New and so confused.

Holy F!!!!, hoping it's not, I'm nursing in disabilities now I have many MS patients, could it be TIA or Hemiplegic Migraine, you need an urgent MRI to eliminate the horrendous stuff it could be trapped nerves, hopefully the consultant will be on the ball xxx here if you need any support xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Thanks Hun. Let me put my list of recent symptoms on and see what you think.

Over the last year I've been under a neurologist. All bloods, MRI scans, neck scans and pin tests have come back clear. I feel at a total loss. I'm experiencing the invisible symptoms and feel like no one believes me. They see I work in the medical profession and I get the impression they think I am making it all up.

My symptoms include

Right leg thigh crawling and itching.
Burning in right palm.
Dizzy spells
Sensitive and painful skin
Tingling in Left side of my face
Pain in shoulder and neck/back
Tiredness
Left eye twitching
Pain in Left arm, feeling heavy, Waking me up and Weakness there sometimes too.
Chest pain mainly in the sternum not specifically caused my anything, will just appear.

I was then given amitriptyline and have been taking it for just over 2mths (it was prescribed in nov last year but I didn't want to take it). Since then I've had the following symptoms......

Tingling in head again
Tingling in left thigh
Chest pains
Cold chill left head
Burning in palms
Itching. Fingers and palms in Pinpointed places
Leg pains and weakness

2wks or so ago I had a very weird episode where my legs went from beneath me and a mum caught me. She put me back in my car and took my daughter to collect my son. A dad came and said I looked like I'd had a stroke so he was taking me in my car to hospital. I first saw a stroke nurse who cleared me of a stroke. Then I saw a dr who said it could be a flare up of Bell's palsy. I had that in 2006 and I never had head pains, tingling in one side, weakness in my legs or the tingling sensation inside my body and that case was so much worse than this! And now today a mum was telling me she was there and She saw it etc but I don't remember most of what she was saying but know it's true as another parent has told me the same thing.

I then went back to hospital on the weds as was told if symptoms persist or get worse to go straight back. I saw a brilliant dr who explained everything to myself and my dh and told me I'm to ask my neuro consultant outright if I have Hi is anyone still on here? I could really do with some help.

Over the last year I've been under a neurologist. All bloods, MRI scans, neck scans and pin tests have come back clear. I feel at a total loss. I'm experiencing the "invisible symptoms" and feel like no one believes me. They see I work in the medical profession and I get the impression they think I am makin it all up.

My symptoms include

Right leg thigh crawling and itching.

Burning in right palm.

Dizzy spells

Sensitive and painful skin

Tingling in Left side of my face

Pain in shoulder and neck/back

Tiredness

Left eye twitching

Pain in Left arm, feeling heavy, Waking me up and Weakness there sometimes too.

Chest pain mainly in the sternum not specifically caused my anything, will just appear.

I was then given amitriptyline and have been taking it for just over 2mths (it was prescribed in nov last year but I didn't want to take it). Since then I've had the following symptoms......

Tingling in head again

Tingling in left thigh

Chest pains

Cold chill left head

Burning in palms

Itching. Fingers and palms in Pinpointed places

Leg pains & weakness

On mon I had a very weird episode where my legs went from beneath me and a mum caught me. She put me back in my car and took my daughter to collect my son. A dad came and said I looked like I'd had a stroke so he was taking me in my car to hospital. I first saw a stroke nurse who cleared me of a stroke. Then I saw a dr who said it could be a flare up of Bell's palsy. I had that in 2006 and I never had head pains, tingling in one side, weakness in my legs or the tingling sensation inside my body and that case was so much worse than this!

I then went back to hospital on the weds as was told if symptoms persist or get worse to go straight back. I saw a brilliant dr who explained everything to myself and my dh and told me I'm to ask my neuro consultant outright if I has ms because the dr thinks I do.
ms because the dr thinks I do.

I'm at a total loss. Been on prednislolne, amytriptiline and now naproxen for the headaches.

Deffo sounds neuro, have they ruled out things like Fibromyalgia and Hemiplegic migraine , there are so many neurological conditions have you had any problems with your eyes?

Could be cluster headaches and some if the other symptoms could be stress related , the parathesia could be a reaction to the anti inflammatories Naproxen is something that causes me to get really bad haematuria ( blood in wee ). Vitamin deficiency and anaemia can cause similar symptoms ie restless leg syndrome , just racking my brains..... Hypothyroidism could present dome similar symptoms but I'm assuming the Drs would have run full blood screens for this stuff xx

My vision does vary shall we say lol. Sometimes it's blurry ish.
I had an MRI scan as that came back clear.

I've only been on the naproxen for just under 2wks and as yet (touch wood) seem to have no side effects from them at all

The first consultant lost my confidence when I walked in and she said "oh so your a paramedic" and then didn't look as though she was paying attention at all. Then her opening Line in her letter to my gp stated "thank you for sending this right handed lady......" Firstly in
Left handed and secondly there's the proof that she didn't even ask the question!

When I was younger, early 20's I had bad headaches and similar symptoms I would get paralysis/weakness down one side, my face would droop, eye would run I spent yrs having LP's n tests everytime it happened, did beta blockers, steroids, amytrip etc , they were thinking MS, lupus, ME and it came back after Zi went to London Migraine Clinic and got diagnosed with Hemiplegic Migraine, yrs later I also got hypothyroidism and Ankylosing Spondylitis which I probably also had yrs ago but it wasn't advanced enough for formal diagnosis xxx

The paralysis is very much, or was should I say, like when I had Bell's palsy previously (2006). The rest of the symptoms aren't all at once. They are very sporadic. They don't prevent me from doing anything and I would say are more if an irritation than an actual pain.

Tbh it really dosen't sound like MS, even relapsing remitting type, when it flares it is painful and debilitating, but that dosen't mean that there isn't some thing going on, have you tried acupuncture for symptom relief ?

Ooooh no! I don't do needles at the best of time. I'm ok as long as I'm aiming the tip at a patient lol.
Don't get me wrong some of the symptoms are painful but things like the burning in my hands is more annoying now. Yes it's really hot to the point I have to hold an ice pack but I just get on with things. I do have a high pain threshold. Guess I deal with too many wimps and put a brave face on it lol. I was in itu for my asthma and discharged myself as I felt better!!! Lol. I don't do sick.

Acupuncture is fab it's not needles like we use they are really fine like hair, much diner than sub cuts, if it works them it's money very well spent , you may even be able to get it on NHS if you have a sympathetic GP x

Hmmmm my dr isn't like that at all. Will see what my consultant says and go from there. I just have no idea what or even why it's happening. It all started with a warm tingling in my back after I had my son.

Morning!
Well got hot hot here again. Just had my chocolate shake for breakfast. Feeling a little low as took a sneaky peak and not lost anymore weight. Feeling like I'm starving myself for nothing. I know I've lost 5lb so should be really pleased but I'm not :0(
It's probably because it's our 10th anniversary today and we can't even go out to celebrate.
How are you doing Sharon?

Hiya I did lipotrim last year and lost 2 stone in 5 weeks, I did it again just recently for 10 days as I'd put a couple of pounds on and lost 16lbs. VLCD are the most miserable diets in the world but with the best results!! I'm back to calorie counting and exercising now, I did low carb after lipotrim and lost another stone but it's not maintainable for me, I need carbs! Stick with it, you'll have good results!

Thanks Hun. That's reassuring. I'm going to keep with it. I need to lose this last stone. It's always the hardest!
You've lost loads. Well done. It's amazing. I bet you feel great.

Hi Cheryl, didn't realize that you're doing the shakes good luck with them. I'm seriously considering it if my weight doesn't start shifting soon but so far happy with low GI/GL along with cal counting but would imagine shakes take all the temptations away.

I too thought of fibromyalgia when I read your symptoms. It tends to move around your body and as far as I know there is no test that can be done to confirm it?

I'm at a loss trying to guess now. I've looked up everything and ended up confusing myself lol.
Yes I'm doing the shakes. Started last fri. I'm going to stick to them for 4wks as that's what I've ordered and then I'm mega close to my holiday (17th aug) so won't diet as I can when in the south of France. Too much fresh bread to go with my meats and cheese and then there's the wine..........hmmmmm France and no wine! That's the old Cheryl pmsl.
When I come back I'm going to do Atkins or Dukan to the letter. Not sure which one yet. I'm going to order both books and have a good read to be sure.
What are you following atm? Have you got much to loose?

Oooh France, I'm jealous we love to holiday there but no chance this year.

Yeah definitely don't want to be on a diet there lol.

Dukan and Atkins are both good choices and your right to wait to decide.

I've got just under a stone to lose but have done for the past 2 years! I gained about 25lbs when my son went to uni a couple of years ago and slowly lost most. I'm doing a low GL diet for last 2 weeks and calorie counting with it. It's lots of veg, some fruit and grains like couscous, bulgar wheat, pearl barley and beans etc all of which I love. It's mostly eating foods that take longer to digest and keep you full and no sugar or white bread, pasta etc. I'm most amazed at how good my mood and energy levels are. With my son home for the summer it's difficult to stick to plan 100% but I'm trying. I'm on mfp as sammycat1 if you want to add me.

Last edited:
Back