JanD's Maintenance Diary, wk 25 onwards.

Thanks Jan, Xmas was fine without the weed, I still get the odd craving now and again, but its nothing major. I am determined to never smoke again and also determined to get back to my 10 stone mark before the middle of February. Resolutions, resolutions, resolutions lol.

Have a happy new year if I dont get to catch you online before then.

Fags to our agegroup Tan - no doubt it means something else these days ..... ;)

I'm also old enough to remember when 'gay' meant happy and 'the sh1t' meant bad OH! except 'bad' now means good too ...???!!! Oh I give up :eek: xxx

lolololol weed is whacky backy (marawana - or however its spelt!) ;)

And i say 'bad boy' which means somethings amazing/really good lol

Well talk about a short, sharp shock to jolt you back to normality :eek:

I went to Tescos this morning on my way home from work. I was about half way round the store when my chest started to feel a bit uncomfortable. I carried on but started to get a bit scared to be honest because the pain got worse and worse. I was beginning to wonder if they'd missed that blood clot they looked for 2 weeks ago.
I made my way back to the medication aisle and opened a box of deflatine and took 2. I was feeling so awful I found a member of staff and asked them to help me. Sounds dramatic I know but the pain was frightening.
All kinds of things were running through my head - you can imagine. The girl sat me down and went to get me some water. She then was on her way to get the pharmacist but bumped into a first aider who talked to me and then put the call out for another first aider to come as well. But then - as fast as it had come the pain suddenly went away .... damn good things those deflatine!! ... Eventually ... :)

It was a real wake up call. I've been abusing my body and it finally protested! So I'm back to normal ... not 'catch up' just 'before Christmas normal' - I may well tighten up more after I've been weighed on Monday but for the weekend at least I've pulled back the reins.

I actually feel as though I've been ill and now I'm on the mend .. do you know what I mean? I suppose it's like relief?

PHEW!!! That's all I can say :):) xx

lolololol weed is whacky backy (marawana - or however its spelt!) ;)

And i say 'bad boy' which means somethings amazing/really good lol

BTW Tan - I think it's really 'bad' ;) that you can't spell marijuana :) xx

Oh Jan sweetheart....I hope you are ok!! You must go back and see the doctor though, just to be on the safe side.

That must have been really scarey stuff.....and you did the right thing.

Only you know what you have to do, but make sure you just take it easy......

Thinking of you.
:hug99:

Ah Thanks Iris ... I DO know it's to do with my stomach because I've had a glass of wine and I can feel the pre-heartburney sort of feeling that I used to get a lot before I lost the weight - I used to live on Deflatine then which was why I went straight for it in tescos. It just shows me how baaaad I used to treat my body ALL the time. Now it can't take it for more than a week (thank goodness in many ways :eek:)

Thanks for your concern. I really appreciate it xx

so long as you are ok...and you start looking after that wee body of yours!!! It is times like this that make us stand up and realise we cant do it any longer - eh! Sometimes not a bad thing at all.......roll on Monday, eh!!

BTW Tan - I think it's really 'bad' ;) that you can't spell marijuana :) xx

hahahahahahah :rotflmao: i was never really good at spelling words that didnt look like they sounded! :giggle:

JAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!
I hope you are ok now after you're ordeal ..... HUGE :hug99: :D :D :D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Roll on Monday indeed Iris ... I'm bracing myself already ;) xx

Ha Ha .... I'm fine thanks Tan ... hasn't stopped me having some wine ... purely to see what effect it might have on my digestive system you understand ;) xx

Ha Ha .... I'm fine thanks Tan ... hasn't stopped me having some wine ... purely to see what effect it might have on my digestive system you understand ;) xx

well gotta test the water (or wine ;)) aint ya!!!! :rotflmao: xxx

Happy New Year Jan and glad the pain went away as quickly as it appeared.

True what you say about the abuse we put our bodies under, I only have to look at a sausage roll to have heartburn - well maybe add some crisps, nuts, fruit cake, chocolate biscuits, fried foods......etc etc.........needless to say I had to buy a packet of chewy rennies the other day too.

Good luck for Monday.

Thanks Mary - I sneaked a preview this morning, wrong time, wrong clothes, wrong scales etc etc etc but it's looking like it might be about half a stone :( ... xx

It could possibly be water retention and bloatedness too Jan, I am sure it wont be as much as that come tomorrow.

It could possibly be water retention and bloatedness too Jan, I am sure it wont be as much as that come tomorrow.

Absolutely. Much of that will be water. Maybe a tad of fat...but not enough to panic over.

Try to get back to 'normal' eating and I bet it'll come off. Don't eat to please the scales. Focus on getting back to your eating routine as before, that way you'll see what is fat and what was water. You can adjust your calories or whatever gently if there is any fat. Much better results long term that way.

Just my opinion and all that ;)

And a very valued opinion it always is KD, thank you.

Well it wasn't quite as bad as I thought - a gain of 4.6lbs. I DO intend to just go back to my 'normal' eating and hope it gradually comes off. The only ickle fly in that ointment is I'm going away with a friend for a few days on 26th and I'd really like it to be off by then - but I'm not going to panic about it. xx

Jan!!! just over 4lbs!! eh - I am not being your friend any longer ;-)!!!! HAHA.....ONLY JOKING!

well, all I can say is brill news - now, if you stop drinking for a few weeks :) I am sure that will come off quite easily!

Oh, I am really pleased Jan, that is good news........given you a boost really cause you thought at least half a stone.

Have a good week!

Only 4.6lbs .... brilliant!!! *thumbs up* Thats not much at all .... :D

Back