Becky's EE 2 Stone to lose Diary

I think if you're not hungry then you're definitely eating enough, even if the calories are on the low side. I really hope you lose weight on Wednesday because you really are trying so hard. It's strange because I have always struggled to lose weight on diets but with sw I have lost it quite easily, but I think I might have a bit of an intolerance to bread and potatoes as I always used to feel bloated after eating them and since starting the plan don't really eat either and my stomach is flatter and the weight has come off. Could just be coincidence of course lol!! Keep going, Wednesday isn't far away and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Thought I'd mention the thyroid thing as it does obviously stop people losing weight but you'd probably have other symptoms too like feeling the cold, light headedness etc...and like you said if you had blood tests when you were preggers I am sure it would've been picked up xx

Thanks Josie! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you too! xx

I am so glad that SW is working for you, it's working for me too as I feel very full, once I've sorted out my portions I'm sure I'll do well!!

I started the day with a lovely lie in, 8am on a Sunday is a rarety in my house, it's usually 6am and I start the day being grumpy with my little one!! But not today, it was all praise for the lazy boy he he!!

Work was 9-1 today, the boss had a cob on her, I found it very amusing as she was getting more and more wound up as the day went on, I'm guessing it was * week!

Then I got home to organise some things I'd sold on Ebay (another £44 towards our summer holiday whoop!!) I've got a car boot coming up at the end of March, can't wait to get rid of loads of junk!!

Anyway, I digress!! I kind of got carried away in the afternoon, my son has borrowed Mario Party 8 off my friend and there's a game he's been playing the last few days. It's a bit like a board game, you roll the dice and have to do mini games etc... well I started it about 2.30 and completed it at 8!! It really was addictive and was the very first game I have ever completed so I was proud of myself, and better still it took my mind off food which was really good as Sunday is usually my worst day for snacking!!

So onto today's diary...

Sunday - Red Day

Breakfast

42g Weetabix Crunchy Bran (Hexb) with 175ml milk (part of Hexa)
1 glass NAS juice

Lunch

Lean bacon with tomatoes
2 slices toast (Hexb and 2 syns)
2 mini eggs (1.5 syns)
Lolly pop (2 syns)
500ml bottle Diet Coke

Dinner

Homemade beef, spinach and tomato curried soup
6 mini eggs (4.5 syns)
2 glasses NAS squash

I've got my son off today as his school has teacher training so we're just having a lazy day! But the trouble with lazy days is that temptation is always there lol!!

I'm getting a bit bored of updating my food on here so think I'll just do a diary and mention food briefly from now on, after all I am in the Weight loss diaries and not the Food Diaries section lol!

So today is a Red day as I have ham in which needs eating and a lamb curry defrosting at the moment. I'm finding mixing days is better on the purse strings as you can decided what day you're doing depending on what you've got in and also pick up whatever is on offer in the supermarkets then planning days around that. When I did all red weeks my food shopping bill was something silly!! xx

Last edited:
How nice to get an extra day off! Jealous! X

Pleased you're still doing well and its looking hopeful for Wednesday by the sounds of it. I messed up today again, ate a huge amount of chocolate. Hoping to redeem myself tomorrow!! Need a loss on Wednesday, can't cope with a third week of staying the same (even thought it is my fault)!!!

Lol Josie! I just posted on your diary! xx

So this afternoon went soooooooooooo wrong!! Ate way too many syns, so many that I stopped counting!! When I woke up this morning I just knew it was going to be a bad day! I was craving sweet stuff like mad! I tried having fruit and yogurt but in the end only chocolate would do! Now I've got it all out of my system I feel so much better and will carry on tomorrow as normal.

Today was a bad day, but this week is not going to be a bad week!!

Thanks Jules!

Well I woke up today and OMG my tummy is doing somersaults! It obviously did not appreciate all the rubbish I fed it yesterday! Don't want to be graphic about things but if I say I'm feeling very empty you'll probably catch my drift!

Not sure what day today will be as all I've had is 1 weetabix with milk and a slice of toast, feel like I'm suffering from a sugar hangover!! Anyone else ever experienced this??

We will have to wait and see what the scales say tomorrow and see if I've done any damage! I weighed myself on Monday morning and I was only down half a pound! But maybe I've even ruined that little loss now!! ARGH!!

But in better news I am wearing jeans today which were my 'must get into again' jeans when I was bigger, and now they're baggy and I really need a belt on them!! I think before I had my son I didn't have as much weight on my belly and boobs as I do now, so even though I'm 11lbs heavier than I was at my lightest it's as if the extra weight is in other areas as the jeans I was wearing at 9st 10lbs are too big for me at 10st 7lbs! I guess having babies does change your body shape!! xx

Good luck with your wi today and for the rest of the week.
Don't worry about the binge, we all do it (some more than others-pointing to myself). I lost 2 pounds today so despite messing up lots over the last 3 weeks, the day I have been sticking to plan have now paid off. But then I still worry that my last 2 days over eating will make me gain some weight back. Have lost my mojo and not sure why, even though I have set 9 stone as a target I think I will be more than happy with 9 stone 7 and I am so close but can't seem to get myself on track again :(

Well the scales showed a 0.5lb loss this morning so better than nothing!! But at least I have achieved my first mini goal and I'm so happy to finally get down to 10st 7lbs.

When I was in the 13 stones my dream was to be 10st 7lbs. I knew that that's the weight where I start feeling happy about my body. And that's so true!

Today I went shopping and bought a pair of size 12 shorts for summer. They're longish shorts just above the knee but I was really happy with how my legs were looking. My knees have gone nobbly now, I've finally shifted the stubborn lump of fat just above the knee cap which had refused to go!!

My reason for wanting to lose more weight when I got my BMI under 25 was because I still didn't like my legs, but now I do yay!!

I still would like to get down to 9st 10lbs but to be honest it's not life or death! I'm going to keep sticking to plan and just keep losing the weight slowly (hopefully!) I guess that's the best thing about SW, you never actually come off the diet, you just continue!!

So today is going to be a Green day, 2 Weetabix for breakfast, pasta and salad for lunch and not sure about tea yet...

xx

Another Green day today, weetabix and milk for breakfast, apples and sugar free jelly with Mullerlight as snacks, Mugshot for dinner and roasted veg with pasta for tea yum!

I decided to walk to my mums today rather than catch the bus, it only takes 20 mins but you have to cross 3 busy roads which usually puts me off! Then I took another 20 min walk so I could have a look around Dunelm, then it was a 30 minute walk back home so loads of body Magic earned today!!

I forgot to mention... I'm having a mini challenge with myself... from now until weigh in next week I'm trying not to eat after 7pm at night. I always get the snack attacks when my little one has gone to bed so this should hopefully help with the weight loss fingers crossed!

I'm having a hot choccie now and then just water or diet drinks for the rest of the night. I did it for about 2 months ages ago and had good losses so think this will help me!

I just posted this in the weekly shopping thread... I can't be bothered to cook at the mo :0(

My weekly shopping is usually something like this...

Cupboard Stuff

Weetabix
Weetabix Crunchy Bran
Mug Shots Spicy
Pasta n sauce (macaroni, Cheese Leek & Ham, Cheese & Broc)
Pot Noodle in mug Curry
Bachelors rice (Chinese and Beef)
Low fat Super Noodles (chicken)
SF jelly sachets
WW Wholemeal bread
Sardines in tom sauce, tinned salmon, tinned tuna
(beans, toms, sweetcorn, mushy peas, pasta, rice, egg noodles etc)

Fridge Stuff

Romaine lettuce (lasts over a week!), toms, Cucumber, mushrooms
Mullerlight
Reduced fat cheese
Very light spread
Garlic and herb light dressing, tom puree, soy sauce

Freezer

Cauli, carrots, sliced green beans, sweetcorn
Iceland beef in gravy
Bacon
Quorn sausages

Fruit

Apples
Blueberries
Oranges
(I've limited my fruit as I was eating too much of it!!)

Drinks

NAS squash
Pepsi Max

Syns

Mini eggs (1.5 syns for 2)
Hot choc sachets (2 syns)
(trying not to get crisps in at the mo!)

As you can see I'm a bit of a convenience queen!!

First day of 'not eating after 7pm' went very well! I had a few moments where I thought oh I'll have a Mullerlight, or I'll have some mini eggs cause I'd only used 4.5 syns yesterday, but it was all just grazing as I wasn't really hungry and having the rule in place meant that my mind was made up yay!!

So yesterday I secured my voluntry work experience at Dylan's school. I got my degree in English Literature in 2007 but have done nothing with it! So I'm hoping that the work experience may lead to something or set my mind straight as to where I want to go in life!! So every Monday I am going to be in the Reception class, primarily to listen to readers, but last time I went in I was also helping with craft and baking, it was so much fun!!

Anyway, today I went to Sainsbury's and thought I'd pick up some 'smart' clothes to wear in school. I got a white blouse which ties at the back reduced from £7 to £1.80! A little grey/pink cardi with some pretty roses on the shoulder to go over blouse reduced from £14 to £4.80! And a few cotton plain long sleeve jerseys one reduced from £5 to £1.50 and the other full price at £4. I also got a pair of fitted boot cut jeans for £14, so all in all I think I got some bargains!! The £4 top was a size 10 and the others were size 12 yay!!

So today it's going to be another Green day, I had weetabix for breakfast with some sugar free jelly and a few spoonfuls of Mullerlight on top afterwards. Lunch is cooking now. going to do the pitta bread pizza with roasted peppers and onions, a green salad, and tom puree, LF cheese and sliced tomatoes on the pizza yum!! Not sure about tea yet, Dylan's little friend is coming round for tea and to play on the Wii so it might be something quick like a Mug shot!

xx

I like your idea of not eating past a certain time. The past couple of days I have found myself grazing after dinner, which I never normally do, but it was more because I hadn't had my HEB or hadn't used any syns rather than actual hunger. I need to nip that in the bud pretty sharpish I think or my body will come to accept it. Think I need to get cleverer at using syns through the day and not saving them all up in case I need a treat later on!! x

Hi Becky!

Your new size 12 clothes sound lovely! A new smart outfit makes you feel loads better at work I find.

Ooh how lovely that you're going to be in a primary school. Despite my occasional moaning I love working in a school. There is nothing like happy wee kids to make you feel young and silly again! I would much rather work with kids than adults any day! I am (usually) super happy at the end of a school week which is odd because by Sunday I'm glum about going back to school and it's always fine by about 9.20am on a Monday! Silly me!

Primary schools are lovely though, every time I have been in to visit them for the day (we had to a lot on our PGCE for some reason) the kids are very nice to visitors and want to know everything about you! A lot cuter than the wee rascals I teach but you do have to be quite patient!!!

Have fun playing wii with the little'uns tonight!!! xxxxx

Back