tipperary

Gold Member
Only two days left so time to plan your January challenge.
Same format as always, set your own goals for the month and then count down each day as you exercise. Can you beat yourself?

Ready

Steady...

Oh Blimey. I am new to this, but I really want to give it my best shot. I have a lot to lose in every sense!

Frankly my exercising has been NIL for a very long time so I don't want to go at it like a bull at a gate and then fail. I thought I would start by going for 10.ooo steps per day incorporating a brisk ten minute walk to get the heart rate up for the first month.

I that a sensible target?

My addition to January 2018 exercise challenge.
I will generally do 6 Days a Week but occasionally sometimes 7.
I log all my rides on Friendfit.

The only exercise I log is my time on the exercise bike.
My average regarding the exercise bike is now between 43 to 44 km a day.
I do two sessions a day most days @ 35 minutes, 92-100 rpm, 36-40 kph & 120-130 bpm.
I expect to do 26 out of 31 Days.
So I expect 1118 km to be covered during the January period.

Previous Months December 1070 km, November 985.8 km, October 1090 km, September 970 km, August 494 km.
4,611 km covered from August.

I will join but not going to push myself to do it every day.
I will log here what I've done. I'm looking at 3 days a week maybe more if I feel like it.:)

Hula hooping,cross trainer or walking.

OK I failed miserably in December so changing my goals for January. I walk, swim, cycle and use Wii Fit. Instead of setting a km/time/distance target I will just set an amount of times target.

So I challenge myself to exercise 20 times in January.
One exercise session is
Cycle 6km or more
Walk 3km or more
Swim 20 lenghts or more
Wii fit/ dance/ yoga 20 minutes or more

20 to do 0 done

Frankly my exercising has been NIL for a very long time so I don't want to go at it like a bull at a gate and then fail. I thought I would start by going for 10.ooo steps per day incorporating a brisk ten minute walk to get the heart rate up for the first month.

I that a sensible target?

Welcome on board and glad you are joining us. 10,000 is a good target and not always easy to do if you have a sit down job. Best wishes

I suspected I would have to get off my substantial behind a lot more. I am very impressed with the amount of exercise everyone is doing.

Good luck to all including Tipperary, Craftermary & Unconcerned.
It's just a case of managing little steps and gradually build up through time.
Just set yourself an achievable goal and gently increase it the next month.
It does not matter how long it takes to reach your goal.
It's a lot easier to put on weight than lose weight.

Exercise Bike 44.30 km today in a dual session.
Current Distance 44.30 km this month out of 1118 km.
Making a start to this month's target.

I do two sessions most days @ 35 minutes, 92-100 rpm, 36-40 kph & 120-130 bpm.
Weight down to 231 lbs (16 st 7 lbs) from 266 lbs (19 st) next goal is 223 lb (15.99 st)

Can I join?

I would like to give this challenge a go as I am feeling optimistic.

I am completely unfit and out of puff. I have started walking and hoping to do 30 minutes every day...If I can achieve this for January I will be very pleased with myself.

Can I join?

I would like to give this challenge a go as I am feeling optimistic.

I am completely unfit and out of puff. I have started walking and hoping to do 30 minutes every day...If I can achieve this for January I will be very pleased with myself.

Course you can, welcome on board

Exercise Bike 44.57 km today in a dual session.
Current Distance 88.9 km this month out of 1118 km.

Weight down to 231 lbs (16 st 7 lbs) from 266 lbs (19 st) next goal is 223 lb (15.99 st)

RE: Mini

Keep up the good work.
Just set yourself achievable targets and work from there.

Thanks CG:)

I'm working from rock bottom...so unfit, it is frightening....I know when I get a stone off it will feel a lot better.

Baby steps for now.

I am impressed. 30 minutes is a very long time when you are not fit...I know I couldn't have realistically set that high a bar...yet!

Exercise Bike 22.78 km today in a single session.
Current Distance 111.6 km this month out of 1118 km.
Just a single session as migraine, light headedness and feeling sick don't make for doing a second session advisable.

I am impressed. 30 minutes is a very long time when you are not fit...I know I couldn't have realistically set that high a bar...yet!
I'm not moving very fast... it is more of a stroll and I have a couple of stops along the way...I have ordered a new Omron pedometer to keep track of my steps.

Back