Non Scale Victories (stolen from another forum)

Daisyhappy you can do ANYTHING you set your mind to pet and what better reason than for the love of your little princess. I'm off the ciggies (& booze) for about 5 weeks now and I don't know myself! So much more energy and no more smelling like a chimney! You're right not to tackle both probs together as you're more likely to fall off the wagon and feel bad about yourself. So once you're the yummy mummy you deserve to be you can tackle the ciggie thing. x

Ah thanks Shivie, I just KNOW I'll lose the weight and know I'll eventually beat the fags, I did give up it was actually when she died I went back on them :/ x

Spoilt myself by making the time to potter around in the garden yesterday - felt the sun on my back and breeze on my skin , it was really wonderful ...

[I know, I know, what a 'saddo' this makes me !!]

Ted.E.Bear you're not a saddo at all at all! Doesn't every little thing seem twice as beautiful and wonderful when you're starting to feel much happier in your own skin.
I know that the first and last thing on my mind everyday is my weight (and mostly everything in between!) so when you know you're finally doing something about it and can see your body changing before your eyes...you can finally stop constantly worrying about it and begin to enjoy the world and all it's wonder and beauty again......

x S

HeHe!! I went shopping today!!! I have dropped 3 dress sizes!!! (Granted i was in evans and their sizes are rather forgiving!!!!) But still!!! Size 20 pants on!!! Snug but on!!! By my hols they will be ace!!! AND in the sale!!!

I also had to put an extra 2 holes in my belt!!!!!!!

I have thrown away at least four pairs of jeans & work trousers! sizes 22 & 24 as both were so baggy on me they looked ridiculous! I'm at size 20 jeans now and feel that even they are starting to look baggy so soon i'll be on to size 18s :) I can't describe the victory I will feel when I finally get on a pair of 16s haha!

Also, yesterday I saw these cute shirts on sale, they were boys tshirts but slim fitting & soft & decided to get one (i dont know what's with boys tshirts lately but it was a really low feminine shape?!) anyway!
tried on a large, which was snug, but looked fine! then decided screw it, il get the medium! the large won't fit for very long anyway!

I used to do this all the time - buy clothes that were a bit small thinking "oh yeah, il slim down and it will fit" and it never did - i did it yesterday, and i can say that im 100% certain this top will fit me in another few wks! :)

:happy036::happy036::happy036: Keep it up Deezer...soon you'll be back in the 'teen' sizes!

x S

For so, so long I've been wearing nothing but black velvet pants and baggy tops, but on saturday, my bf took me to the cinema and insisted that I get dressed up a bit. I got into a pair of turquoise tartan flares that I haven't worn in about 5 years! I was so chuffed and had such a massive smile on my face all night - absolutely brilliant.

That is completely what this is all about - scales only indicate you're still going in the right direction, but being comfortable with your body - that's the real victory...

People noticed that I don't wear black anymore. I use brigh colours and get complements about it. This is nice...

I've also bought loads of coloured tops!!! And a flowery skirt for my holiday!!! Me!!!! A flowery skirt!!!! Lol...

For so, so long I've been wearing nothing but black velvet pants and baggy tops, but on saturday, my bf took me to the cinema and insisted that I get dressed up a bit. I got into a pair of turquoise tartan flares that I haven't worn in about 5 years! I was so chuffed and had such a massive smile on my face all night - absolutely brilliant.

That is completely what this is all about - scales only indicate you're still going in the right direction, but being comfortable with your body - that's the real victory...

I think you articulated this thread far better than I ever could have!!

I've also bought loads of coloured tops!!! And a flowery skirt for my holiday!!! Me!!!! A flowery skirt!!!! Lol...

:flirt2::flirt2::flirt2: You'll look gorgeous in it too girl!

x S

Wow, this thread goes from strength to strenght - Well done everyone.

Nothing really exciting to report here other than the parents were here this afternoon - I provided the afternoon tea and didn't have one of the new 'Cadbury's fingers' I brought for them. Soooo easily could but i didn't [polishes halo !!!] :angel09:

Its a long one!!! Short one!!! Never!!! Ever ever!!! Lol...

Aww, never say never, hun! You may surprise yourself yet... :D

My bf rather likes me in a short skirt (surprise!) so I have a few in the back of the wardrobe, but I haven't dared wear any in years. I'm really looking forward to the day when I can, again, but the most brilliant thing is that I can now see that day as a reality, instead of just an impossible fantasy.

Keep up the great work, everyone, and we WILL get there... Mx

Wow, this thread goes from strength to strenght - Well done everyone.

Nothing really exciting to report here other than the parents were here this afternoon - I provided the afternoon tea and didn't have one of the new 'Cadbury's fingers' I brought for them. Soooo easily could but i didn't [polishes halo !!!] :angel09:

Good on ya Ted.E.Bear! It gives you a nice fuzzy proud feeling inside when you resist temptation doesn't it?

x S

I only went back to work on July 5th after being on maternity leave for 10 months. I knew none of my pre-preg work trousers would fit and while I was preg I wore leggings (which are not normally allowed but when you are preg you can wear a tunic with them in work). So I had to go buy new black work trousers...I'm tall so I bought an 18 long and was depressed that I know have to be size 18 when I had always been at the most a 16 :(
Didn't both trying them on until first morning of work and guess what they were way to small and tight and uncomfortable :( which is actually what motivated me to start this diet...I tried wearing them for 2 days with a hair bobbin holding them up but they were too uncomfortable, so I went back to my pregnancy leggings determined I would NOT have to buy a size 20. Well, this week I tried on the trousers, they fit perfectly around my waist, very comfortable and are even a bit loose on the thigh....what a great feeling :) :) Now next step is when they are too big and I have to buy a smaller size!

Back