woman of the year awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
one before and one after xx mine went in on wednesday just gone and my regionals are on the 18th scary stuff lol

Yeah 1 before & 1 after. It doesn't say on the literature that target members are exempt, I will cry if that's the case!

Yeah 1 before & 1 after. It doesn't say on the literature that target members are exempt, I will cry if that's the case!

I hope it isn't the case hun :(

No the person mentioned it, and it made sense, because there is a top target member (isnt there?)

but maybe cus you're a woman you qualify for it- here's hoping anyway ;)

you can win it this year my dear :)

next year it's mine! :sign0151:

LOL, I doubt I'll win it. I was just so shocked to realised I had been voted my groups! :) I'm made up anyway.

Is there a top target? When is that one?

I'm sure target members can enter because there is a section in the form asking about how long target members have maintained for.

Posted the forms and photos off today.

I'm hoping I'll be well enough to go to the district final a week on sat. Ive been in hospital for 3 days this week so we will have to wait and see. I don't feel as though I should go if I'm not fit for work.

Has anyone been to a district final before? How shall I dress? What shall I take? And what's it like?

my consultant is coming to have a chat with me this weekend about the regionals so i could probably tell you after that

caramumofmany said:
my consultant is coming to have a chat with me this weekend about the regionals so i could probably tell you after that

That's great, let me know. I don't see mine till weds & if I need a new outfit I'll be getting it before then. Exciting! X

District final was amazing! A lovely morning and I've come away feeling more motivated than ever and I heard some amazing, emotional & inspiring stories.

First we were measured (height & weighed), then we went into another room & saw footage of woty final. Wow! It's a proper awards ceremony with celebrities, ball gowns, the lot!!

We were split into two groups and everyone got 5 mins to tell their personal stories and 3 judges asked a question each after. I felt really comfortable doing the speaking bit, which surprised me as at work I avoid public speaking like the plague! A lot of people found this part emotional- take tissues!

The other ladies in my group all inspired me so much with their journeys and how much their lives have changed.

After this we all went away for coffee and they chose 4 finalists. Each of the 4 finalists told their stories again and their display boards were shown round.

5 mins break again and the runner up was announced and the winner of the district final. The lady I wanted to win did! I was delighted for her.

I didn't get past the first bit, and I was the smallest loser by a good stone! I think the winner had lost an amazing 8.5 st! It isn't just weight loss, they are looking for someone who is inspirational which she was.

Absolutely loved it! Anyone who is going to district- good luck & enjoy!!

i am so nervous about going to mine next weekend, i have just gotten a dress for it today, i am amazed at how many people say i have inspired them to loose weight because of how well and good i look, i have lost 7st 8.5lb since january this year.. .. note to self tissues in bag lmao

ps do you think this is too dressy or ok?
considering in january i walked into slimming world hanging out of size 26 trousers that fact that i am in a slinky size 12 number is amazing!!
012-5.jpg

caramumofmany said:
i am so nervous about going to mine next weekend, i have just gotten a dress for it today, i am amazed at how many people say i have inspired them to loose weight because of how well and good i look, i have lost 7st 8.5lb since january this year.. .. note to self tissues in bag lmao

Best of luck to you, biggest tip I can give you is to speak from the heart. They are looking for someone who is an inspiration to other members and people thinking of joining. They like to see before clothes, and don't refer to sw as a diet.

Have you done your board yet? Some people's were amazing, both in the content and how much love had been put into making them.

Best of luck, don't be nervous, I felt quite relaxed, it felt a little like being at group.

You are an inspiration! Your weight loss is amazing, I think you will do very well:)

caramumofmany said:
ps do you think this is too dressy or ok?
considering in january i walked into slimming world hanging out of size 26 trousers that fact that i am in a slinky size 12 number is amazing!!

I think you look lovely! Most people went dressed as though they were going for a meal out somewhere nice. I felt a little underdressed! most ladies were in dresses. The lady who won had a similar size change to you!

That is truly amazing! I bet you feel fabulous in that beautiful dress:) x

yup my consultant said i should bring my fat trousers .. and she is making my board i think she was doing it this weekend i guess i will see that on wednesday at group.. she also had said speak from the heart and i could nothing but... i was told to be very honest and be very open.. to wear something smart but be comfortable and look gorgeous, my consultant is a new consultant and its her first year at the awards so she is super excited that one of her group has gone through, i just hope i can do them proud, my journey has been a very emotional one, especially with my mum passing away in june. she was my rock she use to call me after weigh in every week

Best of luck to you, you will look amazing in the dress.

You will enjoy the day, they really make everyone feel special.

Your consultant sounds lovely, mine had never been either and she was excited too. She was telling me that she'd got her ticket for the final in november, the finals just look and sound fabulous!

I'm sorry to hear about your mum, it must have been a very difficult time. X

LindseyandMatthew said:
I am really nervous about the district finals, I don't think I will get anywhere but sooooo nervous lol. Love that dress caramumofmany :D

You will be fine! And remember it's not just about weight loss. Good luck, and don't be nervous, it's honestly not as scary as you will be imagining.

no not about weightloss at all, its about being inspiring to others, i thin inspiration is a big part of weightloss, and i beginning to notice just how much with the comments i have been getting from others and they amount of people i have inspired to join both in my home town and all round the uk to join the slimming world train

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back