diary of angie-bum, first time mum

ow!
contractions have kicked off big time, roughly a minute long every 7 minutes. have been trying to use my tens in my sleep. have given up trying to sleep. wish i had slept when had the chance earlier.

so glad i brought my tens! they wouldnt let me fill my small hotwater bottles, because of health and safety risk. so hubby and i went back to his work van in the car park. ad we used the camping stove and kettle! i then smuggled toasty hotwater bottles back in my shoulderbag =)

unfortunately that was hours ago ... so it will have to be full pelt tens machine for the time being

the night staff mw don't seem bothered by this but have given me paracetamol at my request. think i may be sitting up all night as lying down just hurts more

anyway, i would say things are happening

Yay! Remember to relax and feel the peak after which you know it'll ease then, hope all picks up time wise too. sooo exciting! will be my turn to sleep soon (DH is in bed at moment) so will check back in the morning. Hope it goes well. x

no news is good news i hope...

hi jane! have been having contractions all night...mainly around the back but also under bump. have had a little sleep. pessry comes out at 11am... will need to talk to staff re what happns next, as mw assumed i would go straight on drip even if i am in labour. i want to know whthr they would try to break membranes first.
will try and dose in a bit =)

Everything crossed for you Angie :)

Progress report
I had contra ted 3cm in the night. They were able to break the waters with me having gas n air. The was quiite a lot of water, and baby had poohed a little in the womb. So they are going to have a paedtrition on hand. I am going to stay in some of Xmas day at this rate.
Then I had back to back vicious cOntractions. So offered and accepted epidural. Bliss

Ahhh hopefully not long now Angie, sounds like you're making progress. :D xxx

Hope you're OK. Looking forward to reading more updates. xxx

Ooh could well be over with now hun, hope so as you'll need your rest. Glad the epidural worked though ((hugs))

Baby came into the world on 24th Dec at 11.57pm
She came into the world with a good set of lungs and full head of hair. She was ultra alert.

She weighs just over 9 lbs and did have lots of fluid around her, which was stopping her engaging.
I lost 800ml blood & had 2 degree tear. Ouch.
Am exhausted but happy. Still on mat ward as they didn't want walking about while hb is low.

My baby is beautiful. All is good!

Last edited:
Yay!! Congratulations Angie on the birth of Katia!! :D Great news to see that all your hard work for the past couple of days has given you your little daughter. Congratulations again hunni xxxx :)

Huge congratulations!
Hope meds help with the tear and your bloods recover well ((hugs))
Welcome to the world baby Katia! You were keen to be a christmas EVE baby rather than a christmas day eh! lol

Can't wait to see pics, hope you get home today but if not then tomorrow ((hugs))

CONGRATULATIONS!! sorry i only just saw this. am in denmark and this is my first chance to come and check. katia obviously wanted to have her own day rather than christmas day and she just made it :D so chuffed for you and your OH :D

abz xx

Massive congratulations Angie!

Katia is a beautiful name, and im sure your baby is just as stunning!

Cant wait to see piccies, hope you are recovering already

xxxxxx

Back