Sonia's Fast Forward Diary (ROUND TWO) Getting back on track

That's a bit rotten Annette, if you tell your consultant you need to do it then she should just accept that. Sounds like she is treating you a bit like a child. Have you considered changing the group you go to?

Actually, I contacted her by text on Thursday and asked if she could let me have the information at class that night and that's the response I got from her! The tone of the text was very unsupportive and I actually wasn't going to bother going back to group that evening, but decided to at the last minute! If she didn't agree with just giving me the information she could have said, well let's discuss it tonight, but I got a flat NO - that's me told then!! I can't tell you have angry and annoyed I was on Thursday!! :mad:

I just think that at 38 years old, I'm old enough to know what I'm doing, I know my own mind and it should be my decision to make and she should support that. After all, what are we paying these consultants for!!

So I'm now doing it without her support or knowledge! I may also look into changing groups.

Annette x

I would definately change groups. I would also report the consultant to Sw drectly. A friend of mine used to be a WW consultant. She gave that up due to other commitments then a year later she found she needed to lose some more weight. She always preferred SW to WW so she went to her local meeting. The consultant was rude to her and told her she should come back next week as she didn't have the time to join her up there and then, even though she had arrived really early. She reported the consultant and she now runs her own group!

Annette - i must admit that your consultant sounds a bit rubbish! You're paying your money for sessions so its important that you get the support as well. Our consultant says that its proven that you loose more weight if you go to class so presumably they're supposed to do a little more than wind you up!

My last consultant was a bit rubbish and just used to go round the class saying everyone's weight loss and then everyone gave them a clap. we've got a new consultant starting tomorrow so fingers crossed we do something more exiciting.

What does everyone else get up to in class so we know what we should be expecting?

Kat x

Most of the time all we get is the loss report but my consultant always asks what people have been doing and if there is anything we want to share. There are some members who do a lot of cooking and she will ask them what they have made this week. More importantly, she takes a personal interest. She knows what events people have coming up and asks weekly how the goal for the specific event is looking. Before I got married if I put on she would say "That's not going to help you get into that wedding dress is it?" And if I don't stay to class for a while she will ask if everything is ok and why I'm not staying.

The really nice thing she does though is she makes cards and sends them to us. When we go on holiday we usually come back to a card welcoming us home and offering us support with her number inside. When I was having loads of problems one time she sent me a card with a small foam hand in it - A helping hand! Also if we struggle to hit a particular goal, when we reach it she will send a card.

It really is the little things but I love these touches

Your consultant sounds fab Taz! All we get is the happy clapping and if someone puts on you're asked to clap to give them some encouragement for the next week! I just find it a bit boring and such a waste of time! Not to mention embarrassing! I'm shy and not very good at talking in public - much better on a one to one basis - and to have everyone looking at you in class while the SWC announces how you've done that week is a nightmare!! I like to blend into the background!! :eek:

Annette x

I'm exactly the same as you annette, I can actually feel my face burning when shes asking me questions, I also think I stare at the floor and practically whisper when I'm giving my one word answers hehe!!

AH bless, I could talk for Essex myself but I do sympathise with you both because it is a bit in your face, and I can't understand where annoucing when someone has gained weight is particularly helpful! I found with my SWC that she was just as bad as Annette's and would make clucking noises if you gained weight and look down her nose at you and she was quite overweight herself! So I am in the process of finding another meeting myself.

Hi
I am seriously thinking of giving FF a go - have only lost half a pound in the past month and I have been very good. Was going to do it starting last Wednesday. Our SWC is brill listens to everyone and we throw ideas around last week when I maintained again I listened to all the ideas and am giving them a go this week and hoping for a loss this week.
I have a copy of the FF don't know if I am allowed to pass it on to anyone who wants it but having trouble scanning it and inserting into an email to send to someone on another site but if I can sort that out you are very welcome.
Irene

Right I have found out you can do FF for upto 14 days so I am going to give that a go again from next week. I need to shift at least another half a stone to a stone before I go on holiday in 5 weeks. I will start from this next Friday.:)

Ah Son i hope it goes well for you my sweet! Hows things so far? have you weighed since YOUR 7LBS
Ruthyxxx

Ah Son i hope it goes well for you my sweet! Hows things so far? have you weighed since YOUR 7LBS
Ruthyxxx
Yeah but I put on I think its was because I was a bit off color last week and I was glugging lucozade by the gallon and I dared not look at the syn value of that. Oh well back on FF from this Friday coming.

Hiya Ladies well I am having another go at Fast Forward. I am going to do it for 2 weeks this time though. I have now gained the last 7.5 I lost on Fast forward a few weeks ago and more. I really gotta get back on track. Wish me luck ladies here I go again.:)

I am feeling strangely motivated at this particular minute where has that sprung from :confused: not than I am complaining lets just hope it stays:)

Wishing you all the best again son, only thing wrong with this time is, we will have to wait a fortnight for the amazing breathtaking results lol

hi sonban,

i just want you to know that i sat at work about a month ago and read your entire weight loss thread from when you started over a year ago. took me a while to get through it, but i found it so inspiring i had to read the lot!

you really have motivated me to get of my arse and do something about my own weight because crying over a pizza and moaning to my fella about having to shop in fat bird shops isn''t going to make me lose weight. i realised that i am in charge of me and should take some responsibility and do something about it.

i really hope you can get it together because you've come too far to give it all up!

good luck xx

hi sonban,

i just want you to know that i sat at work about a month ago and read your entire weight loss thread from when you started over a year ago. took me a while to get through it, but i found it so inspiring i had to read the lot!

you really have motivated me to get of my arse and do something about my own weight because crying over a pizza and moaning to my fella about having to shop in fat bird shops isn''t going to make me lose weight. i realised that i am in charge of me and should take some responsibility and do something about it.

i really hope you can get it together because you've come too far to give it all up!

good luck xx
Aww thank you so much for that I am glad to have been some inspiration. I have given myself a good telling off and am feeling motivated at the moment I just want that feeling to stay. Good luck on your SW journey and thanks again for your reply. xx

C'mon
SONIA!!
Good luck! you can do it!

Ruthy xxx

Back