New and so confused.

Last night I had the most amazing chicken and bacon salad. I finally realised why I love low carb so much! It's really making me want to stop with the shakes and just do low carb. I've actually been craving an omelette! I think I will gain though. Oh I've only got 8lb to go. What do I do????? Someone help

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

That'll be lovely to retire there cheryl! My grandparents often go to France, they absolutely love it!

With regards to ur dilemma with the low carb or shakes.......It depends on what you really want.
U will still lose weight with low carb but it will take a bit longer than it would with doing the shakes especially as there will always be a slight gain when we go back to eating.
8 lbs will not take you long to lose at all on the shakes so as you've come so far with the shakes, ur soooo close to ur goal, it really won't be long until u can re-feed and get back to 'normal' food anyway, therefore is it not worth sticking it out to the end as ur already so close?
So, it brings me back to what I said earlier, its up to you........It depends on what you really want most......(to get to goal quicker or an omelette lol! Just joking, I know there's more to it than that really!) Sorry if I haven't helped much but hope I've helped (at least a little anyway) xxx

Sent from my SM-G900F using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ahh thanks Hun.
My dilemma is the fact that I'm off to France in 2 wks. I WILL be stuffing my face with meats and cheese and the odd drink. What I don't want to do is carry on with the shakes and just eat the next day. The shakes recommend you introduce food gradually. I'm trying to reduce damage limitation lol

Ooooh ok, lol! Sorry!
When I did lipotrim tfr before, I had to re-feed the wk b4 I went on holiday......I still put on 8 lbs tho and I was only away for 4-5 days! Lol! Xxx

The re-feed sheet I used can be found in the lipotrim section of minimins xxx

I probably shouldn't mention the linguine with scallops, prawns and oak smoked salmon in a lemon and dill sauce with crusty buttered baguette I've just made and eaten sat outside the tent with a very cold Pinot noir. !!! ( or the emergency bag of Maltesers I got for tonight. ) xxx

Thanks for that Mel. I will def have a look. I'm expecting a "good" gain while away. It's all the vino, meats and cheeses you just can't live without while in France. Oh and given that we will be so near the border we are thinking of a little tapas place in Spain for lunch one day too!

Sharon, first things first. Unfortunately emergencies DO happen while away. It's a sorry thing to happen but people (usually me) have this tendency to fall over flat on their face onto some chocolate and the fall just makes it fall down into your belly!!!!!! ;0)
The seafood is good Hun but doesn't make me the slightest bit jealous as I don't eat it. But the baguette mmmmmmm. Wine ..... Mmmmmmm. Sat outside means it's all less calories anyway, because I said it does lol. Eat drink and don't feel guilty. Your on holiday. It's what your meant to do. It's law!

That'll b cool popping over to Spain 2! That's a good idea actually :thumbup:

I've started the same thing as u and Sharon today. The 800. What plan r you on xxx

I think it's the same one although Sharon isn't on it, she's on her holiday diet and I'm low carb low fat as much as I can before I go away. Once I'm home I'm straight back to the shakes no questions no excuses. I'm sure Sharon will be the same.
Did you get a discount? They keep emailing me with free next day delivery or £ or % off your next order

I was on the 600 B4 the holiday started, but I was having the odd high protein snack and meal, I do need to get back on it pronto when I get back, sorta wished I had carried on doing it now, feel like I've wasted time and some of the meals I've eaten out haven't even been that nice x

Now now! Then you wouldn't have enjoyed a drink either!!!

No I didn't get much of a discount, was around £5 I think.
I've really enjoyed what I've had today. Couldn't have started on the 600 tho, but gonna get down to that 1.
It's soooo annoying when we eat out and it turns out to not be that great, seems such a waste doesn't it! Xxx

Yes it's not a good feeling.

I've just looked and 3 shakes a day is meant to be 600 a day. I've been adding cals on mfp for milk too but not sure I should be. I'm a little confused

Apparently the calories includes the milk allowance to make them. So if u made the shakes with water, the calories would be dramatically less than 600 xxx

I'm Such a silly cow! I've been adding an extra 88cals per shake with the milk!!!!! I did wonder. I don't like them with water so skimmed milk does me.

Forgot to update you (Sharon's fault for leaving me!!!!). So I saw my neurologist And my reflexes are "dulled" so he's referring me for another MRI of brain and c spine (neck) and some electrical nerve testing! Got to call up for my bloods today as they MUST be back by now. It's been 2wks!
I saw Occy health on tues. My right side is 1-1.5 grades weaker (whatever that means) so I'm to go back on "light duties" for 2 wks. Light duties means 3 on an ambulance so I'm not lifting too much and 2wks means 3 shifts as I'm in annual leave then for my holiday :0)
How's everyone doing? I
Had some terrible news yesterday after I got home but before that we kind of made the decision to move to Eastbourne. Or near. For a number of reasons but would mean I have my In laws for support and my best friend lives there too. We don't live near any family really. My mum lives in the next village to here but like I said I don't get any support! She might move near us or my brother as would be cheaper for her too but I need to do what's right for us.

Hey Hunny, always here for you!!!!, hopefully they are finally getting somewhere with the neurology side of things, fingers crossed for a trapped nerve or something not too bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks babe. You can pm me on here I think but I'm not on fb

Sorry to hear of your situation atm cheryl, things must be difficult for you :-/ xxx

Hey Mel.
I'm ok. I'm the sort of person that has a down moment for 10mins then bounces back and tries to see the good in a situation.
I'm at the point in my life where the decision was made to tell those people that I'm happy to have them
In my life but they will not flitter in and out and upset my children in the way I was hurt as a kid. I've worried about others for too long and now I've learnt to put us first. I do feel selfish but hey it's about time I was the selfish one lol.

Ramble ramble ramble!!!!

Anyway I've just come out in hive while standing on the scales. I knew I was allergic to them!!!! I'm totally gobsmacked. I'm only 3lb up from eating. And I've been eating bad foods! When we went to the inlaws the other day I felt so ill she made me eat 2 biscuits a sandwich and packet of razzles. Then dinner was fish and chips followed by some chocolate cake thing and ice cream!!! I'm still feeling ill from a the carbs. Can't remember the last time I ate bread let alone chips. Oh well. The scales didn't cough hiss and throw me off at least.
I'm in nights tonight so will have omelettes and take a salad with me. Might try and make some crisps (cooked salami and prosciutto) to add to it.

I've no idea how I got through that night shift but just walked in and feel like death! I want to sleep for a year I'm so tired.

Off to bed now. Xxx

Back