JanD's Maintenance Diary, wk 25 onwards.

hey Jan!

Atleast you really are picking at the crumbs of everything and not munching the lot!!

its really hard to not pick around children because half the time they want to see you eat before they will.. and once your pop you just cant stop!

Hmmmmm trouble is it's escalted somewhat :(:(:(

Since I last posted I've had 4 shortbread biscuits, 2 small gingerbread men, a piece of bread with clover & jam, 2 pink wafers (had 2 of them last night too - forgot about that :eek:)
Ate the turkey casserole with a few small new potatoes and then half a piece of bread to soak up the gravy. Then did everyone else mince pies with custard, had a few crumbs of pastry and a couple of spoons of custard.

Ho hum .... :eek: xx

Right picky day today jan :giggle: dont worry we all have them!! :D

I know ...... it'll pass I suppose. I think it's coz I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself, I've got THE worst sore throat and I can't shift it, I've tried everything, gargling with soluble aspirins, tyrozets from pharmacy and almost every other throat lozenge you can name.
I'm also feeling a bit 'badly done to' .... you know the feeling, fixing everything for everyone and them not even noticing you're not too well. Put all that together with lack of sleep coz of having to get up at the crack of dawn even tho can't sleep properly coz of throat, coughing etc and I suppose you could say I'm a bit down in the dumps :eek:

Ah well, it'll pass, a few vitual hugs would be nice to keep me going (and maybe some more bread & jam ;) JOKE!! :):)) xxx

Awwwwww thanks for the hugs :)

Haven't got either of those things I'm afraid ..... clear diet lemonade & jam are the nearest ;) ;) xx

Damn!

Well if your still feeling ill tomorrow

get some cloudy lemonade and add a bit of honey and heat in the micro for one minute!

It really clears your chest and throat!

Ah thanks Chelly I will - I wonder why it has to be cloudy lemo? x (not that I care ;)) x

Did you say you wanted a hug!!!

:hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99:

awwww...Jan, hope you are feeling better soon..you have had a bit of a hard time recently, so need to take care of that wee bod of yours!

It is only cause you feel so poorly that you are nibbling....once you are back to full health, you will be ok!!!

Ah!! I see! Thanks Chelly.

And thanks Iris I really need those hugs :eek:

As it kills me to swallow I decided I might as well be swallowing something other than boring old saliva so have had 2 v&cs and a piece of bread with clover and corned beef. Passed caring tbh x

All joking aside, it is understandable.....I am like that when I feel crap! I feel sorry for meself and then I just want to comfort meself too and then eat...

You need to start to slow down missy!! you are just doing too much running around !!!!!!

Agreed with Iris there Jan!!!

And yeah i dont blame you for not caring!! worry about it when your better :)

:giggle: might as well have the v&c's hey!!!!! Jan you do make me chuckle!!

Anyways - some little burdy told me some virtual hugs was requested ...............

:hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: x99!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Hope you start to feel better soon my sweet :D :D xxx :hug99:

Awwwwww you're all lovely ... thanks everyone.

Had to get up & take DD on her round again and had something else I HAD to do this afternoon but now I'm in. I've rung in sick - I have huge white spots on the left side of my throat and I'm coughing for England. I got the cloudy lemonade and honey (thanks Chelly), some more lozenges, a bottle of Ribena, more paracetamol and a great big jar of Echinacea capsules. I'm having a chippie tea :eek: and then I'm getting in me jammies and have no intention of getting dressed again till Monday!
Foodwise today?
Well as I said I'll be having something from the chippie in a bit.
This morning I had my weetabix and I also had a piece of toast.
Lunchtime I had the sarnie of the day in Pret a Manger which was loads of ham, salad, parmesan and mayo on some gorgeous nutty bread.
I wish this damn whatever-I've-got was putting me off my food!!!! :(

Hate moaning - will try to stop soon :eek:

Thanks for all the hugs peeps :):) xx

If its a cold though Jan you should feed it right??? any excuse :giggle:

Good for you ringing in sick, and after work tomorrow im home, shower, jim jams on untill tuesday - we got it sorted havent we?! hehe

xxxx

We can be founder members of the jim jam club. AND I might join you till Tuesday!!;) Things to do on Tues though so better be good by then!! :)

I NEVER call in sick so they knew it must be bad. xx

Well arent you a little hard worker never calling in sick!!!! :giggle:

Jan i :heartpump: jim jams! I live in them!! I only wear clothes outside the house otherwise i sit around in me jammas! :giggle: Nout cosier!!! :p

Hope you get better soon though mrs :) Maybe another v&c might numb the sore throat?!!! Just a suggestion! ;)

LOL!!! Don't worry! People keep suggesting whiskey - which I can't stand ... vodka may be a very poor substitute but I'll force myself ;) xx

Back