JanD's Maintenance Diary, wk 25 onwards.

So as I said I had weetabix etc for breakie

Lunch - Chicken salad wrap, plum

3 spoons of peanut butter :eek:

Tea - Chicken thighs done in oven with mushrooms & stock served with carrots and baby new potatoes.

Feel like I've eaten too much though. Bloated and 'stuffed' :(

Some wine tonight :eek: xx

3 spoons of peanut butter :eek:

Do you just get a spoon, a jar of peanut butter and have a spoonfull that way? :rotflmao: I can actually imagine you stood in a kitchen, cupboard door open, spoon & jar in hand sneakily having a couple spoonfulls and smirking :rotflmao: hehehehehehee

Do you just get a spoon, a jar of peanut butter and have a spoonfull that way? :rotflmao: I can actually imagine you stood in a kitchen, cupboard door open, spoon & jar in hand sneakily having a couple spoonfulls and smirking :rotflmao: hehehehehehee

Oh Tanya you are hilarious now i have that picture in my head! :):):)

Well done on the loss its great news. I like the sound of that book that's kinda wat i'm aiming for but at the moment Don't think im quite ready for free reign. Haha!

I really hope your hand gets better, my mam has the same problem and I hate seeing her in pain so I can just imagine wat your going threw:grouphugg:

Keep up the way your going you really sound like your in a great frame of mind, maybe it doesnt take 5 years to think like a skinny person. :D

I sincerely hope it doesn't take the five years!! I daresay there'll be ups and downs .... we'll see!

Tanya - that's exactly how I ate the peanut butter - except perhaps for the smirk ;) Fortunately it's nearly all gone

Alpen light bar before bed xx

Last edited:
:rotflmao: Gotta laugh at that lol xxx

Had little 'pick' today. (Tuesday 8th December)

Breakie (early) - Usual weetabix etc

Went to my son's to look after youngest grandchild for the morning. Hadn't been there long when i got that horrible shakey low-blood-sugary feeling so had a cheese slice and 3/4 of a banana. (Baby ate the rest) - oh and before I left there had to have a slivver of the cake the other grandson had 'made' at nursery.

Lunch - chicken salad wholemeal wrap with extra light salad cream

Tea .... some sort of fish with veg. Tbh I don't feel like eating - I found out this afternoon that one of my best friends has thyroid cancer ... don't have any details but just the info has stunned me. However I DO feel like a drink and will therefore have tea ***big sigh***

Is it me or has anyone else noticed a lot of death around this year ... with celebs I mean although my year stared in January when my bestest and only remaining schoolfriend (of 43 years) died of ovarian cancer. Then we've had Jade Goody, Michael Jackson, Patrick Swayzee, Farrah Fawcett, Steven Gateley, Edward Woodward and Blanche (from Corrie) .. I'm sure there's more but they're the ones that impacted me ..... Don't mean to sound maudlin' but what a year! :( xx

Super - 2 oatcakes. 1 with egg & bacon sandwich filler & 1 with houmous

Last edited:
Had little 'pick' today. (Tuesday 8th December)

Breakie (early) - Usual weetabix etc

Went to my son's to look after youngest grandchild for the morning. Hadn't been there long when i got that horrible shakey low-blood-sugary feeling so had a cheese slice and 3/4 of a banana. (Baby ate the rest) - oh and before I left there had to have a slivver of the cake the other grandson had 'made' at nursery.

Lunch - chicken salad wholemeal wrap with extra light salad cream

Tea .... some sort of fish with veg. Tbh I don't feel like eating - I found out this afternoon that one of my best friends has thyroid cancer ... don't have any details but just the info has stunned me. However I DO feel like a drink and will therefore have tea ***big sigh***

Is it me or has anyone else noticed a lot of death around this year ... with celebs I mean although my year stared in January when my bestest and only remaining schoolfriend (of 43 years) died of ovarian cancer. Then we've had Jade Goody, Michael Jackson, Patrick Swayzee, Farrah Fawcett, Steven Gateley, Edward Woodward and Blanche (from Corrie) .. I'm sure there's more but they're the ones that impacted me ..... Don't mean to sound maudlin' but what a year! :( xx

Last year was like that for me it felt like everyone was dying or had cancer, my dad had cancer last year (caught early so in the all clear) and lots of people in my family died so it started to seem like either everyone was sick or dead. I guess sometimes it just feels like dat.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend but there is hope my friends mother has been battling cancer for nearly 2 years and she was given less than 6months to live there is always new treatments becoming available. And don't get to scared or worried without all the facts coz sometimes its much worse in our heads. :)

Seems like this year started badly wit your bestest friend dying :( but I guess we all need to look on the bright side I bet she would be extremely proud of what you have achieved. We need to TRY see the good coz everyone knows the bad seems more powerful at times.

Oh and your pick was very little so your new way of thinking is definitely helping you. God Bless books. xxxx

Thanks A-M I normally am very positive and count blessings because I'm a great believer in the Law of Attraction ...... sometimes it's easier than others tho' :eek: .... Sorry you had a bad year last year xx

(have finished off last night's bottle and opened another :()

Ah your grand everyone had some negative moments. Once your enjoying your wine that's all that matters. xxxx

Ahhh jan :( Sorry about your friend, hopefully s/he will be ok :) Found out my grandad had throat cancer this year and only because my grandma pushed and pushed the doctors and told them his voice and laughing wasnt right and eventually after months of trying to persuade them to look at him properly they found he had cancer! He was treated and is ok for now :) Hopefully the same will happen to your friend and that they will recover quick sharp :D :hug99:

Last edited:
Thanks Tan ... apparently it is completely curable and she's very positive so that's great news.

Wed 9th Dec

Breakie - usual weetabix etc

Lunch (out) Tuna & mayo sandwich & side salad. 3 quavers. Tiny bite of a chocolate muffin.

plum

Tea - (out as well) - just had a starter - potato wedges with cheese & bacon & garlic mayo dip.

wine will be imbibed :eek: xx

Edited to add - Keep forgetting to flippin' say!!! Grandchildren bought us an advent calendar - first one I've had for YONKS!! I'm trying to be fair to DH but I have to confess I've had the choccie more days than he has. Weeeeeeel it's thorntons - wasted on him :). However I DO think it's teaching me moderation. I can't have more than the one - hopefully I'm learning that I don't have to stuff myself and have everything in sight once I've started. I can just have a little ... fingers crossed ;) xx

Supper - 3 oatcakes, 2 with houmous & 1 with egg & bacon sandwich filler

Last edited:
Thanks Tan ... apparently it is completely curable and she's very positive so that's great news.

Biiiiiiiig thumbs up! (Y)

Edited to add - Keep forgetting to flippin' say!!! Grandchildren bought us an advent calendar - first one I've had for YONKS!! I'm trying to be fair to DH but I have to confess I've had the choccie more days than he has. Weeeeeeel it's thorntons - wasted on him :). However I DO think it's teaching me moderation. I can't have more than the one - hopefully I'm learning that I don't have to stuff myself and have everything in sight once I've started. I can just have a little ... fingers crossed ;) xx

Wahey! you get one for the first time in yonks and this is the first year i havnt had one :( *sniff sniff* Glad tis having a positive effect and helping you learn you dont gotta scoff everything in sight :) (Y)

Awwwww poor you ....... probably thought they were doing you a favour! xx

That is fantastic news about your friend.

Yeah I defo think knowing wen to stop is very important everytime i have something I'm thinking in the back of my head ah just one more like biscuits I have two and i think ah just 2 more ( i dont have them but why do i always think like that). I think its a great BIG achievement to stop and then think one is enough.

Thurs 10th Dec ... funny old day foodwise.

Breakie - usual

Went to hairdresser and then shopping. Before I got to town I was feeling that horrible shakey feeling again so as soon as I got there i went for coffee and had a piece of toast. I then shopped for England and found i wasn't hungry till after 4pm when all I had access to was a Mcdonalds. I had a hamburger (lowest calorie option) and coffee.

Tea - Pollock with a broccoli topping with broccoli & leek. Large choc off advent calendar.

Wine ...... :eek:

3 oatcakes - 1 with egg & bacon sandwich filler, 2 with houmous xx

Last edited:
Maybe you should get your blood sugar level's checked coz you seem to be getting shaky quite a bit or maybe your blood pressure is low dats what happens me all the time and i have low blood pressure. I was so tempted to get a mcdonalds or burger king i was running around like a loon trying to get a cardi for my outfit for my christmas party and was so hungry and all i could see was fastfood. I was good thou just binged on apricots again. Won't buy them again I can't stop wen i start. haha! Hamburger isn't too bad anyway its only bad coz half the time ur hungry an hour later so may as well be empty cals.

I got the blood sugar checked recently ... I DO have low blod pressure - always have had but it does seem to be happening a lot more lately :eek: ..... I can go a long time after it though. That happens about 2 hours after I've eaten and then I can go 6 hours and not even get hungry! It's me age dear!! xx

I got the blood sugar checked recently ... I DO have low blod pressure - always have had but it does seem to be happening a lot more lately :eek: ..... I can go a long time after it though. That happens about 2 hours after I've eaten and then I can go 6 hours and not even get hungry! It's me age dear!! xx

Jan, that is exactly how I get sometimes, a couple of hours after breakfast and then I have to eat something to stop the shaking. I am then fine all day afterwards.

Jan, that is exactly how I get sometimes, a couple of hours after breakfast and then I have to eat something to stop the shaking. I am then fine all day afterwards.

AHHH! See? Must be an age thing ..... ***ducks to avoid low flying objects*** ;) :)

Friday 11th December

Breakie - usual weetabix etc

Lunch - Bacon & tomato relish toastie in Tescos

2 teaspoons of peanut butter

Tea - Diced turkey slow cooked with courgette in a tin tomatoes, thickened with bisto granules, 3 new potatoes. Large choc off advent calendar :eek: (all gone now - only normal little ones left apart from one with Nanny & Grandad on that we'll have on christmas day.)

Taking quorn fajita strips & salad with extra light salad cream in a wholemeal wrap and a plum to work.

Brrrrrrr!! It's cold tonight isn't it? I'm envious of all of you who are in for the night!! Spare a thought for those of us having to go out in the cold to work! ;)

O-OH!! Bad start to the night - went to Mum's for a while before work - had a (very posh) choccie off her tree and a mince pie :(!!

Last edited:
Back