Non Scale Victories (stolen from another forum)

Yeah I really had to remember that quote on Monday when I was due to start cos I woke up thinking oh sure I'll just start tomorrow instead, then I remembered last winter waddling about like a snowman in all my layers and thought no way, not this year! :)
Good for you!! :) Please keep us posted!

I have run out of eyelets in my belt and need to get new ones punched in:D

three and a half months ago i was wearing a size 24 today i am wearing a size 14 the last time i could get into a size 14 was 15 years ago

Electriclilac that's bloody AMAZING! I'm currently a size 20 and going to New York at the end of November, I'm on day 4, now I know everyone's different but roughly what could I be by then? I'd be over the moon to be a 14!

6 weeks on hippotrim and i am 40lbs lighter and can now wear a size 14skinny jeans and a nice top...no rubber ring of fat round me.no long top to hid the junk in my trunk..and friends i haven't seen for two months said tonight "wow don't you look skinny!!" .....i was beaming!!!

Last edited:
Electriclilac that's bloody AMAZING! I'm currently a size 20 and going to New York at the end of November, I'm on day 4, now I know everyone's different but roughly what could I be by then? I'd be over the moon to be a 14!

I would have thought you could get to a size 14 by then no problem, At a guess i would say you could probably get to a size 12/10 it depends on how tall and muscly you are though it is a guess. I have lost 62 lbs in about the same time as you have before you go to new york and i had three weeks off... Stick at it keep your eye on the prize and you will be a skinny minx in no time x

Oh that's so great to hear, literally have had the worst night so hopefully that'll keep me on track. My boyfriend just moved out just 2hours ago so its just me and my two month old :( scared sh!tless x

Oh that's so great to hear, literally have had the worst night so hopefully that'll keep me on track. My boyfriend just moved out just 2hours ago so its just me and my two month old :( scared sh!tless x

oh Daisyhappy... thats terrible hope your ok ??

I'll live, its totm and we had
a massive row, I told him to leave and he did, packed everything and left, he's texting me now being all lovely but I dunno if its for the best or what :( dunno what I've done :O

a massive row, I told him to leave and he did, packed everything and left, he's texting me now being all lovely but I dunno if its for the best or what :( dunno what I've done :O

Are you ok hunni??? x

daisy, my goodness you're certainly going through it :( I really hope you were able to get some sleep and that you can think clearer this morning. If not, I hope you can find a friend to talk to... us girls need to talk in a crisis xx Please email me if you need to ... I have MSN or Yahoo if that helps x Just please let us know you're OK.

Aw thanks a million girls, I got a decent enough sleep, my little one was very thoughtful and popped straight back asleep after night feeds, yeah I was speaking to my friends and my two best ones thought I was mad, that someone is better that nobody pretty much! His selfishness money wise etc has just shocked me recently, my mam died 6 weeks ago and he wasn't very supportive, but maybe I'm just not thinking straight cos its totm cos everyone thinks he's a saint. Enough of my moaning on the victory thread Day 5 here I am :)

:4635:Good morning lovlies! xx

Another non-scales-related benefit of LT that has taken me completely and pleasantly by surprise is that, after 23 years of nail-biting, I've suddenly got no desire to indulge in the awful habit any more! Must be to do with the dwindling urge to chew something!
Oooh and also I started swimming lessons last night which I've put off all my life due to severe swimsuit-itis!!!
Hope u are all winning today :angel09:

:4635:Good morning lovlies! xx

Another non-scales-related benefit of LT that has taken me completely and pleasantly by surprise is that, after 23 years of nail-biting, I've suddenly got no desire to indulge in the awful habit any more! Must be to do with the dwindling urge to chew something!
Oooh and also I started swimming lessons last night which I've put off all my life due to severe swimsuit-itis!!!
Hope u are all winning today :angel09:

Fantastic the things that you are now able to conqure (sp)!!

Well done!

Aw thanks a million girls, I got a decent enough sleep, my little one was very thoughtful and popped straight back asleep after night feeds, yeah I was speaking to my friends and my two best ones thought I was mad, that someone is better that nobody pretty much! His selfishness money wise etc has just shocked me recently, my mam died 6 weeks ago and he wasn't very supportive, but maybe I'm just not thinking straight cos its totm cos everyone thinks he's a saint. Enough of my moaning on the victory thread Day 5 here I am :)

Sending hugs your way:grouphugg:

I posted this in my diary but thought I'd share it here also. Well done everyone - it was great to read your success' that help inspire us all!

Was in London Yesterday to meet a friend and had a LOVELY time. Hadn't seen him since I started the TFR 5 weeks ago, so I was wondering if he may notice I'd lost 'a couple of pounds or so'.

Well success! He did, said I looked amazing and thought it was perhaps the best he had ever seen me! Actually said I'd clearly lost more than a 'few pounds'

Result ! :party0019:

Chuffed for you Ted.E.Bear! :happy036:
You'd better get used to the compliments! You deserve every one you get, well done :wow::wow::wow:

Oh Ted e bear that's brilliant! Ok this isn't really really a scale or weight one at all but having had a horrendous night last night, I woke up to the smiling little face and messy hair of my beautiful baby go, I could honestly burst into little pieces with the love I have for her! I want to be able to take her on holidays, to aquatic centres, run around with her etc when she gets older, before I wanted to lose weight to look amazing :) still partly true but my mam died of lung cancer at 58 and I'm only 23 and with a massive bmi of 44 or something AND being a smoker its not looking good for me either, first the weight goes thermal the fags (im not wonderwoman) cos I couldn't bear to leave my baby girl mammyless and we've no other family. Never EVER been so determined!

Back