Jenny's Core Diary - Back and with a new target!

I do love Ryvitas. I can eat them for England :D

Glad to hear you're enjoying being back on Core Jenny.

mmmm im quite fancying trying the pate stuff! ... I do like ryvita with elf philli! mm yummy! .. sounds like your doing great :)

The pate is so easy to make - literally a pack of smoked mackerel fillets blended with some extra light philly and lasts long enough for the week.

As for the dinner - I can't wait, it's my proper comfort food!

Ah thanks sandy - I tend to cook myself meals I really want to eat or I figure what's the point?!!

One thing I've learnt over all my years of yo-yoing on SW and WW is how to adapt recipes to make them fit with whatever plan!

I'm off to Germany in the morning (well, practically the middle of the night still). I'm going with my dad, brother and sister to see my family over there and i'm really looking forward to it. In order to try and minimise all the sausage, cake and beer that will be consumed i've already made sandwiches for breakfast and lunch for the journey over there. I'm also going to try my best to restrain myself during the day and then enjoy the evenings, at least that way it should help keep things in check a little.

See you all Monday!

hope you have a great time :) xxx

Have a wonderful time in Germany! xx

Have a good time. Great time of year to be going - lebkuchen herzchen, domino steine - mmmm

Notice how I'm not bothered about the beer and sausages but only the choc and bikkies :)

I always loved Germany at Christmas.

Ah there were no christmas markets where I was. Food wise I wasn't too bad, obviously over on points/core, but it was all good food, not so much junk. I did have loads of beer though - Oops!

It was such a nice break, so nice to see my Oma again, she's 87 now and about to go in a home, but she's still mental and 20 at heart! the only downside of the weekend was that the ferry crossing that should've taken 1.5 hours took 5!! as the sea was too rough to enter the harbour, they left us out at sea in what felt like a re-enactment of 'The Perfect Storm'! I didn't get home till 2.30am and had to get up again at half six!

I'm back with it today though - going to make a big batch of chunky vegetable soup for dinners this week.

I've been chatting with a guy on a dating site for a while and he's suggested meeting. No date's arranged yet, but i'm busy this weekend, so i figure the soonest it would be would be the weekend after that. Soooooooooo...........

I'm going to go at the plan 150% to get 7lbs off by then. I described myself as 'curvy' in the ad (well, i've got curves, i've just got extra ones too!) and chose some carefully angled photos, so need to get some chub off to rememble my ad a bit better!

I've had good losses before when i've stuck to the plan properly, so i'm hoping this will focus me long enough to lose 7lbs!

Oooh! details! How exciting!

Glad you had a good time! The ferry journey sounds a bit rough though!

He's the same age as me (28), an illustrator, into lots of the same things like music and films, although he lives a fair distance from me, it's not too far. Tall (for some reason v important to me, as i'm tall!), dark and pleasing on the eye. He seems funny and friendly, so at least if there's no attraction there should still be enough banter to last a couple of drinks!

I've accidentally made myself sound like a complete headcase in some of the emails i've sent him (maybe i shouldn't have revealed my friends and I played 'Pin the leg on Heather McCartney'), but he's still emailing, so that's either a very good, or very bad thing!!

He's the same age as me (28), an illustrator, into lots of the same things like music and films, although he lives a fair distance from me, it's not too far. Tall (for some reason v important to me, as i'm tall!), dark and pleasing on the eye. He seems funny and friendly, so at least if there's no attraction there should still be enough banter to last a couple of drinks!

I've accidentally made myself sound like a complete headcase in some of the emails i've sent him (maybe i shouldn't have revealed my friends and I played 'Pin the leg on Heather McCartney'), but he's still emailing, so that's either a very good, or very bad thing!!

He sounds very nice! Have a good time on the impending date :D

'Pin the leg on Heather McCartney' LOL!!!!!!!!!!

I've been chatting with a guy on a dating site for a while and he's suggested meeting. No date's arranged yet, but i'm busy this weekend, so i figure the soonest it would be would be the weekend after that. Soooooooooo...........

I'm going to go at the plan 150% to get 7lbs off by then. I described myself as 'curvy' in the ad (well, i've got curves, i've just got extra ones too!) and chose some carefully angled photos, so need to get some chub off to rememble my ad a bit better!

I've had good losses before when i've stuck to the plan properly, so i'm hoping this will focus me long enough to lose 7lbs!

*falls about laughing* its like dejavu from when I was single - i met my OH online and I had so many "cleverly angled / cropped" photos on the site I was on haha! I did exactly the same - organised a meet date a month in advance and went 100% on WW to shift some pounds.. I even had regular dates with the gym (which i hate :eek:) the month before I met Matty, and 4.5years later I'm seriously not regretting those trips haha :D good luck with it.. he sounds really nice and if he accepts you pinning Heather McCartneys leg on, all the better :D xxx

Well I had a sneak on the scales this morning and it's done a bit of damage, but nothing I can't undo!

I've got lots of tins of soup and mountains of vegetables i'm working my way through for my dinners this week!

Back