christmas countdown buddies needed !!

Hi Shelly ... Have been on Atkins since May and lost over 4st... Lol .... I'm ashamed to say! :)

Ok this seems to be the way ahead.... Admit in print and stick to it! I'm 72.4kg not sure in stones want to get down eventually to 65kg :)

Thanks Shelly and 4 ... Just ashamed I let myself get that bad ... But hey ho ... onwards and downwards :)

Hi Di - just think how we are all getting on with it though! Go girl:). My turn to cheerlead:D

I am 75kg, lowest I got was 72.3 and want to get to 9st/60kg by February. At least in the 9's by feb 14 and I'll be happy. I started LL at 95kg/15st. Def don't want to be back there. I have to say managing how your body handles food after s vlcd is tough. You can so easily pile it all back on! Here is to a skinny christmas everyone!! x

woo day three. feeling it today. headaches , tired, weeing like someones left a tap on, yucky taste in mouth , and to make it worse.... TOTM just arrived a week early! :(

but still on track and been a good girl. have been fooling my sweet cravings with dr pepper zero. silly body. haha

Last edited:
Day two, doing ok cut down my coffee and cream but just had a spoon of peanut butter as I'm waiting for tea to cook and I'm starving :

Ok people heres the list everyone is welcome to join and update so good luck everyone and heres to a slimmer crimbo for all of us x x x x
20lbs off for crimbo Shelly start weight 185 lbs
20lbs off for crimbo Superslim
20lbs off for crimbo Beth3107 start weight 224lbs
20lbs off for crimbo Ellio
20lbs off for crimbo Marian H
14lbs off for crimbo Teeny start weight 72.4kg
20lbs off for crimbo Cornishpixie Start weight 75kg
20lbs off for crimbo 4isnotenough
10bs off for crimbo Alpaca

Love it! 3.5lbs a week should do it between now and then? How long until Santa arrives, is it 6 weeks? x

5.5 weeks to Christmas! :)

4lbs a week it is! Lord this year is flying, I feel like I have been in a bubble the last 3 months with work, but now the show is over I've surfaced back into the world!

Also, menu for today:
Just had breakfast of isolate protein shake made with 250nl unsweetened soya milk and 1tbsp of double cream. And three egg whites and a handful of spinach.

Lunch: broccoli/Stilton soup

Dinner: steamed fish, spinach and a shake

Water: 4ltrs
Exercise: 60 minutes gym time - first night back in a fortnight - this will be painful :s

Good girl Cornish pixie x I've hardly had anything I forgot to take my lunch to college and it was all carb high food in the canteen so I gave it the big swerve ! I've lost my appitite a bit aswell as I wasn't that hungry wen I got home and had to force some chicken curry down me !! Metal taste is stiill here I forgot how long it lasts for ! But it doesn't bother me cozi know it's the sweet sweet taste of ketosis burning all my fat away ha ha

i need some help ladies....i havent fallen off the wagon, i did however step on the scales and this morning they glared 79kg at me, and that is a morning weigh in. I am absolutely devastated and freaking out. I think my body is just absorbing all the fat from this diet, since LL my body has reacted so differently to food, it stores absolutely everything and you have to work 10 times harder to lose any weight using food. i'm still commited to losing all the weight but it just feels so unfair that the only way it seems to do that is through LL and literally starving myself. Maybe i need to go back on LL and finish what I started before this carries on, or give it another week on atkins and see what happens. Admittedly last week when we were onsite was a nightmare, out drinking every day, cakes, biscuits etc, it wouldnt surprising me if that put on the 4kg but I am seriously on the edge of losing it....sorry for hte rant! I stopped LL in may at 72kg and had to maintain my size to be a bridesmaid in september, but i want the rest off now and i am getting so frustrated the scales are only going up!! Any advice, tips, or pep talk would be so appreciated - sorry about the hug post - trying not to cry :( best go get that protein shake for breakkie! xx

Cornish .... Huge HUGS

When did you come off LL? Maybe it's the glycogen thing going on in your liver because you're eating food? I would imagine the bulk of the food weighs more than the shakes initially but then once you stick to the fat burning Atkins foods your weight will go down. I did exante and found initially my weight went up too by quite an alarming amount. Stick at it girl, just think That long term this is a great way of life without having to count points or calories.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

it was back in June i came off as my blood pressure dropped so low and I had onset of anaemia. I started it because my IBS was rediculous and no matter what i ate, it set off the symptoms so i started LL to clear my system and the weightloss became amazing. I didnt want to come off it until july but ended up off LL by beginning of June i think it was. As i was a BM to my sister I had to maintain the same measurements which was great as I have managed to keep it off within a 1 stone range. My weight does fluctuate but i am still as committed to the goal of 9st now as I was back in february. I'm just really frustrated that I dont have the ability to get back in to LL as it was amazing when your on it, but its just so unsociable. My diet was predominantly low carb before LL but the weight never shifted. So now i am petrified that its all going to pile back on regardless of what way of eating I follow. i am literally obsessed with food and calories and exercise, and probably will be until i reach my goal but i guess its more frustration than anything as I feel a bit like i am battling against my body! I hope that all doesnt make me sound too much like a crazy person! if i can be 70kg by christmas i will be so rediculously happy, the 70's are killing me as i've been here since June!! Thanks for the hug too, it definitely helps!! Roll on the weekend xxx

Also, menu for today:
Just had breakfast of isolate protein shake made with 250nl unsweetened soya milk and 1tbsp of double cream. And three egg whites and a handful of spinach.

Lunch: broccoli/Stilton soup

Dinner: steamed fish, spinach and a shake

Water: 4ltrs
Exercise: 60 minutes gym time - first night back in a fortnight - this will be painful :s

is this a typical menu?

the soya milk will contain between 3-5g carbs per serving x2 so thats beteen 6-10

perhaps its stalling you, if the shakes are important to u perhaps u could try the atkins brand of shakes available online and in boots. there quite pleasant and were a life saver for me last time when getting ready for work in a rush

also try not having cream for 2 weeks, it stalls alot of people

as does cheese
try cutting this out for 2 weeks and see if it makes a difference

i would suggest eating more fat if you can. it is very important to the diet!

also is the soup home made or shop bought, hat else is in it?

i really think u should try 2 weeks of lean and green for a strict induction

and lots and lots and lots of water

Last edited:
Back