Lindsey is losing it! Weight, not marbles.........

Tuesday 11th March

Had coffee with old work mates today and they noticed I had lost weight. Nice to know that it is noticeable to people who don't see you all the time.

Mega busy again today what with after school clubs and swimming lessons. Just sat for half hour to catch up with diaries.

Having a green day today.......

breakfast: branflakes, berries, skimmed milk
lunch: JP, salad, mayo (2 syns)
dinner: JP, salad, cheese, beans, mayo (1 syn)

snacks: banana

not had my second hex b, but not hungry so prob won't bother.

hope everyone has had a good day.

Morning mate.
Isnt it such a good feeling when people notice your weight loss?
You are doing great so you should be proud. :)
Have a good day today what do you planned around the kids?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Morning Bubble. Off to work shortly, then will pop into tesco/aldi on way home as running out of fruit. Eldest son has football tonight so have to get dinner ready for 5pm so it has a bit of time to go down. I am planning cowboy pie for tonight and it is a bit faffy, so will have to get on with it as soon as we get home from school. How about you?

Oooh whats in cowboy pie? Let me know later when you have time.

Im not due in to work til 12 today so will use the morning to burn some of my energy off. I might stick my mp3 on and just walk. Already have the chilli cooking at the mo as i have parents evening at the junior school tonight. Tonight is gymanastic runs for them so not sure when we will actually eat. I like to eat as a family but tonight may be an exception and just all eat as and when! :rolleyes:

Have a nice day, dont spend too much, fruit is costing me a small fortune.:(

Hi I've just found your diary (couldn't see your signature on my ipad app!). Will have a good read through later xx

Oooh whats in cowboy pie? Let me know later when you have time.

Im not due in to work til 12 today so will use the morning to burn some of my energy off. I might stick my mp3 on and just walk. Already have the chilli cooking at the mo as i have parents evening at the junior school tonight. Tonight is gymanastic runs for them so not sure when we will actually eat. I like to eat as a family but tonight may be an exception and just all eat as and when! :rolleyes:

Have a nice day, dont spend too much, fruit is costing me a small fortune.:(

Hi Bubble, hope you gave had a good day. Cowboy pie is a recipe I found on netmums years ago and it just happens to be SW friendly. It's a take on sausage and mash but is tastier. It's great comfort food though.

i grilled 10 tesco healthy living sausages then chopped them up ready to add to sauce. The sauce was 2 onions chopped, 2 carrots grated, 2 sticks celery chopped, 1large pepper chopped small, all softened in fry light, then add 2tsp curry powder and 2bayleaves, tin of chopped tomatoes, tin of baked beans, 250 ML beef stock. Simmer it all then chuck the cooked, chopped sausages in for a bit. Meanwhile peel and boil spuds, I mashed with skimmed milk. Tip the sausage mixture into a warmed cottage pie type dish, spread mash on top, add healthy extra portions of cheese and grill til top goes crispy.

kids love it, and lots of veg hidden inside so good for them too. This made 6 portions, so got some for the freezer too. I had mine with frozen mixed veg.

Hey Lindsey :), well done on your weightloss so far hun your doing so well ! It's lovely when we get compliments from people, when they see us after a long time, it very encouraging and motivates us to keep going :p . I hope you have another smashing loss this week hun. Hope your having a lovely day ! :D

Kay xx

Oooh a recipe to try. Sounds really nice and comfort foody. I like...

That cowboy pie sounds lovely, I wonder if I could persuade my fussy 2 year old to eat it...

Wednesday 12th March

Another lovely day today, took the kids to park after school so they could gave a run around but that made me have to rush everything else after! Went to aldi to get some more fruit and forgot cheese (needed for dinner) and coffee. Doh! Had to dash up to tesco as can't do without either of those things!

I have already prepared tomorrow's dinner. We are having spaghetti Bol. I am cooking it in the slow cooker for the first time so hope it turns out ok.

breakfast: branflakes, berries, skimmed milk
lunch: JP, salad, mayo (2 syns) fruit salad
dinner: cowboy pie with mixed veg (6 syns for cheese)

snacks: none

Lay in bed watching secret eaters, love this show.

I love that show too. Oh my eyes just couldnt stay open last night.

You had a busy day, no snacks? Very good...;)

Hope you have a good thursday. X

I got to see most of secret eaters but had a bit of a dodgy tum last night so missed a chunk of it (sorry!!) I just find it amusing that people are genuinely baffled by how they are putting on weight - I eat rubbish so I am fat, its quite simple really!!!!

Have a good day x

Love secret eaters it's crazy how much they can choose to ignore and forget about :) did they lose weight in the end I missed that bit.

Have a great day xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app
Yes they both lost around 10lbs after 12weeks. Does make me laugh when you see what they have been caught eating.

Thursday 13th March

Well, won't bother doing spag Bol in the slow cooker again. It tasted different, it was too mushy. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. It was one of the cooks at work birthday today and she bought ( or made ?) cream cakes for us, however she knows I am on a diet and made me choc chip shortbread instead. Not sure that is a better option but thought it was really kind of her. I nibbled a bit and bought the rest home. One of the kids will eat it for me. Is that willpower or what!

Breakfast: branflakes, berries, skimmed milk
lunch: JP with salad and mayo (2 syns)
dinner: spaghetti bol
snacks: ML Greek yog (1/2syn) banana, apple, nibble of shortbread 3 syns?

not sure what to do for dinner tomorrow. Maybe egg chips and beans?

Well done on resisting cream cakes and shortbread! Very strong.

I've tried unsuccessfully to do bolognese in the slow cooker too, I think it's because the sauce doesn't evaporate and therefore thicken it just doesn't seem to work. Don't know, I tried chilli too and that didn't work either.

You're right though, you've got to try these things and some people use their slow cookers for everything!x

Back