christmas countdown buddies needed !!

thanks so much for your reply, i promise i am not this whingey lol! just had a morning freak out. I think your right, clean and lean. am going to go throw all the cheese and cream and things in the bin. I htink i need to get my fats from other sources as I think using cheese and salami etc is just adding to the problem and giving me too much sat fat as opposed to good fats.

For me that is pretty much a typical menu. following LL i am very much a creature of habit and could easily live off the same menu day in day out if i know its going to shift the weight. I have been using an app which tells me how much carbs/cals/fat in all my food and it said the organic unsweetened soya was less than 2g of carbs per 250ml...maybe thats not the case. I'm happy to cut out the evening shake but the morning one fills me up. The water is fine as well, i can usually do that most days.

Could you suggest some more natural fats that wont stall me? I was thinking advacado, or mackeral for the omega 3 etc...

The soups i have been buying are the waitrose brocolli and stilton which are 5.7g carbs per 1/2 pot and about 120cals

Onwards and downwards from here...70kg by christmas....new mantra :) xxx

i think u should try an atkins shake, u just add water or can buy it reafy made. just to see if it makes a difference. im almost certain it might.

do u eat meat? as my obvious suggestions would be things like mince beef made into burgers , chillis etc . or a few LC sausages with your breakfast.

however if your a veggie , maybe try a tbsp of peanut butter , i think its ok to eat, check the carbs, i have a nut allergy so hve no clue but im sure ive heard it mentioned before.
make sure u cook your fish in butter. and cover your veggies in it.

i also eat babybels as a snack. but im ok with cheese as it has never stalled me.

good ideas there. i am a definite meat eater, but i love my fish. I bought some burgers which are in the freezer, so will go for that. just going to need to be smarter about this, and as you say knock the dairy on the head perhaps for a little bit. I'll take a look at the atkins shakes, good shout on those. I've been using salami etc to snack on, but i think that all needs cutting out and using butter, avacado and oilier fish to get what i need.

How about a menu as below?
Breakfast: egg white omlette made in butter with spinach and atkins shake
Lunch: soup (likely brocolli & stilton)
dinner: steamed white fish with spinach and salad greens
Snacks: 1/2 avacado and 1 tin of mackeral.
Water: as before, around 3-4 liters a day

How long have u been on atkins for Cornish ??? And is it totm ? Could this explain the gain. ??

Only about a week, I work in exhibitions and it was our event last week so was out onsite. Whilst I was low carb before hand being onsite took me off as there was no choice. Finding my feet now and the suggestions will def help kick things into gear. Unfortunately I wish totm, LL ruined my cycle and still waiting for it to be regular again. Had about 3 in the last 9 months since starting! Also back at the gym and loving it! X

Aww ull be fine just put it down to a blip and next week the scales should be a lot nicer x x remember to drink plenty of h2o x x

Cornish you will get there! Other ways to add more fat, butter butter and maybe some Mayo and olive oil. On non work days i manage to have scrambled eggs with a tablespoon of butter and a couple of Jimmys sausages. Could you make your own soup? Oh and try some pork scratchings :)
My problem is not getting enough veg throughout the day and only having a plate full of salad at night oh and cream in my coffee.....
Was naughty today and had a slice of fried bread with my morrisons brekkie, I justified it telling myself it was ok as it was drenched in oil, doh!
Are we going to have weigh-in days?

Ace idea, how about mid week? That's when we started the thread wasn't it? Or would Monday suit better as it's the start of the week? I think we should def x

Hi. Am i too late to join in? I've been attempting a SW restart but find it just gives me too much flexibility at the minute. Know that sounds daft. Got the Atkins book(got most diet books)so just need to remind myself of the basics. Never admitted it even to hubby but i weigh 15st 10lbs. There i said it!! Without sounding too needy i just feel like i need the support and a short term goal to get me started. Read your thread and you just all sound so friendly. Hope you dont mind if i join in. Pretty please x

Welcome samsmum! Absolutely more the merrier and at least you know now that you won't be saying 15st10 again. Onwards and downwards! The forum is a great support network, I have found it amazing. X

yeah lets have a monday morning weigh in so its easier to keep track of the weeks. cant wait to weigh myelf, have stayed away from the scals all week as last time i used to be obsessivr and stress myself out.

Hiya I'm happy to have midweek or Monday as weigh in day it's up to u x walcome Sam ull do great on this diet i have always stuggled with ww and slimming world coz of the sins and points it's always made me think I can have this today and be good tomorrow unfortunatly tomorrow never comes ha ha this is the best way of eating ever x good luck x x

Hi CP - recommend you use the whole egg not just the white - great source of nutrients:)
Good luck all!

Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to getting to know you all. Feeling quite excited x

Well done teeny! where does everyone live? Im in central London, anyone else near by? Just been chrimbo shopping whilst I have a chance and got a yummy coffee from Starbucks, a decaff anericano w. Sugar free vanilla and hazelnut syrup and pouring cream! Low carb and yum! x

I'm in Lincolnshire. Bit too far to pop round for a coffee! Just done a bit more shopping myself. Love Christmas but it's flipping expensive. Just getting ready to go for hospital appointment. Fingers crossed i dont need another op. Been out of action nearly 4 months now and i'm climbing the walls :sigh:

im in brixham, torbay... in "sunny" south devon :)

Thanks Cornish :) second the Starbucks treat, usually filter for me though.
I'm in Ipswich, not long moved from Yorkshire.
Menu for today:
Breakfast- flax porridge with a handful of raspberries and a coffee
Lunch- wasnt hungry but had pork scratchings and chicken liver pate
Dinner- fillet steak, mixed greens veg, mushrooms with a bit of blue cheese

Totally starving now though :-(
Hope everyone has had a good day xx

Need an MRI in two or three weeks so want to get as much weight off as i can before then. Dont want to get stuck do i??

Back