Non Scale Victories (stolen from another forum)

After deciding i want the Zumba for the WII and Lilac kindly giving me the dimensions for the belt... i decided to see how far off the waist sizes for the belt i was..... not only am i within the range!!!! I have lost 3 inches since i last measured... about 3 weeks ago!!!

I LOVE THIS DIET!!!!!! (Well.... you know what i mean ; )

I am back in my old diesel jeans. Granted I can hardly breath and need 5 mins to sit down or stand up in them but they are on. Just what a needed after what's been quite a difficult week. That will keep me going for a while yet. X

I am back in my old diesel jeans. Granted I can hardly breath and need 5 mins to sit down or stand up in them but they are on. Just what a needed after what's been quite a difficult week. That will keep me going for a while yet. X
Your in them and thats all that matters!!!

They'll be super comfy in no time at all!!! x

Bath towel

Oh that's such a good feeling isn't it? :)

I've just reclaimed a pair of trousers that I thought I'd never get into again. I also recently discovered that a normal sized bath towel now wraps around me properly.....little victories!

Keep going !

My pharmacist told me she used me as a success story to two new LT customers this week!!! I'm a partial success, still a way to go but that was nice to hear.

its only something small but when i am on a chair I can comfortably put my knee up and rest my foot on the seat....

its only something small but when i am on a chair I can comfortably put my knee up and rest my foot on the seat....

It is the little things that keep you going....especially if your body decides to cling on to the weight and you STS for a while.
Believe it or not I'm finding my guitar lessons easier! I can hug the instrument closer which improves my reach and I can fit three fingers on to one fret now because they're much slimmer.

Much easier to cut my toenails too! :)

Dx

oooooh WOW the toenails one i noticed the other day!!!

Mine today though, is i did the first part of my C25K programme this morning without
A) Stopping and
B) Dying!!!!! Lol....

Yippeeeeee!!!

Along with the cutting toe nails.... putting tights on easily again!!! lol (Hey at 52, I'm old now hahaha)

We ALWAYS go over to Sainsburys on a Sunday.... just to get treats for the day... obviously mine have been NFT so i have been getting bits of clothes/magazines etc....

About a month ago i got a pair of Pyjamas.... that are now massive lol.... So today i will be buying a new pair.... a couple of sizes smaller!!! : )

Oooh I do love this thread! So many success stories.

Well done everybody. I'm still on cloud 9 having put on and fastened a pair of size 16 jeans yesterday!

I soooooooo want to go shopping and max out my credit card in
' normal' shops but I need to save up for the biggest shopping spree ever during the January sales.....who knows I might be a 14 by then :D

Oooh I do love this thread! So many success stories.

Well done everybody. I'm still on cloud 9 having put on and fastened a pair of size 16 jeans yesterday!

I soooooooo want to go shopping and max out my credit card in
' normal' shops but I need to save up for the biggest shopping spree ever during the January sales.....who knows I might be a 14 by then :D
You'll be a 14 easy!!!! XXX

I had to get fitted for a new bra today as my hubby pointed out I'd gone a bit droopy (thanks darling!!) so turns out I've gone down 2" and almost 2 cup sizes. So fitted and sorted and no longer drooping!!!

Been browsing New Look online and saw a damn sexy pencil skirt -

Zipped Pencil Skirt

Total departure from my usual baggy trousers or big floor-length skirts, but I was feeling daring and went to the local store yesterday to see if it was there! :fingerscrossed: No joy. :( However, next door in River Island I spotted this -

black lace pencil skirt - midi skirts - skirts - women - River Island

of which I am now the proud owner, in a size 12! Yay! :D

It looked so nice, I decided to bite the bullet and order the New Look skirt online, but this morning I was told that they were actually out of stock of the size 12s now - grrrr. :(

So what did I do? I've just re-ordered it in a size 10... Aaarrrgh! :eek: Really? Me even contemplating getting into a size 10?! That's not happened in over 15 years...! :8855:

In other unrelated NSV news, I climbed a tree yesterday. Apple picking. Right up to the top so I could see for miles...

I sort of have no words for how utterly, unbelievably mad that is.

OMG.... i love both those skirts!!! I wish i could wear something like that when i go to Glasgow!!! *Fingers crossed*

And as for you lady!!! You'll be a 10 in no time!!! x

Ta chuck! I'm starting to believe it...! :D

So today, I am browsing in Millet's sale to see if they have any Craghopper trousers (we Cub leaders like that sort of thing ;) ) to replace the much loved pair I've just had to send to the charity shop.

I approach the sale rail and, in response to the 'can I help you?' tell the assistant what I'm looking for........

"Oh I'm afraid there aren't any in YOUR size; we've only big sizes left! "

I was grinning from ear to ear as she went on to explain that there were only sizes 20 and 22. Little did she know that the bottom that is, today, squeezed into size 16 jeans once threatened to split the seams of the size 22 Craghoppers I've just thrown out!

She probably thought I was a little unhinged and couldn't understand why I was grinning but I know that there are readers on here who understand exactly why!

:D :D :D

Back