Sonia's Fast Forward Diary (ROUND TWO) Getting back on track

Id feel like Id had my arm chopped off if I had to lock my scales away! xxxxxx

I just dont get it lol, im not fussed really, for myself personally, its not that much of a issue to me, yes i want to lose weight but if im going to let it rule me i end up becoming obssessed with it and then it leads to failure. Just relax! go with the flow and you will have better results. Honestly! your making it a issue therfore it IS a issue...........Hope i havent offended anyone.

Ruthy xxx

Not at all Ruthy, I think everyone does things differently and it depends on how you feel about it. I know a lot of people at my group who don't even OWN a set of scales let alone weigh themselves regularly. I feel like I know where I am if I weigh every day but I wouldn't go out of my way to do it. Sometimes I don't weigh myself at all Thursday - Sunday but Monday - Wednesday I have to know where I'm at. I'd love to be able to go a week without weighing but I'm not comfortable doing that

I totally agree with what you are saying Ruthy and at the start of this diet I vowed it would never rule me (I know a few people who are soooo uptight about it and it rules their every waking minute) I dont stick to the diet religiously, I eat out when I want to and although Im sensible I have what I fancy, I dont own a set of kitchen scales so never weigh out my cereal, cheese, etc, and regularly go slightly over my syns. But I just like the comfort of knowing Ive lost weight before WI - or if it gets to Monday or Tuesday and Im looking like I might have gained I then reign myself back in. Dunno if that makes sense - but weighing myself daily helps me feel in control (when I guess it appears that the reverse is actually true and the scales are in control!) Its just my way xxx

i have been much more healthy minded since i hid my sacles a week ago but each to their own. i am a little nervous about WI tomorrow, i have pretty much stuck to the diet but i'm still a bit scepticle that it works as i've eaten lots - bit sticking to the plan apart from extra 14 syns yesterday - i was extra good on syns during the week... do you think i'll still loose weight this week?

I don't take it too seriously, I know roughly the Syn value of everything and I know what I can and can't have. I do weigh myself too much but that is the only thing I do too seriously

Day 3

Breakfast: 500mls of water, 1 bagel topped with 2 lvl tablespoons of Quark served with 6 cherry tomatoes. 5 units

Dinner: 500mls of water, 8oz Jacket potato (raw weight) filled with 3ox tuna, canned in brine, 2 lvl tablespoons of sweetcorn served with mixed salad leaves. 5 units

Tea: 500mls of water, Pasta and chunky tomato sauce made with 2oz of pasta (dry weight), 7 oz of tinned chopped tomatoes, 6 button mushrooms, 1 small onion, 1 clove of garlic, mixed herbs, 2 sticks of celery, 1 medium courgette, 1 half pepper. plus a 55g pot Cadbury Light chocolate mousse. 8 units

Snacks
: 2 Jaffa cakes 2 units.

Day 4

Breakfast: 500mls of water, 2 rashers bacon (very lean) served with 2 small slices wholemeal bread (400g loaf). 5 units

Dinner: 500mls of water, 2 slices of wholemeal bread (400g loaf) filled with 2oz chicken without skin, watercress and 1lvl tablespoon reduced fat mayonnaise. 5 units

Tea: 500mls water, bagel with 2 oz chicken with out skin, cucumber mixed salad leaves. 5 units

Snacks: 1 crumpet with lvl tsp of jam 2 units

Looking good Son, i hope you are still feeling as determined as you were a few days ago. x

So are you enjoying this?? Feel back in control?
Yeah Im feeling a lot better this week probably due to the fact that I have cheated and weighed myself and am over the moon with what I have lost this week so far. But I will keep my mouth zipped till thurs night when I have had my official weigh in.:bliss: How are you doing ?

confused

hi sonban - i'm a little confused what your units are? presume you were on a red day, can't you use your wholemeal bread as HE? (2 slices = 1 HE)... or maybe its me being blonde!

Kat x

Day 4

Breakfast: 500mls of water, 2 rashers bacon (very lean) served with 2 small slices wholemeal bread (400g loaf). 5 units

Dinner: 500mls of water, 2 slices of wholemeal bread (400g loaf) filled with 2oz chicken without skin, watercress and 1lvl tablespoon reduced fat mayonnaise. 5 units

Tea: 500mls water, bagel with 2 oz chicken with out skin, cucumber mixed salad leaves. 5 units

Snacks: 1 crumpet with lvl tsp of jam 2 units

I was a wee bit confused too as to what this FF was and the units?

Anyway whatever it is, I'm glad its working for you Sonia :)

With fast forward you dont have syns it is sw plan but it is for people who have hit a bit of a plateau. You dont have syns or healthy extras you just have so many units a day and you have to pick foods from the menu your consultant gives you.

Oh thanks for that, I was wondering. Cool !

Back