JanD's Maintenance Diary, wk 25 onwards.

Mince pie :drool: hehe

And oh my word, its very very cold! I struggled to get out of bed this morning!!!

Oooooo poor you having to drag yourself out of bed so early .... almost easier not to go to bed - not a bit practical though I realise! Hope you weren't iced up! xx

Lol I'd bbe falling asleep on my keyboard if I dint sleep lol
no ice thankfully, just very nippy :( you have much planned this weekend jan?
Xfactor finale!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christmas is the chocolate season isn't it. It's everywhere. came home to a big hamper with lovely chocolate biscuits and luxury chocolate sweets and fruit and nuts covered in chocolate. luckily I didnt even think twice about them coz i'm still suffering from yesterday's bad food haha!

Hope you too didn't freeze in work last night. xxx

LOL! It WAS cold in the night but not too bad. Tonight when I came out about 10.45pm my car was iced up so I ended up being late for work :eek: - I suppose I should have thought about it - but I didn't. I hate it when I come out in the morning, all I want to do is get to bed and I end up having to de-ice and then sit freezing with the demisters blowing cold air (initially) while the insides clear BRRRRRRRRR!!!!

My plans this weekend Tan? Work and sleep mainly :( - I do have to get up early tomorrow to go to my grandson's 3rd birthday party. The good thing about that is it means I'm not going to my mother's in the morning coz I won't have time - which means I won't eat anything extra! This morning I had a toasted bun with clover on and 2 posh biscuits :eek: ..... I didn't have any breakfast when I got home though - didn't need any! (though I DID have my advent choc ;))

Didn't sleep too well today - don't know why, just one of those things.

For tea had ox tail which I'd slow cooked with onion and a pouch of mushroom soup, served with carrots and then a piece of pumpkin & sunflower bread to soak up the gravy ... yum! xx

Edited to add - brought an avacado salad wrap and a plum to work. Have had them together with 4 squares of wholenut choc and a mars bar out of a multipack (so not full size - but not funsize either :eek:) xx

Last edited:
Mars bar ............ hope it was from the fridge :drool: lol

So your not watching xfactor then jan?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O lol

I hate waiting for the car to get warm in the morning its terrible. Woke up to a lovely white estate this morning pity it was just thick ice not snow hahaha! wow mars bar i'd say that was yummy i used to have to be in the mood for one of them coz they are so luscious.

I must try that pumpkin and linseed bread i keep forgetting to buy it.

Hope you slept better today. xxxx

Thanks AM - I probably would have slept better but had to get up to go to grandson's birthday party - always the way eh?

The bread (as far as I know) is either the Burgen's Soya & Linseed or Morrison's Pumpkin and sunflower seed, mind you - your combination sounds good too!! :)

Tan - I didn't watch X Factor last night but I did tonight :) And no the mars wasn't from the fridge fortunately :) - I don't like them chilled - probably would have still eaten it though! :)

So today - Sunday 13th December.

Breakie - Usual weetabix etc.

When got up to go to party - Piece of aforementioned Morrison's bread with a spoonful of Cheese & onion sarnie filler

At party - 1 chip

Tea - cheated and went to a carvery on the way home save cooking - had a full roast dinner with all the trimmings except for yorkshire pud (only coz they'd run out!) and onion gravy.

Later on - ALpen Lite bar.

Brought to work - Quorn fajita strips & salad wrap with extra light salad cream And 2 plums. xx

Well ... had toasted bagel with low fat philli at Mum's ... but still had 1 weetabix, raspberries, splenda & skimmed milk when I got home

In Bed all day - got weighed when I got up. Disappointed but not entirely surprised to have gained 1.6lbs ... I think I took 'having what you want' to too far a degree - I think I may have been 'testing the boundaries' if you like - a little too far apparently. I DID have a lot over the weekend so I'm fine with that.

Tea - Sole fillet with cabbage & leek & some wine.

Wine :eek:

Edited to add - for no other reason than total defiance at the gain, I had a mince pie and a chocolate biscuit before I went to bed.

Last edited:
Well this'll be a short one today.

Woke up feeling really sick - tried to work through it but couldn't - gave in and went back to bed. Have slept off and on all day and am now just left with a headache. Haven't eaten anything - couldn't have. All I've had is some water and I'm about to try a cup of black coffee. If that's okay I may have a piece of dry toast later.

Hope you're all okay - it's very quiet around here at the mo isn't it? Busy with Christmas I suppose. I'll have to try to catch up tomorrow with what I couldn't get done today and then back in work tomorrow night. xx

Well this'll be a short one today.

Woke up feeling really sick - tried to work through it but couldn't - gave in and went back to bed. Have slept off and on all day and am now just left with a headache. Haven't eaten anything - couldn't have. All I've had is some water and I'm about to try a cup of black coffee. If that's okay I may have a piece of dry toast later.

Hope you're all okay - it's very quiet around here at the mo isn't it? Busy with Christmas I suppose. I'll have to try to catch up tomorrow with what I couldn't get done today and then back in work tomorrow night. xx

Hope you feel better hun! Hope you get threw it fast! Hate being sick. xxxx Sorry bout the gain but dat will be off in no time its nothing really. You done really good with your new outlook and you were bound to go too far in the first week (remember your words to me).

Feel better soon and drink lots of fluids.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks AM :) x

I'm here just not posting much as I'm just
too tired I've still been Reading yer diaries though :)
it is a bit eery (sp?) round here lately though ain't it!
hope you feel better now jan? And I know all about
eating in defiance to the gain and actually a loss lol

Woke up yesterday feeling a lot better - not 100% but well enough to take Mum out and do some shopping.

Had doc's app at 5.20 - follow up of ongoing investigations into my joint problems. She was feeling a bit of a lumpy thing I've got in my neck and for no apparent reason said 'what about your lungs'? - I then went on to tell her about odd times in the last few weeks when I've felt I couldn't breathe properly and that it hurts on left side when I take a deep breath and I ended up at the hospital for 7.5 hrs last night and another 4 hrs this afternoon :(

I've had all kinds of tests, a CT scan the lot, they haven't found anything thankfully, except an elevated something or other in one of the blood tests but, though that can be caused by blood clots - I haven't got one - well not in my lungs anyway! :) All we can do is keep an eye on the symptoms but I'm sure it's nothing.
So I suppose I've had a bit of an MOT and 2 unexpected nights off work but I'm worn out with it all and the stress of it and a bit behind with the Christmas prep now so will have to try to catch up tomorrow.

Foodwise?
As far as I can remember - yesterday I had my normal weetabix etc breakie except I only had 1 weetabix coz didn't feel 100%
Lunchtime I shared a BLT in Sainsbury's with Mum and had 2 bitesize shortbreads in Costa Coffee.
Evening - all DH could find in the hospital was an egg & bacon buttie and a coronation chicken buttie. Had a bite of the chicken one but didn't like it so had about 3/4 of the egg & bacon one.
When we got home (about 01.40am) I had 2 oatcakes with stilton and a V large Vodka & coke zero.

Today (Thurs 17th)
Breakie - 2 weetabix etc - stomach better now.
Grabbed a piece of bread with cheese & onion sandwich filler on before leaving to go back to hosp for scan. Had kiddies little snack box of sultana & apple while there.
Tea - DH made chilli which we had with some fried rice which has been in freezer since our anniversary take away.

Having some wine too! xx

Alpen light bar

Edited to add - another piece of bread with cheese & onion sandwich filler before I went to bed :eek:

Last edited:
Awwww jan :hug99: I had wondered where you had gotten to!!!!! Glad all is ok though :)

Thanks Tan ... I feel a bit of a fraud that I've taken up all that time and those resources unneccessarily but at the same time nobody knew it would turn out to be unneccessary and as far as I'm concerned it was the best outcome - apart from losing my night allowance for 2 nights ;) (bit of a mystery though :eek:)

Goodness Jan!!! You have been through the wars my swetie...I kept thinking if you were ok when you said you just werent feeling 100% and off your booze :)!!!

At least you have had a good MOT! Which is good, but yes, the stress certainly does take its toll, even if we think we are not worried.

Just take it easy and try and relax (if you can)!

Thinking of you.

Take care

Id rather lose 2night night allowance than find out later on down the line ive a blood clot mrs! :D

Thanks Iris - how well you know me to know I must have been ill if I was off the booze :eek: :) !!!

Tan - I totally agree .... but I didn't have one, which is why it's a bit of a pain to lose the money but obviously I'm grateful to have been checked out.
BTW - how rude was I last week?? I didn't make any comment on what you said about your grandad and his cancer .... I'm so glad they were persistent and he got sorted!! Sorry about that - dunno where my head was! xx

Food for today - Friday 18th December

Breakie - Usual weetabix etc.
Lunch - Tin of Baxter's chunky vegetable soup & piece of toast with cheese & onion sandwich filler on.
Tea - Lightly dusted river cobbler with stir fried veg.

At mum's before work - 3 posh tree chocs and a Milk Tray choc (DANG XMAS!!! :))

Have brought to work a ham salad wholemeal wrap with extra light salad cream and 2 plums. xx

Saturday 19th December

Had a dairy milk miniature before I left work :eek:

Breakie - at mum's had a toasted hot cross bun with clover
3 hrs later but still before I went to bed and therefore classed as breakie ;) 2 oatcakes, 1 with quorn pate and 1 with cheese & onion sandwich filler
Tea - baked salmon and roasted courgette & vine cherry toms
Alpen light bar

Wine xx
Edit - 2 tree chocs :eek:

Last edited:
Back