JanD's Maintenance Diary. Into the 2nd year :o)))

Up to now ta .... hope I can keep it up through the night .. fingers crossed xx

Just holler if you need a rollicking through the night if you get tempted, I am on my last nightshift.

And me .... i've been called in early again so another 8hour shift so i'll be lurking around too! :) :p

Ooo 'eck **hides** ;)

Better watch meself :eek: :D xx

jon_picking_his_nose.jpg

Okay ;)

Spoilsport :eek: xx

As long as I don't eat it??? (Sorry couldn't resist :D) xx

It's calorie free...... ;) ha!!

Oh well in that case ... if I get peckish ... ;) xx

Jan, a bit of a miserable week for you with your stuffed up cold. Hope it is better now. Here's hoping next week will be a better one for you.

Thanks Molly - I'm much better now, thanks goodness.

Saturday 13th November

Breakie - WELL! When I got to Mum's this morning I was HUNGRY! I hadn't had anything since about 4am. I had a thin crust toasted with a laughing cow light. When i got home I toasted 2 pieces of soda bread (they're not very big as some of you know) had one with hummus & 1 with laughing cow light.

Bed

Tea - DH (Bless him) did pork fillets in the oven with tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots, onions & herbs which was very nice - mopped up the sauce with the last slice of soda bread (just a tiny crust left & I don't think I'm buying any more)

Berries with ff from frais

work - chicken & cottage cheese salad with balsamic, pear. xx

Go Ahead Forest fruit Yoghurt Breaks

Slice ham, mini sausage roll :( x

Last edited:
Pretty good day Jan :)
You're tea sounds delish :drool: re the soda bread - it had all gone by Thursday and I too said nope not buying anymore but the bf wanted some for the weekend - all his fault!!! Lol but it is absolutely gorge! Just wish it was big enough to make a proper sandwich with, don't you?! :) x

If the soda bread is that nice, I'm not going to be trying it if I can help it ;)

Hello Jan, your menu yesterday looked good, bit of ham and saus roll is not much of a cheat so well done.

Ok ok this soda bread...whats the deal? Is it white/healthier than white, health food at all???

Not very diet friendly but really lovely
Here you go, my good old fashioned Irish Soda Bread
450g White Self raising flour
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp salt
Sift all the above together three times to get plenty of air into the flour.
Add about 350mls buttermilk. Add a little more if it is too stiff. Mixture should be like a stiff cake mixture but not too dry.
Turn into a 2lb loaf tin
Bake in a preheated oven at 200C for 45-50 mins.

As a variation add a couple of ounces of sultanas and an ounce of sugar.

I'm drooling as I write!!!!

Thanks Molly, will have to buy some though as not much of a baker :) however will save it until december and xmas food time as I really don't need a new gorgeous thing to eat!!

Back