30 Day Shred on LL?

I'm on Day 9 (Level 1 although I do feel ready for Level 2 even if I know I'll have a world of pain doing the walking push-ups and plank jacks!)

One thing though - I seem to have pulled my dorsal muscles...and I think it's from the lower abs work - I think she should have mentioned some people needing lower back support on crunches (and she doesn't mention at all or even show Anita's modification until you're well into the bicycle crunches)...I must have either had bad form or pulled something getting up and down. They don't hurt during any other exercise but they twinge badly in the abs work - I am not sure that the abs in level one are sensible as there's no back release or supermans to counter them...I may have to just do light cardio in the abs set until my back gets better and then just do simple crunches as I have never had a back problem in my life and don't want to start now!

However, I have loved my 9 days so far...I feel TINY in comparison to last week and the 25 mins passes so quickly - I'm SSing (Sorry - whatever you guys call complete abstinence these days - keep forgetting this is in the LL forum!) now and no sweat (well obv, some actual sweat, but I'm not dizzy or tired or anything like that) I'm on 3lb weights which are too easy for everything except the presses and the anterior raises but I don't really want to buy more gym clutter for the home especially as I definitely won't be up to 5lb weights on level 2!

But I am a shredhead through and through - although ask me that on Monday when I'm crying into my mat during circuit one of level 2!

Oooh - also all the fat on my bum appears to have just disappeared. What's not to like about that!!!

DRUM ROLL.......day 1 done!!!!!!!!!! took me good 10 mins to get it to play in dvd , think may need new player. worked up sweat which was good and really enjoyed it! also took measurements before starting

Well Done Shreddies!! :):)

Give all the exercises a go Sarah - you will be surprised how quickly you progress and the ones that get you are not always the ones you think look hard!!

I hardly notice the weight of the dumbells when doing jumping jacks - which was the move that most scared me when I watched Level 3 before starting.

You will be shocked at your inche loss Tracy - very motivating.
I'm loving the results and the workout too!!

Day 3 Level 3 Shredded today - I think I started glowing a little later today and did a few more reps of the harder exercises.

I don't think my lower back will ever cope with the impact of the rock-star jumps on a hard floor, so have been running in place with high knees as per level 2 instead.

Happy Shredding xx

Day 2 , alarm was set for 5.45am to get up and do my shread before work.....spent another 10mins trying to get bloody dvd player to play it, gave up in the end as wouldnt work :( but day 2 will happen tomorrow as been to Asda on way into office and bought new DVD player! x

tracyd said:
Day 2 , alarm was set for 5.45am to get up and do my shread before work.....spent another 10mins trying to get bloody dvd player to play it, gave up in the end as wouldnt work :( but day 2 will happen tomorrow as been to Asda on way into office and bought new DVD player! x

How frustrating when you were so organised!!

Good plan getting the new player - you are ready to Shred!! xx

Day 4 Level 3 Shredded - it is getting a little easier - I actually think some of the Level 2 moves are harder for me.

Thinking of ordering one of her other DVD's to do at weekends when I have more time - and continue to Shred on work days. xx

The thought of level 3 scares me silly lol! Did my first day of level 2 yesterday - boy oh boy! All that twisting and jumping was hard work - have achy muscles that I didn't know I even had today :s Love it though!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

UmmZakaria said:
The thought of level 3 scares me silly lol! Did my first day of level 2 yesterday - boy oh boy! All that twisting and jumping was hard work - have achy muscles that I didn't know I even had today :s Love it though!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think the step up from level one to two is bigger than from two to three!!

So you are doing really well. I thought it would take me more than ten days to master level two but I was ready to move up after just ten. Xx

First day of Day 2.

Plank jacks are not as terrifying as they look. Plank twists - not too bad...walk out push up - only missed the last in each set...squat thrusts - a bit tough on a polished laminate floor! The shoulders were tough. I was pleasantly surprised but just he right amount of challenged - I certainly feel like I can perfect this level more than I could ever do with level 1 because 10 days is not enough to take a complete beginner from 0 pushups to 2 sets of 16...

I'm much sweatier. You didn't need to know that - have I shared too much? ;)

well new dvd player bought, all set up and ready for my shred at 5/30am tomorrow......na night all x

well day 2 done! was up at 5.30, really enjoyed it and 2lbs lighter on scales so im feeling good! Hope everyone is well x

I didnt think it was possible - but I can now do 4 full press ups!! :happy036::happy036:

Ok, so its only 4 at the moment - they lack style and come with dodgy sound effects - but I have never even done one full press up in my life before!!! xx
:happy036::happy036::happy036:

Day 5 Level 3 Shredded!!

ooh Hannah get you! well done my lovely x

Day 3 not done yet! morning didnt go as planned :( but hope to do it before bed tonight x

Three Shreds left to do then I will take my measurements again.

My 6 week to six pack DVD arrived today!!

Just watched it - think I will need an ambulance on standby when I tackle it!!

Makes the Shred look like baby steps!!

What have I started here?!?! xx

Day 5 and 6 of Level 2 of the shred (So that's 15 and 16 - all fully consecutive!)

Day 15 was where Level 2 felt right - I'm almost entiredly getting the whole thing and making stabs at the full versions of everything for most of the sets.

Day 16 was where it got easy - my dorsals have stopped hurting and I can get some real power into my jumping jacks and plank jacks. I feel so much stronger - The only bits where it's hard is where I'm pushing myself to do the full move perfectly. I'm even starting to look forward to level 3. Yeah.

Day 5 and 6 of Level 2 of the shred (So that's 15 and 16 - all fully consecutive!)

Day 15 was where Level 2 felt right - I'm almost entiredly getting the whole thing and making stabs at the full versions of everything for most of the sets.

Day 16 was where it got easy - my dorsals have stopped hurting and I can get some real power into my jumping jacks and plank jacks. I feel so much stronger - The only bits where it's hard is where I'm pushing myself to do the full move perfectly. I'm even starting to look forward to level 3. Yeah.

Its just amazing how quickly our fitness levels increase!!

Well done - and enjoy!! :):) xx

Back