JanD's Maintenance Diary. Week 15 onwards

Friday 16th October

Breakie - 2 weetabix, raspberries, splenda & skimmed milk

Lunch - 2 slices of Hovis seed sensations, ham, salad & extra light salad cream.

Alpen light bar

Tea - Hake with cauliflower cheese (frozen from Aldi) brocolli & leek. Ff from frais with raspberries & blackberries.

Work - I'm taking a maintenance bar. I'm going to have a couple of days with 2 maintenance products and a light meal to try to shift these few lbs. xx

Do you feel hungry Jan????? Just wondering, cause you dont look as though you have had much toay. I love fish, but I never find it makes me full :) You are doing well though....good on you!

Hi Jan,,,like you, I thought I had replied....hahaha...I am still amazed that you even know where to start. Now, do you write as in pen/paper, or do you keep it on your laptop???????

I used to do pen/paper. I rebelled against using a word processor for a long time as typing didn't come naturally to me and I found doing all the alterations a pain (I've never been able to leave corrections, punctuation etc until the end and go back & do them all at once)
However now I'm a little more computer and therefore keyboard savvy I use that. Just as well I got that way too because I can only write a couple of paragraphs now and my hand gives up - plus the scrawl becomes illegible. I have to wear a velcro splint on my right hand to be able to use the keyboard for more than about 20 mins - think I'll have to get one for my left hand soon too. I save my work on the computer, onto a memory stick and email copies to 2 different addresses .... HaHa - I accidentally deleted a whole nights' work once - can you tell? I never had the heart to redo it either ... maybe one day.

Do you feel hungry Jan????? Just wondering, cause you dont look as though you have had much toay. I love fish, but I never find it makes me full :) You are doing well though....good on you!

I haven't been hungry Iris -no. I think I have quite big meals. I have LOADS of veg. I felt a bit 'naughty' with the bread at lunchtime and I think it was perhaps a bit too much as I felt my stomach blow straight up after it - mind you that kept me full!!
(Mind you - not being hungry has never stopped me eating :eek:) xx

Saturday 17th October

Breakie - Maintenance choc whip

Bed all day.

Tea - Tuna steak baked with dill and stir fried veg. Blackberries & From Frais.

For some reason before I left for work I felt the need to stuff a slice of ham and a slice of lunch tongue in my face :eek:

Work - Maintenance bar, plum.

I've bought all healthy stuff to take to the cottage - salad, chicken, ham, pilchards, tuna. I've put in a couple of tins of toms with which I'm intending to make a sort of ratatouille with courgette, mushroom, onion and leek (would have been aubergine too but they didn't have any in tescos). There's weetabix, pears, plums and blueberries, splenda & skimmed milk. I've packed a few little boxes of dried fruit snacks to have in my backpack if/when I go for any walks in case I get 'caught short' with that horrible, if-I-don't-eat-something-right-now-I'm-going-to-pass-out shakey feeling. A box of Alpen light bars and a couple of slimfast snack bars. All very good and healthy ..... and then there's the 'other' box with wine and vodka & pepsi max in it :eek: I need those for artistic reasons you understand ..... to allow me to release any inhibitions and not hold back while I'm writing ;)

..... and if you believe that ....... ;) :) xxx

Last edited:
:giggle: ........ I much prefer the sound of the 2nd box! hahaa

Me too!! ;)

Sunday 18th Oct

Bed all day

Tea - Maintenance veg soup, pear & plum

Another maintenance bar for in the night.

Ooooh have a nice time away this week jan :)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I used to do pen/paper. I rebelled against using a word processor for a long time as typing didn't come naturally to me and I found doing all the alterations a pain (I've never been able to leave corrections, punctuation etc until the end and go back & do them all at once)
However now I'm a little more computer and therefore keyboard savvy I use that. Just as well I got that way too because I can only write a couple of paragraphs now and my hand gives up - plus the scrawl becomes illegible. I have to wear a velcro splint on my right hand to be able to use the keyboard for more than about 20 mins - think I'll have to get one for my left hand soon too. I save my work on the computer, onto a memory stick and email copies to 2 different addresses .... HaHa - I accidentally deleted a whole nights' work once - can you tell? I never had the heart to redo it either ... maybe one day.

I haven't been hungry Iris -no. I think I have quite big meals. I have LOADS of veg. I felt a bit 'naughty' with the bread at lunchtime and I think it was perhaps a bit too much as I felt my stomach blow straight up after it - mind you that kept me full!!
(Mind you - not being hungry has never stopped me eating :eek:) xx

So long as you are not hungry, that is the main thing...yes bread is a bit of a weakness for me! blows me up too!!!! I found some FLAX bread at the food fair the other day and it was gorgeous....quite dark, but really tasty and it didnt blow me up!

Saturday 17th October

Bed all day.

Tea - Tuna steak baked with dill and stir fried veg. Blackberries & From Frais.

For some reason before I left for work I felt the need to stuff a slice of ham and a slice of lunch tongue in my face :eek:

Work - Maintenance bar, plum.

I've bought all healthy stuff to take to the cottage - salad, chicken, ham, pilchards, tuna. I've put in a couple of tins of toms with which I'm intending to make a sort of ratatouille with courgette, mushroom, onion and leek (would have been aubergine too but they didn't have any in tescos). There's weetabix, pears, plums and blueberries, splenda & skimmed milk. I've packed a few little boxes of dried fruit snacks to have in my backpack if/when I go for any walks in case I get 'caught short' with that horrible, if-I-don't-eat-something-right-now-I'm-going-to-pass-out shakey feeling. A box of Alpen light bars and a couple of slimfast snack bars. All very good and healthy ..... and then there's the 'other' box with wine and vodka & pepsi max in it :eek: I need those for artistic reasons you understand ..... to allow me to release any inhibitions and not hold back while I'm writing ;)

..... and if you believe that ....... ;) :) xxx

hahahah - well, at least you have your good box :)!!!!!!!!! And, yes the second box is for medicinal purposes, of course ;-)

Except of course ... to use the wifi in this hotel (I'm not staying in) I have to buy something .... YES I could Buy coffee, YES I could buy a soft drink but NO I've bought wine and soda. :eek:

I thought I might feel a bit of a Billie coming in a place like this on me tod but I feel sooo at home here. I have no inhibitions about going anywhere, doing anything on my own and that's VERY unusual for me.

I've never felt like this about a place before. I've heard people talk about 'falling in love' with a place and 'finding their spiritual home' ... now i think i know what they mean. **Big sigh**

Only trouble is - I'm only here for a week **Even bigger sigh**!!

Ah well ..... at least I've found it :) xx

Being pretty good food wise but i AM using up that second box girls ;) xx

Ahhhh JAN!! :D Glad you have found a really nice place where you feel very comfortable and im doubly glad you are putting to use that 2nd box :) Mind you, wine & soda .... forget the soda girl! :giggle:

How is the writing coming along? xx

AWWWW .....glad you are feeling so comfortable and at home...wonderful! You must tell us where this place is....maybe we will all be going there at some point :)

Box 2, dont believe it...you!! haha....

Oh, wine and soda, but, that, obviously is for medicinal purposes - naturally!!!!!! :eek:

I am glad you are enjoying your time and at least you can look forward to it every year now.....

It's a little town called Montgomery on the Welsh Borders - population just over 1,000 so it's just big enough not to feel alone and isolated but small enough to feel cosy and homely.

I have to confess to succumbing to a bacon roll at a Sunday market this morning. I was STARVING and it wasn't even 12 o'clock - however my body will have thought it was nearly 1 o'clock I suppose. The only other thing I've had that's 'confessible' (apart from box 2 ;)) is an Indian take-away the night John (sorry Iris 'Dave') was here. I tried to make the best choice I could - it was supposed to be made with yoghurt not cream but it was far too creamy!!) Lovely though and I don't usually like Indian.

Writing -wise? I guess I'm up to about 30 pages in 'Word' I have to say my head feels a lot clearer, I feel much more relaxed, rejeuvenated and ready to go home and get on with whatever the next few months bring :) ... AND I've got America to look forward to next week and I AM looking forward to it now - I wasn't before I came. I think I was just too 'muddled', I can't really describe it.

So - one more night (hey that'd make a good song title, I might suggest it to someone ..... hmmmmmm ... who I wonder? ..... maybe Phil Collins?;)) and I'll be wending my way home but I'll most definitely be coming back here. Hopefully in the Spring - we'll see.

I forgot to report - when I weighed on Monday before I left I'd had a little gain, now I can't remember exactly what I weighed HANG THE FLAGS OUT THAT'S A FIRST!!!!! but I THINK it was a 1.2 gain but it could have been 1.6. Anyway I wasn't too perturbed because that was after only 2.5hrs sleep so it was like going to bed at 11pm and getting weighed at 1.30am - I mean you just wouldn't do it would you? So I'm thinking it will right itself this week - only it'll be tuesday I get weighed although if I stick to the fortnightly I said I was going to it'll be next Monday just before we go to Vegas.

I'm waffling now aren't I so I'll go. Hope you're all having a lovely weekend and I'll be thinking about you tomorrow Tan when you refeed again - best of luck and hope you enjoy it! xx

Wahey!!! Nice to hear from you Jan and am glad you are having a nice time and feel less 'muddled' :)

Dont worry too much about what you have eaten, i think a bacon roll and 1 takeaway is very good! If i was on a week away i wouldve been alot worse!!!! :eek:

Be glad to have you fully back on here but then you are deserting us again! :( :sigh: Although you are off to America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *jealous i most defo am!!!!* so i guess we will let you go ... just this once! :rotflmao:

Enjoy your last night my sweet :)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aww Jan, Montgomery sounds just absolutely devine and just what you were needing.

Glad you have had a good sort out in your head and feeling clearer. It does sound like a lovely place to be.

I'm hoooooooome!! :):) Glad to have you back Mary! Lots of things pointing us in the direction of Turkey. We're seriously considering it for next year. Need to have a conflab with you girls who go regularly. John dives and the places he's found are a 2 hour transfer. Don't know the details but I'll find them out and find out if you know anything about these places.

Anyhoo!! I'm putting up an album of Montgomery photos - theres rather a lot so don't lose the will to live - just stop when you've had enough! ;)

BTW - it was a 1.6lb gain last week not the 1.2 I first thought. :(

Well done on your titchy gain Mary - that's nowt, you'll soon sort it. xx

You putting yer piccies up on here Jan??? xxxxx

Yeah - I've just been doing it ... I'm annoyed that I forgot you have to load them in reverse order to get them in the 'right' one! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! To view them in the order I spent ages putting them in - start with the last one first ... not that it really matters I suppose. And mind you don't fall asleep!! :) xx

ahhh yeah that nerves me off too!!! :mad: lol

Loverly piccies Jan - thatd be just up my street would love to go some place like that with the bf but he defo wouldnt like it :( lol

Just going to have a wee look now Jan.
Re-my gain, I was very pleased with only 4lb, could have been a lot worse.

Off to have a nosey now at your pics.

Looks a lovely little quaint place Jan, no wonder you found the peace and tranquility to clear your head girl - well worth a visit.

Back