Diary of a yo yo dieter!

Oh hahaha I must have read it wrong!!!!

No worries, Felix. Imagine if your CDC was like that, you'd feel like you had to have full make up and hair done for a w/i!

My body thinks 13st is so cosy it wants to stay there. Just hoping for Tuesdays weigh in to be out of the 13st range!
Fingers crossed but that's 2.3lbs in 2 days, v unlikely. Drat!

Ugh...had a load of chicken when my family had roast chicken. It's just chicken, right, I fooled myself into thinking. No spuds, no carrots etc...but still.

CHICKEN.

What a self-destructive thing to do as my W/I is tomorrow...aw well, here are what the triggers were for me:

1. A very awkward conversation with someone from the past that made me feel worried, vulnerable and anxious.
2. The smell in the house; I should've gone upstairs with my warm chocolate drink.
3. Rowing with my hubby over doing my daughter's DUMB project. He's out of town 4 days this week and said he'd get it done and all he's done is print a load of stuff she can't read herself off the internet. Now it's up to me to help her read it, write it in her own words and make the poster. DUMB TEACHER WITH HER DUMB PROJECTS that moms and dads have to do. Typical teacher with no kids herself. (P.S. I'm a teacher too so I know what i'm saying!)
5. Frustration at Day 6 at same weight...I'd lose more on WW or something else and not be so ornery.

Bleh!

Thanks, shanny. Not feeling strong!

Down 1.5lbs this week. Ugh...was hoping for a bit more but what ya gonna do?

That's an avg of 4.6lbs/week or 2kg. At that rate, I'll be down to 73kg/161lbs/11st 7lbs by Christmas week. Nothing to laugh at though I'm not sure I can keep that average up!!

Well...all I have to say is salami and cheese.

I'm drawing a line.......this is me drawing a line.

So, I'm fairly confident I can get down another stone by xmas! Can't wait. Tried on a size 14 MEXX dress I wore in Feb 2008 and I wasn't able to close it (it's like a snap shirt dress) so it's something to aim to fit into. Still in 16s, clearly.

100% so far today. Feeling fairly committed. Had my chocolate tetra and 2L of water so far, 3 coffees and some extra hot water.

Will have a soup later tonight and that's it! Ta-da!

Again my husb is gone for 3 days/nights this week so I'm going to have to be creative about the kids dinners. I'm okay with the lunches as I make them the day before so that's fine. I'll bring them out for something to eat on Friday so I don't have to cook dinner. The last time he was gone for 3 days/nights, I made it until about 2 hrs before he returned and cheated while making them dinner.

So, the plan is pork chops tonight, tuna pasta tomorrow and out to dinner on Friday! Let's hope this works.

Another issue is that even though I've convinced myself that I am exercising, I'm not. I've not done one walk, work out or whatever. I think that I will do it and then I don't do it. What's wrong with me??
So annoyed at myself as I think this would really speed things along but I'm not doing it! Grrr...

-20lbs as of this morning! Hoooray!

Lost a stone and half (21lbs exactly) in 4.5 weeks! Yay!

Also under the 13st mark (okay only by 1lbs but every lb counts)...

Is my diary really boring or something? No one seems to read it!

:(

Thanks, shanny! It's nice to know someone out there reading! How're you getting on yourself?

How's your ahem blockage? 810 seems doable...why are you considering not doing it?

My hubs taken my daughter to drama and then he'll do the shopping with son too. So home alone!

I've got an appt booked for gel nails refill and eyebrow threading at 4pm today and nothing else planned. I should probably do a bit of laundry and housework but my throat is still sore and I'm just TIRED!

So, I'll stay in bed. Still no telly as the UPC guy called yesterday and said he was 30min away. I was annoyed because if he'd phoned in the morning, I would've been home but I was about 1hr away and he wouldn't wait. Bugger. So he said he'd have to put us back on the waiting list for an installation which means no xfactor again this week :(

Anyway, I collected my son from a friends birthday party and the mum of the birthday boy was asking all about how I lost weight, how much etc. I've been very vague and just said watching what I ate, low carbs. It was nice for someone to notice. People at work have noticed, but they're fairly discrete and probably wouldn't comment unless it was a very noticeable amount. Also, if you see someone daily you tend not to notice where if you see them less often, the weight loss is more noticeable.

I had my cold strawb shake this morning, coffee and working through my 1st L of water. I think I'll pick up some aquaban in town today as I feel really bloated. Though I dont get TOTM anymore, I do get some symptoms as I still have my ovaries.

I am only 4lbs away from the November stone challenge so I'm sure I can do that in the next 11 days until Nov 30. Then onto the next stone for December which would be:

Now: Nov 20: 12st 12.6lbs
Nov 30: 12st 8.6lbs (-4 more lbs/11 days)
Dec 31: 11st 8.6lbs HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE?

I still think of weight in kg as that's the scale I have so 11st 8.6lbs is 162.6lbs or 73.75kg. Looking back, that's the weight I was when I went in for surgery (the one that I nearly died from) in March 2008. My weight in teh months after the surgery fell to 65kg or 10st 3lbs but it was really sickly looking as I was so sick.

Anyway, I'm goign to get off here and rest, read my book and maybe chillax.. Must set an alarm to get up at 2.45 adn have a shower and get dressed. My hairdresser (who is also a friend) hasn't seen me since I lost any weight so I must wear something small to impress her! :)

I just read this thread and I would like to say congratulations on having come so far, so soon. You are making amazing progress. Good luck with losing the rest xx

Hello! Don't worry, I read I just hate posting from my ipod haha.

Hope you are well :) And that would be so good if you got those 4lb off for the November challenge!!!! I think I'll have to take part in the December one :D

Gutted you can't watch x factor! Do you have a laptop you can watch it on?

Felix
Ended up watching it with all our kids at a friends but it's not the same when there are 6 kids all commenting and making noise!

Down to 81.7kg/180.1lbs/12st 12.1lb today. Was really hoping to get out of the 180s today but it didnt' happen. My weigh in with CDC is on Monday (she's away on Tuesday weigh in day) but I don't use her scales anyway as my 'official' weight.

Drank over 4L yesterday as was so blocked up but it doesn't seem to have helped much... hoping to get to this weeks goal of 81kg/178.6lbs/12 st 10.6lbs so that's another .7kg/1.5lbs in two days...not sure it can be done but I'll give it my best shot!

Uh oh, I feel some clearage on the way!

Clearage clear. If I can make it through CD without the assistance of a plumber, I'll be impressed!

oh galway! your diary is great. can i ask how you cleared the blockage? I am having real problems this time round and do not want to take laxatives and cant find the fibre sure stuff that tesco used to do anywhere. i get it really bad and it builds up so i end up having tummy ache and feeling sick. any advice?

in other news, it must be SO great to be int he 12 stone bracket! you have done amazing girl. i always fail the challenges, always, but gonna join one today as need to get to goal!

Back