JanD's Maintenance Diary, wk 25 onwards.

Ha Ha ... Yes I keep saying I must do something about the booze!!!

I was 'good' over the weekend so that gain probably IS fat and may be slow to come off but I AM quite pleased that I haven't wanted to go down the route of trying to compensate and get it off as quickly as possible. I feel as though that's a bit of a breakthrough in a way.... How I'll feel if it doesn't shift at all is another matter ;) xx

Thanks Tan ;) xx

So today ... Monday 4th January 2010 (!)

Breakie - very late, got up late - 2 weetabix, blueberries, splenda & skimmed milk.

Tummy started rumbling just as I was planning to go out to Asda about 2.30 so I had a quick low cal cup-a-soup. Then at about 4.30 I felt the same way so I had another. Not ideal I know.

As I type DH is making Chilli for tea which we're having with lemon & coriander cous cous.

May have a voddie or 2 later :eek: xx

Edited to add 3 oatcakes with cheese

Last edited:
Lemon & corriander cous cous - did you buy it like this jan? or are you making it like it?

As ive got a bag of cous cous in my staple drawer and on its own its very boring! lol

As it happens it is a bought one but nothing stopping you bunging in some lemon juice and dried (or even fresh) coriander to give it a bit more interest. xx

Yup thats what i thought you was doing lol may have to give that bad boy recipe a go! :D

Tues 5th Jan

Breakie - 2 weetabix, splenda & skimmed milk

Lunch - Chilli left over from last night

2 slices of ham & 2 teaspoons of phili

Tea - I have a joint of pork neck fillet in the oven, dunno what I'm gonna have with it yet - maybe open a tin of ratatouille and have some carrots as well? Or I have a bag of mixed cabbage & leek .... hmmmmmm decisions decisions..

I will be having a wee voddie or 2 later but have to be up at silly o'clock in the morning because I've offered to take my daughter on her calls (she's a carer) because I have a 4 wheel drive. Not that that'll guarantee successful journeys but her car will only go sideways where it's parked at the moment and it's s'posed to be worse in the morning :eek: :( xx

Had the pork with the mixed cabbage & leek & some gravy ... feel really bloated after it though :eek: not sure why xx

Ta Iris I have had a jelly baby and a slivver of cheese this evening too but nothing untoward xx

mmmm that dinner sounds beaut Jan!!

*drools*

Guys.. what is cous cous??

I am just loving cheese at the moment. I brought cheese and branston sandwiches for work........loved them, ate them already lol.

Chelly - cous cous is a grain - it just makes a change from rice, pasta etc. x

Mary - hope you didn't make up for your early 'lunch' with anything else later on ;) ... that's what I'd do :) x

Wed 6th Jan

Breakie -EARLY! 2 weetabix, splenda & skimed milk

small banana

Going out for lunch ... was supposed to be for tea but we thought we'd not wait till everything freezes again later!

Will update later. Hope you're all having a good day despite the snow!! (or maybe even because of it! :))

Enjoy your lunch out mrs :) and wrap up warm out there!!!! x

Ta girl ;) ... I had creamy bacon rigatoni (precious litte bacon I can tell you) with garlic bread and a coupla wines ;)

My son rang earlier - his boys' school is shut so as well as ferrying my daughter round again in the morning they are coming tonight and will have to come with us .... I love them all dearly but DAMN SNOW!!!!!!

Will have some soup later probably :) xx

Ta Iris I have had a jelly baby and a slivver of cheese this evening too but nothing untoward xx

Well, that is just not good enough Jan !!! And you were doing so well too :D:D

hahha - methinks those wont affect you somehow...now if you had said a bag of jelly babies and a block of cheese,,,then I would be giving you a ticking off ;)!

Didnt have anything else last night, just the sandwiches and my biscuit, but hey.....I am not even dieting at the moment, making the most of my last few days lol.

Well, that is just not good enough Jan !!! And you were doing so well too :D:D

:p:p:p

Didnt have anything else last night, just the sandwiches and my biscuit, but hey.....I am not even dieting at the moment, making the most of my last few days lol.

Should think so too!! Enjoy! :D

Unfortunately it got to 9pm and I still hadn't had anything since lunchtime. I needed something quick and ended up with 2 pieces of soya & linseed toasted, 1 with light phili & garlic & herbs and 1 with egg & bacon sandwich filler.

I didn't even enjoy it, I just needed something really quickly ... so all in all not a wonderful day but not that bad in the grand scheme of things either. xx

Oh Aye - and a slivver of cheese x

Last edited:
Oh quit the cheese talk people!!! :drool: I'm hanging out for a bita cheese here!!!! :giggle: x

Sorry Tan ;)

Thurs 7th Jan

Really picky day up to now today ;(

Breakie - 2 weetabix etc etc. And then when doing my daughter & grandsons some toast I put the knife in my mouth with clover on and then with jam on :eek:.

Then whilst my daughter was in her calls and I was amusing the boys I had a little tiny box of sultanas & raisins and later on a half coated hob nob.

When we got home I gave the boys tomato & basil soup (4 or 5 spoonfuls for Nan) a corned beef sarnie (4 corners off the corned beef that didn't fit on the bread for Nan) a pkt of cheese puffs between them (half a dozen for Nan) and a piece of Christmas cake each (crumbs off the knife and plate for Nan) :eek: :(

Then I 'offically' had a wholemeal wrap with pork, salad and xl salad cream ..... **sigh**

I have diced turkey thigh and casserole veggies in the slow cooker for tonight.

Will update later xx

Last edited:
Back