JanD's Maintenance Diary. Into the 2nd year :o)))

Jan, do you like potatoes? Why not add one to your dinners of fish and salad as that's not really alot :s hope you don't shoot me down for that :s
or maybe even some sort of bean just to bulk it up s bit :)

Why would I shoot you down for making a suggestion?
Lol!!! :D

Funnily enough I've been thinking along similar lines. Having more at meals to try to keep me more satisfied.
Trouble is - I'm not eating coz I'm hungry. It's mainly when I'm working I'm OTT & that's mainly out of boredom probably. I was just thinking (as I was munching on 4 squares of wholenut :eek: & watching America's Got Talent on the iplayer) maybe I should start to bring some knitting again to keep my hands occupied.
Then there's 'at my mother's' which is a whole other story.
Don't know how the hell I TFR'd!!!

One thing's for sure - I'll have to do something before the scales start sliding upwards again!

Oooo no Tan, I'm only too pleased you take the trouble to read through my 'confessions' lol! xx

Haha you and your pictures!!! Lol

I just thought you might think I was being patronising but glad you don't hehe

If it's keeping yer hands busy try the chickpea thing jan they're relish. Drain a can the put them in a roasting tin sprinkle with whatever flavouring ya like and roast fer about 10mins. They've got like a nutty after taste and will be easy for you to take to work and something healthy to munch on :)

Hear what yer saying with boredom though! It's a bloomin car crash when it comes to food ain't it! Lol

xxxxx

Tell that to the kitkat :( x

:rotflmao: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday 19th June

Mum's - Small granary roll with clover & a slice of lunch tongue. Half a mars bar :(

Home - vanilla & almond danish I bought in Tesco, just coz I fancied it - it was disappointing, most food is when you get right down to it :cool:
Kellogs 'square' :sigh:

Bed

Tea - lightly dusted 'Basa' (very like river cobbler) with stir fry.

Wine
Pkt cheddars

Gotta get a grip !!!! :break_diet: xx

Last edited:
Jan don't be so hard on yourself!
Compare it to a year ago and just reflect on how far you have come. You deserve a few days 'off'. Jan enjoy it and don't beat yourself up. You know you will get back to it asap if not im here for a helping hand ................ :whoopass: .... :giggle:

HaHa - love your helping hand and can't wait till you can 'give it to me' personally :):) xxx

ah, Jan, you are having that time where you cant stop the munchies....not sure whether the knitting would help to be honest sweetie.....cause if you have taken something to work, or if there is anything there, you would put the knitting down and go and fetch it!! well, I would..haha...

It isnt easy...I do understand and sympathise...it is like a spiral and even although you want to stop you cant! I reckon one day you will just get a grip and say enough now Jan!!!

I too had a bad day..met my friend..we had a girlie day and had lunch at hers, buying lots of lovely bread/pate/etc, etc. from Waitrose and then ate it all!!!! And a bottle of White Zinfandel between us!!! So, I know what you are saying.

Maybe we both need to make a wee pact together...say, from Monday we will help one another?? Wot do ya reckon??? We could encourage each other to be sensible?? Would help me too I am sure!

You have done and still are doing incredibly well....just having one of those weeks I think!

Keep smiling though....!!

smile030.jpg
I'll try .... :D

Yes indeed we can do that Iris!! Monday! It's a date! :):) xxx

HaHa - love your helping hand and can't wait till you can 'give it to me' personally :):) xxx

sawcy .........!!! hahahaha :p

Maybe we both need to make a wee pact together...say, from Monday we will help one another?? Wot do ya reckon??? We could encourage each other to be sensible?? Would help me too I am sure!

Do it girls!!! :) If i can manage 'sensible-ish' for 5 days yous two defo can :) :) Sounds like a date ;)

:D

:giggle: !!!!!! :p

:8855::8855:
brill Jan!!! I love the pic!! hahahahahaha...oh, you do make me laugh! (suppose better than you making me cry)!!

Yes, Tanya, you are right!! WE NEED accountablility and it has certainly helped me in the past! So, yes RC Plan for me on Monday.....here we come!!! Right Jan!!! Just to be sensible and just to get back on track would be good....

I have OH's birthday next weekend, but with no being big drinker, that wont be a problem and we are planning a meal out at the Turkish Restaurant or doing something at home, but even if it is only one day where I am naughty, better than 7!!!! :eek:

IT IS A DATE!!!

Aw Iris, Hope Tunc has a lovely birthday! :) Its once a year so you both enjoy yourselves :D
Have you got him anything nice?
It's Stevie's birthday in a few weeks and I can't think of anything to get him!!!!!!!

True, and last year I was on TFR so couldnt celebrate and we always have had a party at home, so it was a bit strange.

Bought him....A HIVE!! hahaha....that was his birthday pressie......I have been told NOT to get anything else, but..HEHE..thinkng of getting him some WHITE WELLIE BOOTS to go with his suit! He is wearing his big green wellie boots, so I think I might..as I just cant help surprising him!!

What does Stevie like/fancy? It is hard...I try and surprise Tunc every year, but at times you run out of ideas..as they seem to have everything :cool:

Oh god Stevie is so hard to surprise. He doesnt need or want anything. He is such a simple lad!

Sunday 20th June

Breakie - blueberries, raspberries & blackberried with ff from frais

Lunch - ham, cheese & avacado salad with vlf salad cream

Tea - Lots of vodka has been imbibed, walks along prom etc etc - ...... dunno what's going down after it .. will edit later ;):) xx

Looking forward to reading the edit in the am ;) hehe

'See' yous tomorrow :) xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Your food seemed really good yesterday Jan. Hope you and Iris have a great start to the new week today.

On the subject of men's birthday presents I find them hard to buy for too. It was hubby's 40th last November so I took him to Man U to watch a match and stayed at a really nice hotel too. It was fantastic!! We are both fans so it was really a pressie for both of us. We won
3-0 too which was a bonus!

On my 40th in April he took me to a lovely hotel in Bristol for the weekend for some shopping. It was a great weekend too.

Wont have a clue how to top that pressie for him this year though.

Back