I have 11 stones to loose. 5 THIS YEAR!!.

I live in a small town in Northern Ireland, and I have been gaining weight steadily since I was 9 years old. ! ! ! (when I took my first period.... sorry if TMI) lol
My GP has been following it the whole way.... I have suggested everything, but you know that attitude that thin people have towards fat people... you are just eating too much. I have even had the suggestion that I was this fat because I was eating too much red meat, so when I stopped eating red meat for a whole month with no results, I was told that I wasnt eating enough red meat. ! ! ! ! ! !
He told me that I was eating too many pies....and when I told him I dont eat pies, he said... oh stop eating cakes then.... I said.. I dont eat cakes, I dont even buy them OR biscuits........ next was... oh stop eating all those bars of chocolate at night... I said... I dont eat chocolate because I dont like it.... I was accused of lying.... the old fashioned attitude of 'well you MUST be eating these things'...'all fat people eat these things'.... errrrr Excuse me WRONG. ! ! !. He also didnt believe me when I said that I went to the gym 3 times a week, played squash for an hour before that and did some gentle weight training afterwards.. and never lost an ounce...
so I was sent to the dietician, I kept a food diary for one month, she looked at it for about 3 seconds, and started the lecture..'now Deborah you really will have to stop eating pies and cakes.....'
AARRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I have given up trying to get any help from my GP or anyone medical at all....but sometimes I feel that surgery is my only answer.... :cry: but I dont want too because I have a daughter now and the risks are too large for me now.....
:sigh:

id suggest seeing different doctors and writing a letter of complaints because nobodys allowed to talk to you in that way!!!

Yeah I would definately see another doctor or even join another practice after being spoken to like that, they are meant to support you not insult you! xx

id suggest seeing different doctors and writing a letter of complaints because nobodys allowed to talk to you in that way!!!

Yeah I would definately see another doctor or even join another practice after being spoken to like that, they are meant to support you not insult you! xx

I would imagine that if Debbywebby lives in a small town there is little chance of her changing surgery.

Debbywebby, could your partner or other family members back you up with your food diary to the dietician? Have you ever had your thyroid levels checked?

It is so frustrating when no-one appears to be hearing what you are saying. I wish I could offer more constructive help. How are you getting on with SW?

Hi guys
Well I have my thyroid checked every 6 months cos Im convinced it has something to do with it. A few times it has come back borderline but because other results have come back as 'normal', he wont do anything about it... because its normal.

:0clapper:Well done you!

Here's to you ticking off your next goal:D (couldn't find a toasting glass smilie)

Just caught up with your diary. You are absolutely amazing! Hope you're proud of your achievements.:D

18 stone 7 + 1/4 ooo i love it lol.. lost 13lbs + 3/4 since 1st of last month.. not bad considering a bad break up in between all this.. but now im gud woooohoooo.

set a challenge for june .. 15lbs to gooo..

thanks for wishing me well everyone means a lot to me <3 xx

ahhh and now its my time of the month today! im dreading the scales so ill just stay away from them lol..

Wow, you are doing sooooo well!!! You're such an inspiration! I've fully fallen off the wagon so bad...I don't even want to step on the scales - but reading your posts makes me want to jump back into it!
Keep up the great work! :D

Back