.

I'm not sure if but don't really want to pluck or wax. Once I start waxing I suppose i'l have to keep having it done.

I am 28, is that young to get noticable facial hair? I am fair skinned with naturally mousy brown hair.
I've had hair there there for years but it seems to be getting more noticeable recently and i'm getting more self conscious of it just not too sure what to do
Thanks for reading xx

Defo nothing to do with age - i've had it since my teens! ;)
Boots sensitive facial hair removal cream is great - cheap & tube lasts ages, doesn't hurt at all & i do it every 6 weeks :)

Used to pay to get it waxed but i'd go hugely Red because my skin is super sensitive... it calmed down after a few hours though so not a big problem :)

CGx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Tweeze the fat ones and use a tiny face shaver blade thing to shave it off. I get them from Japan (3 for 100 yen = 77p) and I've been doing it for *gasp* 17 years! Since I was 13.Its an urban myth it will grow back coarser. Whoever said that wanted to keep the secret that shaving gives best results to themselves! LOL

I actually had it lasered off at the SK:N Clinic 4 years ago, had 6 sessions, but the little tache hairs grew back. Don't have a single hair on my legs or arms though.

Amazon.com: TINKLE Eyebrow, Neck or Face Razor (Quantity: 3 Razors): Health & Personal Care

Why don't you try threading?? I cant wax my skin reacts to all wax even the one for sensitive skin. I can use hair removal cream even umder my arms skin reacts. Threading works thread brows, upper lip even under arm. The lady that does mine can even do legs!

Back