JanD's Maintenance Diary. Into the 2nd year :o)))

You don't have to top it this year though Bev - it was a special birthday - you've got 10years to think of a way to top it LOL!

Yesterday's food diary was incomplete. Before we went out I put a half shoulder of lamb in the slow cooker. I'm embarrassed and a l'il bit ashamed to say I sort of 'came to' at some point during the evening. I hadn't been asleep or anything I just suddenly realised I was sitting in the lounge with my apron on but I didn't remember eating. Apparently I served up the lamb - we ate the whole lot between us with nothing else (well there would have been a LOT of meat!) but I don't remember anything about it :(. Usually when i 'forget' things after a drink or three I remember when I'm reminded - not this time. I'm afraid the sunshine and the outdoors went to my head - not to mention the doubles bar :(

I didn't and don't like it and it won't be happening again!! No hangover though :eek:

I've paid the price for my nawtiness last week - a gain of 2.2lbs which means I'm up to 10st 13lbs. There is NO WAY I'm going over 11st so IRIS!!??!! We're definitely ON!! :)

Will post today's food later xx

OH! And I had an Alpen light bar before I went to bed, I think - or it may have been a cheese string :eek: x

Last edited:
Perhaps edging up to that 11st is what you need to put you back on track.

I still think what you've done over the past year is excellent though, despite a little gain! You're all my inspirations over here!

You can do it woman :)

Thats scary not remembering. I hate it too - im the same always remember when told but when ya don't its worrying aint it.

Glad no hangover ;) hehe

So we all back on track?!!! :)
(except for the chocolate cake and glass of champers on thursday for me! :giggle:)

Yeah you're probably right Bev!

Most definitely Tan! ('cept for the l'il voddies ;) - no wine though - too much sugar ;))

Monday 21st June

Breakie - 2 weetabix, blue&raspberries, splenda & skimmed milk

Lunch - (out, took Mum to Stapeley Water Gardens, it's her birthday) tuna salad & the skin off half a baked potato Mum left.

Tea - Turkey breast steak, baked & green beans & carrots.

No plans to have anything else tonight except for one or two voddies. Have to get to bed early coz up early to mind one of the grandsons. Hoping for a nice day as the beach is at the end of their road (Iris it's his birthday on 27th too! :D - but he's only 2 ;) ) xx

Last edited:
Looks like you're back on track Jan.

Hope you have a lovely day at the beach you lucky thing. Stuck in work all day but we've got to pay the bills and save up for those hols aint we?

Yep - had a really good day yesterday foodwise - just finished off a bit of left-over turkey before I went to bed. Of course would have been better without the voddies but without them I probably would have eaten more so swings & roundabouts.

Looks like I've got the day I hoped for. Just waiting for it to warm up a bit before strolling down to the beach :):) xx

How did your day at the beach go then Jan? I'm not jealous at all, really!!!

Hope youve had a loverly day MrsD :) x

HaHa ... sorry guys (honest ;)) Had a lovely walk along the prom with L'il Ted in the push chair but the breeze was a bit sharp so didn't end up making sand pies or anything. It was still a lovely morning though. :D

Tuesday 22nd June

Breakie - 2 weetabix, blue,rasp&blackberries, splenda & skimmed milk.

pear

Lunch - John West snack lunch, morroccan salmon (or something like that ;))

half a banana

tea - Pilchards in tomato sauce & salad

V&Cs :eek:

Looking good today Jan - do you feel back on track?
Besides the vodkas of course! :giggle:

What vodkas???? **whistles innocently**

Yes I DO feel back on track thankfully - hoping I won't have to give up the v&cs though ... what am I like ;) I actually REALLY fancy some wine tonight though :( - haven't decided what to do yet.

Wednesday 23rd June

Breakie - 2 weetabix, berries etc as usual

Lunch - Tuna salsa John West snack lunch (I see a pattern emerging here ;))

pear

Tea - Chicken thighs stuffed with phili light, brocolli & leek

v&cs (I think)

LOL Jan what ya like!
Why not have 1 glass of wine then move to v&c's?

Everything in moderation ;)

Ooooo no Tan .... I wouldn't/couldn't mix 'em like that.

Decided on a coupls V&Cs as I want to have a clear head tomorrow. Looking forward to a nice day with a friend, don't want to risk a headache or anything. :) x

Thanks Iris ... I'm sure I will :D xx

Just had a slice of corned beef :eek: xx

Edit - & had a tesco fruit & raisin bar thingy - still not a bad day though x

Last edited:
Corned Beef! Gosh, dont remember the last time I ate that...has to be well over 10 years now!

Have you had a few V&Cs...must admit I could do with a big huge glass of something tonight..not like me, but had a really stressed day and had words with my friend tonight too :-( Not that alcohol is the answer!!! Glad all I have is beer and lager as I dont like either!!! hahaha

Oh dear - not nice when you have words with anybody - even when you're right :( - hope you're okay .... :eek:

Just looked at weather forecast and tho' it should be warm it may be showery tomorrow. Annoying when it's been soooo nice and I know my friend particularly wants to take in the sea views etc! Ah well - just have to put a couple of brollies in the backpack ;) xx

PS - NO! Alcohol isn't the answer to anything ... most of the time it's the cause of the questions!!!! ;)

Yous are mistaken .... "alcohol is the answer but i can't remember the question" :rotflmao:

LOL! :D

Have had a lovely day :) Hope you all have too :D

Thursday 24th June

Breakie - 2 wetabix, berries etc

Lunch - Chicken salad with a sachet of full fat mayo

Banana

Tea - (out)- New York chicken (chicken breast with bacon, hp grilling sauce & cheese) with a baked potato & some mayo - ate too much :(Intended to only eat half the potato but it was all gone before I got the resolve in place! :( Never mind - tomorrow is another day.

Still fancying the wine so I'm having some tonight x

Last edited:
Back