General: Week starting Mon 31st July

OMG Barb you very naughty girl!
Of course I jest! I'm Mrs Cheat so never one to preach but I've learnt my lesson the hard way in that if I hadn't ever cheated I'd now be at goal! instead it'll be months before I get near!
Don't feel ashamed....done that so many time too! just pick yourself up and start over washing all the stuff away with a few extra litres of water!
Oh and have a look at Diva's thread Bring your Head Inside and your Body will Follow she knows what shes talking about!
Have a great day.
Kam xx

Morning All

KAM: Of course you should include your whole weight loss....you have done incredibly well. I have lost 4 stone as well and I am beaming and you should be too. Glad you had a talk with DH about things, and glad you realised how much he loves you. How could he not! your a wonderful person.
And just think in another 2lbs or so your ticker will be half way and then your on the home straight - it doesnt matter how long it takes, or that you may take longer than others - but you will get there. And when you do the sense of achievement will be incredible. Keep going dancing buddy we are behind you 100%

Everyone else: I'm doing ok. Seeing my DH on Friday. Only seen him 1 a month now (or twice if I am really lucky) which is a bit miserable really....but cant complain at least I know I have a lovely, scumptious husband who loves me albeit at the other end of the country or other side of the world as it will be after xmas. He has three weeks leave coming up so I am looking forward to that.

He hasnt seen me for a while so hoping he will notice some weight loss.

I tried the new Peanut bar and the new Cranberry bar....I know I was naughty. I had half of each, but then last night couldnt resist the other half. So instead of 1 bar and 3 packs I had two bars and 2 packs. I have never done that before, but hey if thats the naughtiest thing back on the diet I'm happy with it. BE WARNED - they are lovely. I shall have to ration my order of them

<< note to lovely CDC Isobel - hide your stocks of them LOL
>>

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

love

Morning everyone!

Kam - You're absolutely right to adjust your ticker: recognise your fantastic achievement so far - stepping back and seeing how far we've come since our HEAVIEST (not just when we started the CD leg of our journeys) lets us see just how far we've come.
Just focussing on the CD bit doesn't do us justice. It's like going to Majorca by plane and then completing the journey to the hotel by coach ... we wouldn't discount the first part of the trip now would we? No - we'd remember every miserable minute of the flight on EasyJet and congratulate ourselves for managing to get through it!! ;)
Thanks for posting those Birmingham photos. It was really wonderful looking through them again: I had such a smile on my face reminiscing (OMG Mr Sleazy!!! lol) and I can only say to those who didn't go last time .... if you can manage to come along to the next meet in November then PLEASE COME because it was a fantastic experience and made being a part of this group even more special than it already was.
And Kam - you're kids are absolutely gorgeous: you're so right when you say you're blessed :)

Barb - A blip ... no biggie. Just get back to your healthy eating, drink plenty of H2O to clear your system and focus on moving forward. You've done so well so far so don't let one evening of letting your hair down spoil what you've achieved up til now.

Victoria - Looking back at the Birmingham piccies and seeing your avatar pic, I've noticed that you've lost HEAPS more weight since then. You're cooking on gas girl!

My plans for today are pretty mundane to say the least. My youngest daughter's friend from Yorkshire is coming to stay for a week on the 12th and unless she plans to hang from DD's bedroom ceiling bat-style to sleep, I'm going to have to clear out the bedroom. That means lots of black bin-bags and a trip to the charity shop with all the toys she doesn't play with. And I've got to be RUTHLESS this time ... No feeling sorry for the soft toys because they look sad about being given away! :eek:

Have a great day everyone!

Debbie x

"Hold on tight to your dream"

Kami I really like this adjusting ticker idea. I have set mine up based on my starting weight this time but I did lose 4 stone before and I only put 2 back so that should show on my ticker I reckon. I'll get right on it! Good advice Debbie, I'm knocking back the H2O even as I type, and I am not gonna be cross with myself anymore. I needed a silly night and apart from the hangover(OMG) it was well worth it. Also I was so busy drinking I hardly ate anything.LOL. Back on the wagon from now on though.

Morning all, just wanted to say thanks for all the support u have showm me.
Well after a good nights sleep,thanks to Nytol sleeping tabs, herbal of course i feel more positive today and am really looking forward to my first sw group 2morrow.

I think i have got my head round the idea now that vlcd is not the only way to loose weight and as i know from the past have lost 5 stone in 16 weeks so why not this time.
I have recently been doing an IT course and finished one course then decided to do the next level but got to the stage where i was finding it very hard to go out and mix with others as i was so embarassed about how i look and especially when it was in the 90`s and i was all covered up and every one else was in shorts made me feel like a freak even more, so i told the course thst i am taking a lng holiday and wont be back till september, thank god they allowed me and are reserving my place,the reason i am doing this course is that i am so desperate to start working and i feel that if i manage to lose this first 5 stone i will gain so much more confidence and with my new skills can look for a job come january.
So have just ordered all my shopping online plenty of fresh fruit and veg all low gi, and am looking forward to stsrting loosing some weight,at the moment my water retention is very bad so have started my water tabs as well today.
I def feel more positve and happier but am angry with myself for allowing myself to get in this situation, but at the end of the day i cant hold on to the past any more just be positve and move forward.
Take care, have a nice day

Good to see you posting a lot, Roch - that's a really good sign! I worry about you when you don't! lol

You go, girl!!!
love

Hi wemitts,

Kam excellent idea to change the ticker, you should be very proud of losing that 4st you acheived that so why not show the world! Your hubby sounds lovely, of course he loves you how could he not!
But it's nice to be reminded that we are loved even when we aren't loving ourselves isn't it? So happy that you are feeling positive again, and glad you got a good night sleep - it's amazing what a good snooze will do for us, lol xx

Victoria, you poor thing being away from your lovely hubby so much (((HUG))) mind you as a bonus do you get to see him in uniform? swoooon... *has a thing about men in uniform*
I bet he will be bowled over by the changes in your glamourous self! xx

lol @ Isobel eating all the cd bars haha - you may be joking but if I was a cdc I think I might just do something as silly as that - I'd be the only person in history to put on weight with cd! xx

Barb, lol what are you like eh! Oh well it's not the end of the world and you are back on the wagon again, hope you enjoyed the night - sounds like you had a blast. xx

Roch, sweetheart, I am glad you are looking at things positively, good on you for taking affirmative action (I'd also prefer to shop online so that I am not tempted by all the wonderful and wacky stuff in the supermarket) You will still be able to acheive good weight losses on the low gi diet , The main thing is to take care of your health - which you seem to have in hand.
I am very impressed by your resolve to do this new diet, I know what a downer it must have been to have been told you couldn't ss - but you have come through it like a trooper, in real wemitt style! What an inspiration! xx

Hope I haven't left anyone out hugs and kisses ♥ to all the wemitts and hope you all have a lovely day xx

Hi Mrs T - I have a thing for men in uniform too - I don't care if it's a shelf stacker in Asda but I do prefer coppers! lol

And I do have to be careful not to exceed 46 packs/bars a day! lol
love

Last edited:
:D @ shelf stackers in asda! I am partial to firemen myself! Or anything military *drools* but I wouldn't say no to a sexy copper in uniform either lol

xx

Hi all

Thanks Mrs T, I was feeling very lonely on the other thread, I forgot its going to be a new one each week now :confused: , now all I have to do is read everything I have missed...

The cranberry and peanut bars are scrumpty and the peanut particularly feels really naughty. Only got one of each and now regretting that, roll on Saturday for fresh supplies.

Got a surveyor coming round on Monday as I am moving my mortgage again so I will be out strimming the weeds and stingers to create a good impression this weekend and if it doesn't rain I might make a start when I get home - they are taller than me now (5 foot 1½inches) :eek: and I feel totally ashamed to admit it, but in my defence I did let them grow to stop the neighbours from cutting across my back garden and having a stickybeak through my windows.

Sorry for no personal responses, but I have to catch up on my reading

Hope everyone is good and happy and that the weight is dropping off.

mrs tweedy said:
:D @ shelf stackers in asda! I am partial to firemen myself! Or anything military *drools* but I wouldn't say no to a sexy copper in uniform either lol

xx

hahahah - it was wonderful recently when I was the victim of a mad woman who threatened me in the street and I had not one, but TWO gorgeous cops come round my house!!!

I could barely string a sentence together!! heheheheheheh

Still managed to flirt my bazookas off tho!

love

now who mentioned fireman....

to my shame I was late getting to a friends surprise birthday a few months ago and I passed by Epsom firestation and they had these drop dead gorgeous hunky fireman outside drumming up trade for a charity car wash - well I was late anyway.... You can imagine my UTTER disappointment when my car was washed by a load of 10 year old scouts - false advertising is all I can say....

Now I'm going to make you all jealous ....

The last full-time job I had (1992 - 94) was as an admin officer for the Defence Fire Service in Portsmouth Naval Base.

I was the only female in an office of six firemen ... and not just any old firemen but Army, Navy & Air-force firemen.

It was a laugh a minute for the first year or so (until the boss moved into prat mode and I ended up leaving) but whilst it was fun, it was a LOT of fun.

Have to say though ... if you're the sort of person who gets embarrassed easily then you'd be mortified working with firemen - they have a very 'alternative' sense of humour!

Debbie x

Sorry ladies men in uniform do nothing for me! Maybe having spent most of my working life in uniform has put me right off! Or was it having to give tetnus injections to 250 Marines that put me off! Know quite alot of firemen as with the Cubs we often go there on visits and sorry not a hunk amongst our local lot! But thinking about it I do quite like scrubs! ;)

Kam x

Never seen it.....but seen loads in the flesh over the years!!
Have to dig out my service photos loadds men in uniform for you to goggle at!

Kam x

P. S Got a nice one of some in Scout Uniform too!!!!LOL...mmm not quite the same hey!!

Back