Lydia's New Year New Me Diary

I'm always very cynical when they make changes - are we going to have to buy a shedload of new books, new calculators, new scales (if we have the WW ones). I'll stick to what I'm doing now if the changes don't appeal.

PS Run Fatboy Run is great, isn't it?

The cynic that I am - I think these type of companies change things every 2 years for that exact reason so that we have to go out buy all the new books, calculators etc, its a rip of really (I did say that I was cynical), I'm not rich, I don't have a lot of spare cash so I would find it a struggle to replace everything I have already. If they change the points to incorporate fibre like they do in the USA (which I personally think would be sensible as it would encourage us to have high fibre foods to reduce the points value) then I would buy the shopping book and calculator and thats it! Everything else I would get off ebay as and when I can afford it!

Or alternatively I will just carry on with the system I am using now! It works!

My poor baby is poorly - thats my dog Millie by the way, shes my baby substitute. Shes got a dislocated knee cap, doesn't need surgery at the moment, gotta keep her calm, no jumping or running about, shes on anti-inflamatories for 5 days and take it from there. But its got me all upset and annoyed.

You see, she first got a dislocated knee cap when she was 14 weeks old when my horrid EX fiance threw her to the ground and dislocated it! Shes been ok for the past 3 years but it happened again yesterday and this morning, shes put a bit of weight on since I have been ill with glandular fever as I haven't been able to take her out on her 1 mile morning walk every day. She can't walk for the next week but after that when I am back at work, the walks can start again and need to get her weight down which will help her knees.

I don't normally think about my Ex but when this happened I just wanted to punch him and say "happy now? see what you've done" LOL!!! Good job for him hes living in Scotland now!!!

Anyway shes getting loads of cuddles at the moment, even if I am £31 out of pocket, OH and because the original dislocation happened when she was 14 weeks old and within the 10 day buffer period when you take out pet insurance it will NEVER be covered by insurance - the op at the moment is £500 plus, so the vet said its in my best interests to do exactly what he tells met then hopefully she won't have to have the op, poor baby has already had 4 ops in her little life.

Pic of my baby below

Attachments

• 02_03_12.jpg
    02_03_12.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 36
Poor little baba - there's no excuse for cruelty to animals, it makes my blood boil! My ex-husband once kicked our dog out of the way when he was having a strop and I threatened to report him to the RSPCA.

Lovely pic though - everyone should have a little furry friend. Mine is called Ragamuffin (Muffin for short) and his pic is my avatar.

Oh Muffin is such a cutie, I do love dogs.

Very cute dogs! How can someone hurt an animal? It makes me SOOOO made. I hope Millie improves soon x

They are often much nicer than people!

I much prefer the company of my dog to most human beings most of the time!!

Shes had a couple of whinges and screams but seems ok (is asleep in her basket at the moment), its much harder this time round trying to stop her jumping up and down the sofa, last time she was 14 weeks old and couldn't do either!! I'm trying my best though, shes sulking at the moment because her feeds are reduced in size and her treats have been cut down as well! Looks like Millie is on Weightwatchers as well!!

I picked up in M&S their vegetarian keivs, OMG they are gorgeous had one last night will have the other one tonight with mashed potato, veg and gravy. They are 6.5 points each which I didn't think was too bad, really yummy.

Also got some of the Quorn Scotch Eggs, really lovely and only 1 point each - bargain!!

AND finally found some Ice Gems Friday in Sainsburys, brought back my childhood in one bite LOL!!!

awww poor millie..... the veggie stuff sounds nice, will pop into M&S in the morning x

Love nas x

Heya

Just popping into say hello, well done so far you seem to be doing great.

I'm a veggie too, have you noticed the cals in the sausages have gone up??? :(

The WW change thing sounds interesting, I bought a magazine with a WW plan in it recently and it seemed to focus on using your points on low carb/lowGI things rather than whatever you want...Not sure if theyve always advised that but the thing I like about WW is that I can eat whatever I want as long as I stay within my points...

Oh sorry I've rambled on a bit there! Good luck with the rest of your WW journey xxx

Hi Gemma

Thanks for letting me know about the sausages, are these the Quorn ones, I didn't know the cals had gone up? Scandulous!!! LOL!!

I think WW do encourage eating as many low GI foods as possible, theres something about GI in one of the introduction booklets you get when you join. BUT like you say the beauty if WW is that you can eat whatever you want as long as you stick to your points, at the moment I am still struggling to eat fruit (don't know why only happened once I got glandular fever) so where as before my snacks were mainly fruit at the moment they are not and I don't worry about it because I stick to my points.

Like I have said before if we don't like the changes we don't have to follow them we can stick with the system we use now.

I know someone who follows No Count and refuses to transfer to Core because she doesn't like the changes, shes been maintaining for years!

I'm hoping the changes are that the points will be calculated the USA way - incorporating fibre - that would seem sensible to be - BUT I very rarely get my own way LOL!!

Have you tried the Gressingtons Red Onion and Double Cheese sauasages - they are only 1 point each and really tasty.

Exactly!!!

Yes I have some peppered steaks in the freezer, so low in points and really yummy!!

I made the Carrot and Ginger soup out of the new cook book this morning (recipe is in recipe thread), really yummy and zero points, its says serves 6 but I have split it 5 ways to make it a bit more substantial! Gonna have some next week, I'm hoping the ginger flavour will come out even more leaving it over night.

Its weigh in day today, a little nervous, I know I haven't lost any weight at all this week (according to my scales), but thats ok cos its been TOTM, so to stay the same will be good for me as I normally put on a pound or two.

I am going to have a couple of short swins this week to see if I am ready to go back to work.

Can't wait to start exercising again!!

Food for today:

B - porridge with 1 tablespoon greek yoghurt and 3 chopped dried apricots (3.5)
L - Carrot & Ginger soup (0)
D- dunno, might treat myself to a chinese on the way back from WW meeting.

Its weigh in day today, a little nervous, I know I haven't lost any weight at all this week (according to my scales), but thats ok cos its been TOTM, so to stay the same will be good for me as I normally put on a pound or two.

I am going to have a couple of short swins this week to see if I am ready to go back to work.

Can't wait to start exercising again!!

Food for today:

B - porridge with 1 tablespoon greek yoghurt and 3 chopped dried apricots (3.5)
L - Carrot & Ginger soup (0)
D- dunno, might treat myself to a chinese on the way back from WW meeting.

Best of luck for WI!!!xx

Totally gutted I gained 1.5lbs, I know exactly why though (1) TOTM, (2) unfortunate sideeffect of iron tablets :eek: (3) I had a couple of takeaways last week. So no one to blame but myself.

Mental note - must try harder from now on otherwise I won't meet my two remaining mini goals which I really want to achieve by Christmas.

Food for today:

B - 40g Special K sustain (2)
L - Carrot & Ginger soup (yummy) (0)
1 slice bread (1)
1 Yoghurt (1)
D - homemade BNS & Watercress cannelloni (4)
Steamed veg (carrots, broccoli & cauliflower) (0)
Homemade tapicoa pudding (2.5)
S - milk (1.5)
Mini gems (1.5)
2 satsumas (0.5)
Hot chocolate drink (1.5)
2 Quorn scotch eggs (2)

17.5 out of 21 points - got plenty to eat throughout the day so will try to save those 3.5 points as had a chinese last night.

Its so much easier when you plan and are organised to stick to WW so have everything ready to make the cannelloni and will make extra to put in the freezer.

Hey well doen on getting straight back on track it's a new week... even though it's my first week, i also have found when i knwo what i'm eating for the day, it's much easier.... :) x

Back