The I Hate Soup Food Diaries

I'm getting married September too, I was doing a diary but I'm so lazy about filling it in! Maybe we should start a RC what's for dinner thread so can all get some ideas. RC has got some good recipes, u ever bought the magazine? Don't want u getting bored x

That would be a great idea ! Thing is with rc and calorie counting us that the portions are so tiny so I dont have the curries and pasta dishes I used to love. Tend to stick to low cal ready meals and add Loadsa veg.

Really loosing the plot at the mo rather than loosing wright - I need to fund my way again

X

I looked at your diary think maybe u need to increase cals I weigh 12st2 and apparently I should aim for 1600 roughly. RC book suggests not to stay on 1200 or 1400 too long as not good for metabolism. So if u upped it u could have bit more rice / pasta? Maybe you're bit deprived? X

Was thinking if u stick to a little higher u might break the "cheat, exceed day allowance, feel bad" cycle that I get in, and maybe that happens for u too? Also would recommend some exercise which helps as u can eat a bit more (ur meant to eat at least some of your exercise cals apparently otherwise could do negative things to metabolism). Don't need to do 4 mile run just a half hour walk / 45 min or something? I feel for ya this losing weight thing is hard but you can do it!!!!!! I'm here to support u x

Thanks love. Stupid thing is i keep kidding myself that if i stick to 1200 i will loose quicker - i dont, i just end up binging. My allowance is 1575. And i kinda think stick to 1200 as much as i can so when i do have a blow out the extra cals i havent eaten should cover it.

OH's birthday today so pub dinner tonight which would have been ok but just eaten 1 1/2 croissants for lunch! Dare not write up what i ate last night.

Excercise started good - I'm a premier member but friend i am going with keeps cancelling, so from 3 nights of exercise to maybe just 1 - not good. Should think of myself and my wedding rather than her cancelling and me saying oh sod it!

I'll get there - 15 weeks today till wedding day - theres motivation!

Heres to a skinnier summer for us all!
x

Lol what say in September is it? Mines the 9th....I was like that with classes then I decided pick the ones I like and if they wanna come with me they will and if not I've booked classes at a good time for me (5 or 5.30ish) and something fun or that I know good for me( loving zumba....know body attack or cardio attack is good, enjoy boxercise and combat too).

If tonights gonna be hard why don't u eat something nice and PLAN what good stuff you'll eat rest of week...if write it on here that might help you keep on track. Book some classes you'll enjoy alone or find another gym friend, or try to encourage friend who doesn't?

If u aim for 1575 and exercise 3-4 tines a week u could probably lose at a similar rate to if you ate 1200 if u don't eat all your exercise cals. Let's do this together as we are aiming for same thing - less pounds for our big days?! I have already planned my meals til Wednesday (shopping day)
Tomorrow - fajita mix with chicken and peppers and small amount of rice
Sunday - mixed grill - low fat sausage, beans, turkey bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes (if u like them I don't)
Monday - piri piri chicken salad
Tuesday - courgette pasta RC recipe
Wednesday - steak and salad
Tonight I got a girly night in and I'm not going to punish myself. If u want any recipes I'll make an extra special effort to type them on for u. Do u all eat same meals that might help too? My hubby to be hardly notices difference and he's lost half stone too even though he didn't have much to lose lol. Come on girlie we can so do this!!!! X

No not naggy at all - some times i need to be nagged - like now!

Piri Piri chicken sounds good - is that in the mag?

Need to get rear into gear and accept that friend really dosent want to go any more and yup do it for me. Cant get out much as have a little one, plus 2 bigguns that have afterschool activities.

Wedding is 2 September - the race is on - thanks for the support - lets do this!
x

Doh! Forgot at a friends house tomorrow for "Scampi Night" (which is whole bag of scampi each, small jacket and huge salad) Will be good all day Saturday and from Sunday - an ANGEL - promise!
x

Lol it's in one of her insert books she puts in mags sometimes. You want recipe? Good luck what day do u weigh in? X

Oh and just a thought could a DVD to do at home be better when most of family are out? X

Yes please to recipie :D

Family are never out!

I weigh in on Thursdays - 2 classes on same night - cant go to second as have to pick daughter up but maybe start thinking about doing double classes on monday.

What day do i weigh in and can you move down south please so u can come to class with me - lol!
x

I'm in Kent which is south but not close enough lol.

Piri piri chicken recipe - recipe for 4 - cals 236 excluding accompaniments 1.5%

1 red onion
4 x 175g chicken breast
1tsp ground coriander
1tsp schwartz pilau rice seasoning (I couldn't find this so using piri piri instead)
1 tsp sesame seeds
1tsp veg powder
1 tsp black cracked pepper
Juice 1 lemon
4tbs Greek yoghurt (3% or 0%)

Dry fry onion add chicken cut into chunks and seasoning stuff (not lemon juice). When browned add the lemon Juice to chicken. Remove from heat and stir in yoghurt. serve with salad. Might need two chicken breasts or some potato or rice to complete as I wouldn't say 236 enough to fill me. I'll prob have veg rice (packet) half packet for me and half for h2b.

You can do it, once u been a few times you'll prob chat to others and recognise faces each week. X

I'm weighing tuesdays but think might swap to thurs no classes for RC near me so weigh at home. Nearest class 8 miles away bit too far I think x

Saturday 21 May 2011

Breakfast
Nowt - too busy putting shopping away

Before Lunch
An hour walk and back with the kiddies up local woods

Lunch
Quorn steak 107
110g Potatoes 83
Mushrooms 0

6 pink & Whites 300

Dinner
Fish pie ready meal and veg 241

After dinner
Run around park with kiddies for an hour

Back from park
1 value choc chip cookie 50
6 Banana foam shrimps 30
2 Percy pigs 20

Scampi Night
Whole pack of scampi 600
Tartae sauce 50
Salad 0
Salad cream 25

Total for day 1506

Last edited:
Look like you got few cals spare incase u fancy a drink or nibble on something naughty! I was bit naughty yesterday but today's a new day. If u eat anything else record it cos u gotta own it that's what our sw lady used to say x

Look like you got few cals spare incase u fancy a drink or nibble on something naughty! I was bit naughty yesterday but today's a new day. If u eat anything else record it cos u gotta own it that's what our sw lady used to say x

ooh i do and i have - gonna record it now and not have my jacket at scampi night tonight.

What did you have naughty - was it nice?
x

Sunday 22 May 2011

Brunch
2 WW sausages 120
Mushrooms 0
4 Turkey Rashers 103
Egg 75

Snack
6 pink & Whites 300
Cadburys animal 107

Dinner
150g roast potatoes 113
2 x ww sausages 120
Loadsa veg
15g Gravy 50

Snacks
alpen light 70
Onion rings 75
3 crackerbread and 1 laugh cow 80
3 mini merringues 57
hot choc 40
Sugar free jelly 40

Total So far 1350

Last edited:
Pizza and garlic bread, low fat cheesecake and some choccy biscuits. Last night picked at buffet god I've fallen off the wagon now?! Will have to reduce what I eat this week I need to start losing again it's getting desperate lol.
Doing well!!!!! Feeling ok? X

Pizza and garlic bread, low fat cheesecake and some choccy biscuits. Last night picked at buffet god I've fallen off the wagon now?! Will have to reduce what I eat this week I need to start losing again it's getting desperate lol.
Doing well!!!!! Feeling ok? X

Ahh but the cheese cake was low fat - so thats allowed :p

Well u see now i have someone watching what i eat - i am gonna be an angel and aim to loose 3 pounds this week. What say you do a diary and i watch u too - lol!

Heres to a good week.
x

Today is a new day I'm turning it round. So far had bran flakes and strawberry jam on toast. RC all day breakfast today for tea, or mixed grill whatever u like to call it.

Thanks let's hit it hard this week and see what we can lose! X

Back