getting back to target - one day at a time

dont think it would have weighed much, we picked it up cheap in tesco and i had the smallest of the two fillets. thanks texty :) I will have a 100% week this week... in fact tomorrow - sat 9th will be 100% I have to get my head back in the game and know every syn value of everything i eat before i eat it!

running went well, I did 6.25 miles on Sat (after 6 on Thursday) I was hoping to do more but the route I took was eoodlands so harder then just a road run woth hill training in there too... oh and we ran there and back so probably just over 7 miles in reality.

Thats fantastic donna - 7 miles wow, I can only imagine how good it makes you feel achieving the little goals you set. Its good that you have a running partner too.

There were a few of us on Saturday, was going to go running with the lady I drive out to club with but when we were talking about it someone else at the club said about meeting somewhere else, there were 5 of us in the end, which was lovely :) It does feel great, I couldn't imagine not doing it now, which is weird considering only a few months ago I could't imagine running at all lol.

That lentil lasagne sounds lovely, do you have a recipe?
How's running this weekend, was supposed to be adding mileage today but more snow fell overnight! Melting now so hoping tomorrow night I can get out!

Sorry just realised I replied about the running and not the lasagne (I was on my phone when replying)

I don't have a recipe as such, just fry off whatever veg I'm using (I throw anything in, onions, mushrooms, aubergine, courgette... whatever I have in really) add pasatta or chopped toms, beef stock and lentils and simmer until the lentils are cooked (I use red lentils) also add some herbs and/or spices here again whatever I have to hand. then I layer that mixture with lasagne sheets and either quark mixed with an egg or natural yogurt sometimes mixed with an egg sometimes not depending how lazy I'm feeling, after the last layer of quark or nat yog I top with healthy extra of cheese, mine makes 3 portions so I use 120g low fat cheese to top it and bake in the oven for 40 minutes, checking and if it starts to brown too much I put tin foil over the top.

Sorry just realised I replied about the running and not the lasagne (I was on my phone when replying)

I don't have a recipe as such, just fry off whatever veg I'm using (I throw anything in, onions, mushrooms, aubergine, courgette... whatever I have in really) add pasatta or chopped toms, beef stock and lentils and simmer until the lentils are cooked (I use red lentils) also add some herbs and/or spices here again whatever I have to hand. then I layer that mixture with lasagne sheets and either quark mixed with an egg or natural yogurt sometimes mixed with an egg sometimes not depending how lazy I'm feeling, after the last layer of quark or nat yog I top with healthy extra of cheese, mine makes 3 portions so I use 120g low fat cheese to top it and bake in the oven for 40 minutes, checking and if it starts to brown too much I put tin foil over the top.

That sounds very easy! May give that a try this weekend!

Tuesday 26th Feb

WI day..... wonder if I'll get away with another week with a few extra treats... bring on 5 O'Clock for me to find out. Taster session but I don't know if I'll have time to make anything :( which I hate, I might try and make time to make some of those blueberry muffins. Then its straight to running club for training.

Breakfast - Pineapple, apple, kiwi and mango with yogurt
Lunch - ham and veg quiche with salad and tinned spaghetti
Tea - turkey curry with rice
Snacks - crabsticks, hifi bar (HEB) 2 babybel (HEA) not sure on syns, depends on what is on offer at taster session.

gained a lb, so 9 stone 2lbs now.... Need to get some of that off this week, ate 6 syns of stuff at taster and then had 7.5 syns on a chocolate orange tiffin bar.... so 13.5 in total

Wednesday 27th Feb - EE

Breakfast - pineapple, apple, kiwi and yogurt
Lunch - ham and veg quiche with beans and cucumber
Tea - chicken curry and rice
Snacks - chocolate bun (7 syns) chocolate philli on two ryvita fruit crunch with banana (HEB and 6 syns) orange, pear, crabsticks

Last edited:
Thursday 28th Feb - Green

Breakfast - pineapple, apple and kiwi with yogurt
Lunch - fried egg in a ww petite pain (HEB)
Tea - quorn meatballs and spaghetti with a tomato sauce all topped with cheese (HEB)
Snacks - orange, rice pudding with berries, banana and choc philli (6 syns) on two ryvita fruit crunch (HEB) chocolate cupcake (7 syns) milk in drinks (HEA)

gained a lb, so 9 stone 2lbs now.... Need to get some of that off this week, ate 6 syns of stuff at taster and then had 7.5 syns on a chocolate orange tiffin bar.... so 13.5 in total

Wednesday 27th Feb - EE

Lunch - ham and veg quiche with beans and cucumber
Tea - chicken curry and rice
Snacks - chocolate bun (7 syns) chocolate philli on two ryvita fruit crunch with banana (HEB and 6 syns) orange, pear, crabsticks

Only one pound, you can get that off next week hun x

Only one pound, you can get that off next week hun x

Yeah I'm really happy with that to be honest, as over the two weeks I really hadn't stuck to it so 1lb over 2 weeks is great.

Had 3 days on plan and feel so good for it, I think I may actually have my motivation back :) and hope I don't jynx myself but think I'll manage 100% until mothers day... have a couple of extra treats and then back on it again, I'm back in the game! :D

Friday March 1st - Green

Lunch - savoury quorn mince with a ww petite pain (HEB)
Tea - meat free sausage and bean bake topped with slices potatoes and cheese (HEA for cheese and 1 syn for sausages)
Snacks - milk in drinks (HEA) 2 ryvita fruit crunch (HEB) with banana and chocolate philli (6 syns) chocolate cupcake (7 syns) rice pudding with mixed berries, fruit

need to remember I have my doctors appointment for my injection tomorrow... just posting that here to remind myself now as I keep forgetting and need to have it done lol

Last edited:
Had 3 days on plan and feel so good for it, I think I may actually have my motivation back :) and hope I don't jynx myself but think I'll manage 100% until mothers day... have a couple of extra treats and then back on it again, I'm back in the game! :D

Friday March 1st - Green

Lunch - savoury quorn mince with a ww petite pain (HEB)
Tea - meat free sausage and bean bake topped with slices potatoes and cheese (HEA for cheese and 1 syn for sausages)
Snacks - milk in drinks (HEA) hifi bakewell (HEB) chocolate cupcake (7 syns) hot chocolate with marshmallows (4 syns) rice pudding with mixed berries, fruit

need to remember I have my doctors appointment for my injection tomorrow... just posting that here to remind myself now as I keep forgetting and need to have it done lol

It is good when you feel on track, I feel it motivates me to stick to it more! I'm off to the Metrocentre tomorrow and already have planned a low syn lunch at Nandos!

So far today has gone to plan, not had any of the snacks yet (have had a bite of rice pudding before work but not my whole portion) and a couple of boiled eggs. :) still feeling really great.

Saturday 2nd March - EE

might be a little difficult as I'm at my nephews Birthday party.... planning on not eating anything but if I do I might have one of my mums home-made buns (same recipe as mine, so around 7 syns) instead of some of my other syns, but I can't imagine there being any left as they're so yummy and look great so surely all the kids will go for them.

Breakfast - sausages (1 syn) bacon, fried or scrambled eggs, beans, tomatoes and mushrooms
Lunch - not completely sure on lunch yet... will decide and update tomorrow... maybe savoury rice with added veg and ham or salad if I'm not feeling too hungry
Tea - bacon and chicken carbanana made with quark (not tried it with quark for a long time so hoping it turns out okay)
Snacks - chocolate philli (6 syns) with banana on 2 ryvita fruit crunch (HEB) if I don't have a bun I will have a chocolate orange tiffin bar (7.5 syns) really edging towards the bun if I can get my hands on one though, crabsticks, rice pudding with apple and kiwi, milk in drinks (HEA)

So far today has gone to plan, not had any of the snacks yet (have had a bite of rice pudding before work but not my whole portion) and a couple of boiled eggs. :) still feeling really great.

Saturday 2nd March - EE

might be a little difficult as I'm at my nephews Birthday party.... planning on not eating anything but if I do I might have one of my mums home-made buns (same recipe as mine, so around 7 syns) instead of some of my other syns, but I can't imagine there being any left as they're so yummy and look great so surely all the kids will go for them.

Breakfast - sausages (1 syn) bacon, fried or scrambled eggs, beans, tomatoes and mushrooms
Lunch - not completely sure on lunch yet... will decide and update tomorrow... maybe savoury rice with added veg and ham or salad if I'm not feeling too hungry
Tea - bacon and chicken carbanana made with quark (not tried it with quark for a long time so hoping it turns out okay)
Snacks - chocolate philli (6 syns) with banana on 2 ryvita fruit crunch (HEB) if I don't have a bun I will have a chocolate orange tiffin bar (7.5 syns) really edging towards the bun if I can get my hands on one though, crabsticks, rice pudding with apple and kiwi, milk in drinks (HEA)

hmmmm boyfriend has made some yummy home made wholemeal bread.... so I might have 60g of that with breakfast as my healthy extra B... will decide tomorrow, hate it when he makes it, it's gorgeous!!!!

Another change of plan, will stay off the bread as we're going out for tea to celebrate my boyfriend getting his new job :)

I'll have tuna pasta salad for lunch and mixed grill when we go out, going to give my boyfriend my sausage and order it with jacket potato instead of chips... only synned things will be fried egg .5 syns and onion rings... which I'm tempted to eat but don't really know the syns on them so might begrudgingly give them to my boyfriend as well

Yesterday was a write off, did my 9 mile race in 1 hour 23 minutes and 13 seconds.... which I'm very happy with but food wise I had so much I shouldn't.

Monday 4th March - Green

Breakfast - shreddies and banana (HEA and HEB)
Lunch - chickpea curry with boiled potatoes
Tea - quorn chilli with wedges and cheese (HEA)
Snacks - 2 ryvita fruit crunch (HEB) with chocolate philli (6 syns) and banana, orange, pear, mullerlight, rice pudding with apple and passionfruit

Last edited:
Yesterday was a write off, did my 9 mile race in 1 hour 23 minutes and 13 seconds.... which I'm very happy with but food wise I had so much I shouldn't.

Monday 4th March - Green

Breakfast - shreddies and banana (HEA and HEB)
Lunch - chickpea curry with boiled potatoes
Tea - quorn chilli with wedges and cheese (HEA)
Snacks - 2 ryvita fruit crunch (HEB) with chocolate philli (6 syns) and banana, orange, pear, mullerlight, rice pudding with apple and passionfruit

That's a great run! But I know what you mean food wise!
Today is a fresh day!

That's a great run! But I know what you mean food wise!
Today is a fresh day!

To be fair it wasn't too bad it was all because of my running, I had porridge which I measured out for breakfast and a banana, but then I had some of my mums home made flapjack before the race (well a couple of pieces) and then my gel which I planned on having and def needed which was 4 syns, then after the race I had more flapjack, then a ham and cheese toastie (wholemeal bread so not bad but I had already had my HEB) then more flapjack oh and a chocolate horlicks.... so terrible syns wise but tea was on plan and the syns weren't as bad as they could have been.

It was only because of my race... I'm back on it today. Tomorrow I need to start saving syns for the weekend as well as have another race on Sunday (plus its mothers day so will be having a couple of extra treats anyway) and Friday I have a sausage and bacon sarnie waiting for me at school lol

Back