Lydia's New Year New Me Diary

Hey Lydia, sorry to hear you had a gain but well done on getting your head straight into gear and sorting it out x

Sorry to hear you gained. Well done for not letting it send you off the wagon! It will be off in no time xx

I don't normally say stuff like this, but I am determined to lose 2lbs this week, and I am going to keep telling myself that over and over again. I am going out for a meal on 24th but that over a week away and nothing on this week, so will be very determined and stick to my points all this week.

I am even going to go for a swim tomrrow, the doc knows I want to go back to work on Monday so told me to go for a swim twice this week, just for 15 mins then see how I feel, but heh at least its exercise.

Think I might invest in a WW pedometer, then when I start training for the Moonwalk again I can see exactly how many BPs I have earned walking.

I think I will find it difficult and will have to tackle it like I have never exercised in my life before. Start small and build up over time. Going to start with swimming, even if its just 15-30 mins twice a week, build up on that, then back into the gym just for 20 mins on the bike or treadmill and a few squats and crunches and build up slowly, then hopefully by December/January time I will be able to start the Moonwalk training.

Went for a swim this morning, like the doctor suggested. Did 15 mins then got out, legs were like jelly when I first got out but I recovered in about 15 mins so thats really good news, will do it again on Friday, but looks like I am definintely well enough to go back to work Monday YIPPEE!! I think I even earned 1 BP as well!!!

I made the BNS and Watercress cannelloni last night, oh my god it was absolutely amazing, really enjoyed it. The only thing is that there was so much stuffing mixture that I ended up having an extra tube each so the points went up to 4.5 per serving, go three lots of it in the freezer.

Managed to save 2.5 points from yesterday really pleased with that and wasn't hungry at all.

Food for today:

B - 50g Dorset Spelt cereal (3)
100g low fat greek yoghurt (1.5)
L - Low fat supernoodles (5)
D - Aromatic Quorn Couscous (5.5)
Highlights mousse (1)
S - Milk (1.5)
Ice Gems (1.5)
2 quorn scotch eggs (2)

21 out 21 points

Will save my 1 BP heehee!

B - 50g Dorset Spelt cereal (3)
100g low fat greek yoghurt (1.5)
L - Low fat supernoodles (5)
D - Aromatic Quorn Couscous (5.5)
Highlights mousse (1)
S - Milk (1.5)
Ice Gems (1.5)
2 quorn scotch eggs (2)

21 out 21 points

Will save my 1 BP heehee!

Well done Lydia, you're doing fab! Glad you are well enough to get back to work xx

Thanks sweetie x

I used to be able to do 45mins non stop! It just goes to show how quickly you can lose your fitness levels! Will have another 15min swim on Friday!

Really looking forward to the aromatic quorn couscous have made the quorn mince sauce already (as visit my grandad on Wednesdays and don't like eating late) it smells delicious!!

know what you mean on the swimming front :) if you're trying to build up your time then easiest way is to split it into sections (so say if you do 15 lengths in 15 mins or so, split it into sections of 5) and add one extra length on your back just kicking your legs each section.
Cant remember who told me that but it was so easy to build up my exercise as the length on your back helps you relax and concentrate on your breathing.. did me the world of good :) glad to see you're on the mend :) xx

well done on your swim.... your days food always looks yumm too... how was the aromatic cous cous.... ( always wanted to try cous cous will look out for it next time i shop x)

OMG it was gorgeous, definitely going to have it again!!!

It sounds like you have everything under control :) I think you have spurred me on to start swimming again. I used to swim 4 or 5 times a week for an hour at a time and did around 60-80 lengths (that was before I had kids lol). No I neither have the time or energy but I think I may just give it another shot. I love swimming.

Just out of curiosity - is swimming classed as medium intensity activity?

I think it depends on many things like:

which strokes you do - breast less intensity than crawl

How fast you swim

Breast I would personally put as low (mainly because its my weakest stroke) and back and crawl medium because these are my stronger strokes and I can go faster and put more effort into these strokes.

When I start exercising again I am going to start off just swimming it really is a good exercise.

Not sure if I am going to do the moonwalk now, friends that were going to do it don't have the money to pay for the place tomorrow and I really don't want to do it again on my own - quite disappointed.

Morning Hun,
I am just so unfit i would end up passing out in the pool,i have just looked and we both have 14lb to loose by christmas,do you wanna work together on this and give each other the support? xx

Morning Hun,
I am just so unfit i would end up passing out in the pool,i have just looked and we both have 14lb to loose by christmas,do you wanna work together on this and give each other the support? xx

Gemma that would be brilliant and so helpful definintely for me!! Although one of my best friends is doing WW she only have about 4lbs to go to goal so I feel a bit on my own, I'll PM you with my details, email, mobile etc, thanks sweetie, feel motivated already!!

Hi Lydia

Glad you're getting back on with the exercise, however slowly. Where did you buy the quorn couscous?

Karen - I made the quorn couscous, the recipe is Aromatic Quorn couscous, and I am pretty sure I posted the recipe in the recipe thread, give it a go its gorgeous!!

Well I applied for the moonwalk this morning afterall, one of my friends came through and applied as well. My mum isn't happy though she doesn't think I should do it after having Glandular Fever but I feel I need a goal to work towards otherwise I might never get back to exercising properly, but I am not going to start training for it until December so plenty of time for a bit more recovery, really excited, would like to beat my time from last year (8 hrs 1 min), just want to get under 8 hrs! AND who knows I might be a goal by then and can walk in my bra without hiding underneath a teeshirt!! LOL

Back