madras paste 2pts
ww naan bread 1.5pts
half pack micro brown rice 2.5pts

Snacks
ww cheese nachos 1 pt
ww choc caramel bar 1.5pts

Total so far... 15.5pts

Seriously 15.5 points??? WTF?? I'd feel faint! xx

I know, I know I really should make more of an effort to eat all my points! I honestly always think ive had more until i actually sit down at this laptop and write down how many ive had!

just means an extra 5 voddies and coke 2moro :D x

Hi
I am starting Weightwatchers diet on monday i am doing it all from home. I am not attending any i am doing it all from books and other peoples help.
I am having hard time losing weight at the mo and i have tryed many diets, so any kind of help will be very welcome.

X

Hiya Kat

I don't go to class either so its definately possible to do it from home and stick to it. Have you done WW before? This forum is absolutely brilliant and will give you all the motivation you need, there is a brill recipe thread too with tonnes of excellent ideas.

ww definately works, i did a few years back and found it pretty easy to get to my target weight after struggling pretty much my whole life with my weight. For the first time i was average size. Put on a couple of stone over few years (not as bad as what i used to be) but need to get back down so im back at ww.

Just ask if theres anything your not sure of. I would say drink loads of water (bout 2 litres a day) if you can manage, it definately helps. You should try and eat all your points too (although i have to get better at that), also try to weigh yourself just once a week, can be disheartening if you jump on and off all time and don't see results straight away (another thing i need to get better at)

Good luck with it hun

x

hi joanne, hows things, just back on line now, hope your weather is improving, have been watching it on tv! it has just been cold in southern ireland no snow!
guess we the wee cafe! you have been out to lunch too today like myself!! post that receipe on the thread and i'll put the chicken chowder on as well tomorrow. hope you have a good weekend:):):):)

Hmm, I think I need to drink more water. Noted. :D

Thankyou,
Im not a big fan of water but will try my best. I need some really cheap and easy recipies so i will try and find the thread for it.

I dont have a clue though of how many points im supposed to have, but i need to lose 4stone maybe 5.

X

Thankyou,
Im not a big fan of water but will try my best. I need some really cheap and easy recipies so i will try and find the thread for it.

I dont have a clue though of how many points im supposed to have, but i need to lose 4stone maybe 5.

X

When I first started on diet (initially with scottish slimmers) I had about 4/5 stone to lose so its totally do able hon!!

Your points will depend on a few things, there is a thread at the top of forum that will help you work out how many points you should be on. Let me know if you cant find it and ill paste it on here for you.

Recipes on here are great, ive also ordered a few new ww books on amazon, quite reasonable!!

If you are not a water drinker you can always add no added sugar diluting juice to it, won't make any diff.

x

hi joanne, hows things, just back on line now, hope your weather is improving, have been watching it on tv! it has just been cold in southern ireland no snow!
guess we the wee cafe! you have been out to lunch too today like myself!! post that receipe on the thread and i'll put the chicken chowder on as well tomorrow. hope you have a good weekend:):):):)

Hiya

Our weather not too bad since mon really, bloomin freezin though!! Think we have to get pretty bad snow 2moro tho, and im off work on monday too :mad: why can't it happen when im supposed to be working!!

Yeh we go to a wee local cafe for lunch on a fri, and guess wot usually get soup, lol. Decided to opt for a salad yest instead, was lovely!!

My ww book came this morning, yeyh!! I'll be trying out lots of new things so will keep you posted on them. Off to post malaysian chicken on thread for you just now. Got friends comin over tonight so trying to save as many points
as possible for a few cheeky drinks.

Enjoy weekend :D x

well for you, have a great evening, just been to aldi got laods of fresh veg etc and salmon and cod there and a bottle of seasme oil, (found a lovely receipe for steak, 'honey and black pepper beef'! now i just logged on to get the details on those desserts u mentioned last week! one of the best books i got on amanzon was 'more winning receipes from our members and leaders' edited by becky johnson i bought it as a 'used book' it was in great condition, try and get that one. there are over 60 receipes in it. a puple cover with a tagliatelle meal on the cover. catch up again over the weekend have a good one!

I cant find the link for the points. :( sorry

My brother just bought me some PDF files off ebay with recipies on and i calculator etc and core foods but no idea how it works, my nan attends weightwatchers and has bought me the starter pack. So il have a read.

x

I cant find the link for the points. :( sorry

My brother just bought me some PDF files off ebay with recipies on and i calculator etc and core foods but no idea how it works, my nan attends weightwatchers and has bought me the starter pack. So il have a read.

x

Right ill try pasting the link to the part of the forum where you can work out points for yourself and the recipes, mite not work so if this message doesn't make sense you'll know why.

Working out your points:

http://www.minimins.com/weight-watchers/20665-working-out-how-many-points-youre-allowed-day.html

and recipe thread on forum:

http://www.minimins.com/weight-watchers/39377-recipe-thread.html

Let me know if it works and hope it helps

x

ps. calculator is essential, couldn't live without it!!

How does the calculator work ? ive looked into the price but i havent got a lot of money at the minute. So ill have to keep an eye out on ebay.
Both links worked thanks :)

I feel much more likely to succeed in this diet now ive found this site. x

How does the calculator work ? ive looked into the price but i havent got a lot of money at the minute. So ill have to keep an eye out on ebay.
Both links worked thanks :)

I feel much more likely to succeed in this diet now ive found this site. x

The calculator is magic. You can keep track of what you've eaten by putting in your points in in the morn and taking off as you eat. It can also calculate the points value of anything, you just put in the calories and sat fat, its brill!!

This site is also a god send

My Long and Bumpy Journey - A new me in 2007
The long and bumpy road

It gives you points value for most takeaways

x

I am going out for a meal for my bday so hopefully beefeater will be on there.
I should really start this diet after my birthday but o well sooner i start the sooner i will lose it. X

Thats the spirit!! Good luck with in on mon, you'll find loads of useful info and advice on this forum. You should start up a diary or food diary to keep you motivated!!

x

Here's yesterdays points;

Saturday
Brekkie
morning roll 2pts
2 ww bacon 1 pt
tom sauce 0.5 pt

Lunch
2 ww bread 1 pt
ww coronation tuna 1 pt
ww cheese curls 1 pt

Dinner
2 tortilla wraps 3pts
chicken in fahitas mix 3 pts
40g half fat cheese 2.5pts
salsa 1 pt

snacks
4 mini eggs 2pts

drinks
4 vodka diet coke 4pts
total 20 pts

v.pleased with myself, managed to say no to all sorts of crap last night included choc rocky road sponge cake and sweet chilli sensations!!

Am planning to avoid carbs as much as possible today and drink a tonne of water, wi 2moro and not feeling confident!!

food so far.......

no brekkie, long lie

Lunch
Tuna salad;
small tin tuna 1 pt
1 tbl spoon low mayo 1 pt
1 tsp olive oil 1 pt
lettuce and onion
pck ww chees curls ( i know carbs
but couldn't resist) 1pt

Will fill in rest later.....

4???? Seriously, is that all? No knickers on heed then? :D

I had two last night and that's without friends round.

xx

Back