getting back to target - one day at a time

Wednesday 20th Feb - EE

Breakfast - pineapple, apple, banana, mango and kiwi with yogurt
Lunch - mackerel salad
Tea - babybel burgers with homemade BBQ sauce (HEA and HEB) wedges and fried mushrooms, onions and toms
Snacks - chocolate orange tiffin (7.5 syns) something else for syns but not sure what yet, pear, rice pudding with mixed berries

Change of plan on the syns, might have a white chocolate lion bar for 10.5 syns.... also thinking of syn free pancakes with mixed berries if I fancy a snack later. Going to weigh the potatoes before I cook them and if they're the HEB weight for red I will call it a red day and also have some milk in my drinks, if not no worries I'll just stick with EE

Had the smoked salmon and cream cheese omelette from the new mag for lunch instead of mackerel salad, served it with side salad and used quark instead of philli so it was free, oh and also added red onion and mushroom, was gorgeous

Aghhh whats wrong with me, at a kids party and just eaten two jam sandwiches, a sausage roll and some mini sausages! the really bad thing is I really enjoyed them!

no chocolate for me tonight, tomorrow will be attempt number two at being 100%.

Aghhh whats wrong with me, at a kids party and just eaten two jam sandwiches, a sausage roll and some mini sausages! the really bad thing is I really enjoyed them!

no chocolate for me tonight, tomorrow will be attempt number two at being 100%.

Kids parties are such a nightmare! Don't beat yourself up about it and just get back on track straight away!

Thank you, Yeah plan is to just have no more syns today and forget about it. Tea tonight is syn free and I have crabsticks and syn free pancakes with berries to snack on later... loads of fruit too so I should get through the night with no syns :)

I think while I'm upping my running I should maybe concentrate on trying to maintain rather then loose but I want to at least get down to my actual target weight before then. Only need to loose a lb this week to do that, so fingers crossed I might still manage that even with today's little mishap.

Thursday 21st - Green

Running club tomorrow night and going with the faster group, so should run at least 6 miles (compared to last Thursdays 4 miles) going to attempt at least 10 over the weekend. Was saying to my boyfriend earlier how I don't feel like I'm doing much exercise so don't feel like I should be getting away with eating more.... but actually I'm doing loads more then I used to and also when will I feel like I'm doing loads, when I'm marathon training will I still count 20 miles as not much.

Breakfast - 2 wheatabix made with boiling water topped with yogurt and berries
Lunch - chick pea dhal with salad
Tea - quorn meatballs in tomato sauce and spaghetti topped with cheese (HEA)
Snacks - rice pudding with apple and kiwi, pear, pineapple,

This may change later but think this will do, will decide on syns and other HEX's tomorrow

Last edited:
Thursday 21st - Green

Running club tomorrow night and going with the faster group, so should run at least 6 miles (compared to last Thursdays 4 miles) going to attempt at least 10 over the weekend. Was saying to my boyfriend earlier how I don't feel like I'm doing much exercise so don't feel like I should be getting away with eating more.... but actually I'm doing loads more then I used to and also when will I feel like I'm doing loads, when I'm marathon training will I still count 20 miles as not much.

Breakfast -
Lunch -
Tea - quorn meatballs in tomato sauce and spaghetti
Snacks -

I realise this is mainly empty but not completely decided what I'm eating yet... whoops.... may have some home made wholemeal bread with tea if my boyfriend makes it tomorrow

The more you run, the more you get used to doing that distance and then you feel like you're not doing that much! I've done the Great North Run 3 years running and I remember one Sunday last year saying oh I've only done 8.5 miles and non-runners were astounded, to me it didn't seem that far at all, I was used to 5 mile base runs 3 times a week at that point! I'll be back up to that in the next 2-3 weeks again!

The more you run, the more you get used to doing that distance and then you feel like you're not doing that much! I've done the Great North Run 3 years running and I remember one Sunday last year saying oh I've only done 8.5 miles and non-runners were astounded, to me it didn't seem that far at all, I was used to 5 mile base runs 3 times a week at that point! I'll be back up to that in the next 2-3 weeks again!

Yeah I said in club ''I was disappointed with my weekend run, I only ran 8 miles'' and they were all shocked.
Are you doing the great North run this year? I was going to enter but thought it was expensive compared to some other runs, it cost more than my marathon.

Sorry I should've said 2 years running, doing it again this year yes! After my first year I paid for 3 year membership to guarantee my place.
It is expensive, I'm doing a 10K in April that only cost £10 entry, but it's an amazing atmosphere and no travelling really for me as I'm 10 miles outside Newcastle so just get a lift to end with a friend and we get the bus back to the start line!
The atmosphere is amazing though, the Red Arrows flying above, the people lining the streets cheering you on, and the feeling of accomplishment when you cross the finish line knowing you've taken part in the worlds biggest half marathon is great! Even got my girls on the medal bug and they did the Mini run last year and are doing the junior this year!

I have my first run next weekend.. I can't wait, going to try and run more then that this weekend, its 9 miles and the weekend after I have a half marathon so would like to do at least 10 this weekend, will see how I get on :)

Best of luck with it! When's your half??

10th of March, so very close actually. Going to take it really steady and just enjoy it as its my first. It's on mothers day and my mums running it too so we're going to do that in the morning, then both go home and relax, then later on go to my mums with little one and my nanna for a nice relaxing take-away.

10th of March, so very close actually. Going to take it really steady and just enjoy it as its my first. It's on mothers day and my mums running it too so we're going to do that in the morning, then both go home and relax, then later on go to my mums with little one and my nanna for a nice relaxing take-away.

That sounds great! I love making plans for after a race, going out for lunch and the like!

Yeah me too, I'd like to make plans for after this 9 miler, would be nice just to go for a coffee, but we'll have to wait and see what my mums up to (she's on holiday at the moment)

Its great that your both runnning it together donna, I wish you the very best of luck with it, and look forward to hearing how you did

We have a few we're running together, it is great. She'll beat me on most of them to be fair, but she has been running for years whereas I'm just learning and planning on taking most of them steady so that I can enjoy them. Can try and beat my times next year ;)

can't remember when I last posted my diary... whoops

Friday 22nd - EE

Breakfast - mango, pineapple, apple, kiwi and yogurt
Lunch - sausages (1 syn) bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, beans and fried eggs with wholemeal bread (HEB)
Tea - chicken stuffed with two laughing cow light blue cheese triangles (1/2 HEA) with roast potatoes and mushrooms stuffed with peppers and onions (think I'll cook the potatoes with onions and topped with pasatta actually.
Snacks - blueberry muffins (6 syns) banana, rice pudding with berries, hifi light (3 syns) crabsticks

Saturday 23rd - Red

Breakfast - pineapple, mango, banana, apple and kiwi topped with yogurt
Lunch - mackerel salad
Tea - shish kebab (3 syns for oil, 9 syns for pitta) with salad and 3 burger cheese slices (HEA)
Snacks - blueberry muffin (3 syns) hifi bar (HEB) ryvita mini's (HEB) milk in drinks (HEA) crabsticks, berries and pancakes

Sunday 24th - EE

Breakfast - pineapple, mango, kiwi, apple and banana with yogurt
Lunch - smoked mackerel (not sure on syns :() with pasta, pasatta, onion, tomatoes and mushrooms
Tea - seafood paella
Snacks - kellogs chewy delight bar (HEB) lick of baking spoon (again not sure on syns) milk in drinks (HEA) crabsticks, pear, orange,

Monday 25th Feb - Green

Breakfast - 2 wheatabix made with boiling water topped with yogurt bananas and mixed berries (HEB)
Lunch - lentil lasagne (HEA) with salad
Tea - quorn cottage pie with veg
Snacks - ryvita mini's (HEB) milk in drinks (HEB) caramel freddo (5 syns) rice pudding with apple and kiwi, orange, pear

That lentil lasagne sounds lovely, do you have a recipe?
How's running this weekend, was supposed to be adding mileage today but more snow fell overnight! Melting now so hoping tomorrow night I can get out!

Back