New and so confused.

Pmsl. I don't do roughing it either! Went to buy a tent and when hubby found the double sleeping bag I signed for a folding camper. Use it once and got taken by the bug. We've since owned brand new and old caravans and have recently purchased a tec welt bummler (willie bummer or Wilbur to the kids lol). It's lovely and I can't wait to test it for the first time (going away on 24th). It's the perfect layout for us big double at the front, kitchen area, sliding door into bedroom for the kids with 2 large single beds and another sliding door into a lovely big bathroom at the back. Stand in shower toilet and tons of storage. Can you tell I'm mega excited lol.
How will you cope with your shakes when away? I'm going with my old crew mate and she's the reason I got into them lol. She's lost a stone in 2wks!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Wow a stone in 2, that's amazing , it should be easy with the shakes won't be able to do porridge as no microwave, do shakes soups and bars, may have a few low carb meals chicken salad etc too, may get some of the K££ Diet shakes as they are made with water , looks like we are going to Padstow in Aug bank hols in a static for a week so that should be easier x

Now that's what I call will power! I certainly won't be shaking when in France. Lol. Will def be when I get home though!!!!!

Sharon. Really need your help. I'm confused on this whole vlcd and ketosis. I was on the understanding that ketosis runs off your carb intake and not calories. I've just been told that if I replace a shake with a meal I won't go into ketosis. Surely there must be a way? I'm confused

I did the Atkins and went into ketosis on less than 20g of carb a day and unlimited protein and I was eating things like cream in coffee, mayo with salad, cream in scrambled eggs , lots of bacon ham etc etc and mushrooms in garlic butter, I am having a few protein based meals like tinned salmon with 200 g salad or chicken with courgettes on this diet but still having 3 meal replacements so in total not having more than 800 cals

So do you think I could replace some shakes, one every few days or so, with a chicken breast and mushroom or tin of tuna with some cucumber?
I'm mega confused by this "vlcd causes mild ketosis" when ketosis is caused by low carb dieting (or so I thought!)

I would have thought so, one of the VCLD actually recommends you have 200g daily from the list of allowed veg/salad it's on their website it's called the K££DIET without trying yo recommend anything, just the list of foodstuff you can eat, and I just substituted one of the meal packs for some protein

I've been sent an email that states if I replace with a meal then it will knock me out of ketosis and is then classed more as a maintenance than a diet and I will only be in ketosis if I have the 3 space foods a day.
This is why I'm becoming confused.

I'm only doing it like this cus I have a lot to lose and I'm more likely to stick to it this way, you only have 18lb to lose so maybe the three shakes a day is the quickest way to go, but I thought it was about carb reduction and the VCLD was about less than 800cals/day to send you into ketosis, there is a ketogenic diet that body builders etc do and that is eating high protein low carb food .

Ahhh I see. Well I might when I'm away will see how I go. I actually forgot to have my lunch shake today. Not feeling hungry at all. Will see how I go on 3 shakes.

Just joined mfp my id on there is the same as on here. Cherl889

I've lost 10lb in a week!!!!!, but after weeing on the ketostix, I have realised those extra bits of protein I've been having are kicking me out of ketosis, so gonna do the three packets a day for this week and increase my water xxxx

Wow!!!! That's seriously amazing. Well done!!!
I can't believe protein is kicking you out but then when I was logging the space packets onto mfp I realised there is no protein in them

It's very unlikely a bit extra protein is kicking you out of ketosis atall. It's more likely the sticks being inaccurate. Readings can vary depending on the time of day etc. they're incredibly unreliable. If you're sticking to the plan you'll stay in ketosis. Don't waste time and money checking every day.

Thanks Starlight, mind I think I need to be careful or I will soon be into the pork scratchings, high protein no carbs but hundreds of calories and totally addictive x

I can't wait for that lol. I'm only doing my space diet until I go on holiday and as a quick fix after then will continue low carbing as it's the best

Good idea I was doing great with it until my consultant told me to stop and. "Eat like a normal person", long story the twat, sent me off feeling awful and so I stopped and ate what I wanted till I'd put on a stone ..., only 4lb to go and it's gone again.

Pmsl. Eat like a normal person!!!!! That made me laugh.
Well this week should see that 4lb gone. Well done. Your doing really well. While I think of it I wonder if you'll know. I'm bound to be sent for bloods after seeing my neurologist on tues and it's possible that want a diabetes one too. Will this mess up my bloods?
I woke a few times in the night and again this morning with a really muzzy headache. I wonder if ketosis is on the way? I really hope so as I'm as moody as anything atm.

Hard to know as it varies from person to person , as long as you are able to explain the ketones , will they want fasting blood sugars ?, thought they would have informed you of that before so you starve from night before, they do bloods then give you a glucose drink and recheck ur bloods x Neurologist???, hope everything is okay Hun x

No it won't be a fasting.
I'm not sure what the problem is. It's been going on a while all neuro symptoms. Then a few weeks ago I had an episode that I can't explain. The only thing I would say is that if a pt presented to me in the same way I'd be blueing them into the nearest HASU with a ?tia. Can't believe the hospital done no bloods, ecgs or scans. Then I went back 2 days later and the dr pulls out an ECG with my sticker on it. Thankfully it was a very nice nsr BUT who's was it as it def wasn't mine! Then he goes on to read my diary of symptoms and tells me I'm to ask my consultant outright "do I have ms" because that's what he thinks it is!

Back