Non Scale Victories (stolen from another forum)

Finally!!! Someone other than my husband noticed I've lost weight!!! I see my parents almost every day but to be honest the past week I've been wearing new, smaller clothes and nothing from them. Nada. Zilch!! Then tonight, finally my dad said I looked like I'd lost a lot of weight. I was ecstatic! I finally came clean and told him about the diet and he was so supportive. Just need to see how long it takes my mum to notice!!!!!

dads are amazing!! hurray for dads!!

Dahlia Rose said:
dads are amazing!! hurray for dads!!

They sure are!! Until yesterday only my husband knew what i was doing. I know there is no shame in it but I wouldn't have been able to stick with it if people were constantly asking how I was getting on and passing judgement. It's hard enough.

Finally!!! Someone other than my husband noticed I've lost weight!!! I see my parents almost every day but to be honest the past week I've been wearing new, smaller clothes and nothing from them. Nada. Zilch!! Then tonight, finally my dad said I looked like I'd lost a lot of weight. I was ecstatic! I finally came clean and told him about the diet and he was so supportive. Just need to see how long it takes my mum to notice!!!!!

Sometimes peopel who see us frequently don't notice as much and other times they don't want to embarass you but well done it is nice when you finally get the 'have you lost weight?'

They sure are!! Until yesterday only my husband knew what i was doing. I know there is no shame in it but I wouldn't have been able to stick with it if people were constantly asking how I was getting on and passing judgement. It's hard enough.

No I agree there is no shame but the opposition and sabotage you can get from some people made me not tell second time round. No one else needs to know your business!

:8855::8855::8855:

Its mad... i couldn't care less really.... but sometimes its just nice to know you look good (better!) isn't it!??

Is that vain?? Lol...

I don't think it is vain- I think it's human nature- it's evolution- we're programmed to ensure we attract mates (even though we don't want any other than the fabulous one we have).

On the other hand if it controlled everything you do and you couldn't pass a mirror without checking yourself out I'd be telling you to wind your neck in Deezer!!! lol!!!

You've worked so hard to get where you are deezer you should be strutting about like the sexiest thing on legs!! You go chick!! You earned a bit of self adoration x

I don't think it is vain- I think it's human nature- it's evolution- we're programmed to ensure we attract mates (even though we don't want any other than the fabulous one we have).

On the other hand if it controlled everything you do and you couldn't pass a mirror without checking yourself out I'd be telling you to wind your neck in Deezer!!! lol!!!
Ooooh there's no chance of that lovely.... i cant stand lookingin the mirror!!! I get scared lol!!!

Went for a coffee with my friend.... and my a*** fit in the chair comfortably!!!!!

: )

:8855:
I love that Deezer!
I know just what you mean - I used to hate sitting in the backwash chairs at my old hairdressers as it was a bit of a tight squeeze. My stylist moved thankfully and they have bigger chairs but I still struggle with some styles of chairs in pubs, cafe's etc.
Noticed in bath last night though that there was some room between my hips and the sides of the bath so happy with that!:D

Okay guys I have an amazing victory!! I woke up this morning and my belly had shrunk by about half!! I looked so much thinner!! I was loosing faith not sure if I'd make my target or just stay around 12 St forever but I look so much better I mean I can see 60% less fat on my body I am so happy
Love you all dahlia xx

Tried na dress on yesterday that I bought about a yr ago and it never fit, could hardly get it on . Well yesterday I got it on and zipped it up! Bit tight on the old boobies still but I can get into it!

Well done everyone! You're all doing fab!! Xx

A friend of mine works for a snow boarding company.... and last year gave me a gorgeous coat!!! Needless to say i didn't try it on when she gave it to me (Bet she though i was so rude!!! : ( )

Anyway while sorting my clothes out this morning.... tried it on... Fits perfectly!!! Is actually a bit big!! So big warm winter coat sorted!!!

XXX

Long story but gonna give highlights- Friday night stayed in same hotel as international squad, I'm not into them at all bar two who play fro a team I support but the rest of the girls were falling over them. These girls were hammered and throwing themselves at these guys and I come over to encourage the girls to re-join us. The guys asked me to join them (one was quite clear as his words were 'oh hello now this is what I'm talking about- how are you, come over here and sit' and motioned to the arm of his chair – there were only three of them at this stage one quite famous and hot but I advised him I was married and just looking out for the girls. I left and after about an hour I went back to check on the girls and the footballers were looking them to go and eventually I coaxed them away. Later as I was nipping to the ladies which was just past them down the foyer they asked me to join them and I did as I had had a lovely conversation with one of them earlier. Anyhow by this stage a player I am a huge fan of had arrived and I sat and had drinks with him and the rest of the team for about an hour and the nice ones (as a few were cocky gits asking me back to their rooms even though I told them I was married and knew they were too) told me that ‘I wasn’t what they were used to, I was different, normally good looking girls come up all the time and they have no personality but there was something special about me and they were glad that I had joined them for a drink and put the other girls to bed’. They even went so far as to be protective of me when some weird old dude kept following me.

It’s a bit of a weird NSV but to have had the confidence to just go up and chat – tell these guys I’m not interested (which assumed they were) and to sit for ages with a player that I am a big fan of and accept their compliments for what they were was huge- even bigger as they were not interested in my friends as they ‘had nothing worth listening to’..

That's like being in a dream JK!! Wow, what a cool story! Am totally envious! Dying to know who that player was now, though I know you can't say for legal reasons!!!! That will keep you inspired to stay on track for sure!

x S

I'm sort of afraid to and I don't wanna sound like a name dropper. The one I am a fan of I can mention (McCourt). It was very strange I have met the Hollyoaks guys and other celebs before but this was so relaxed and I felt like I had every right to be there.

My mum and wee bro were raging that I met McCourt.

BTW I've just noticed you have a new NSV- your BMI IS BELOW 25!!!!!!!!!!

Back