Tipperary wobbles into 2024

In bed now and day wasn't too bad meal wise. Dinner was a breaded chicken breast, more coleslaw and some cream cheese. I've had one digestive biscuit today and having a square of dark chocolate now (I've just taken a herbal sleeping aid and it tastes vile). I've had no wine today, I don't normally on Sunday but have tommorow off work so it would be normal for me to have had it. I really need to cut down on it. My face this weekend was all bloated and puffy especially around my eyes. Also my face got so dry that it was stinging and sore and burned when I put moisturizer on it and got more aggravated. I think I got wind burn on Thursday and Friday but the wine certainly made it worse. I've been drinking water and putting pure shea butter on it and it seems to be helping.

Morning me again, just awake and looked outside and it's dark and grey and wet.i think I will start the day with peppermint tea and a jiggle and then a slow walk. Then back to clean the kitchen, do the ironing and check how everything in the poly tunnel is. I also need to dye my hair, it's such a bother doing it on my own but it's really in a bad way now.
I need to stay focussed this week if I have any hope of reaching my Easter goal of 80kg. In fact the goal is actually to be under 80kg in order to be just obese😭. Likewise this week I would like to be under BMI of 37, it's a big ask but a good motivator. I think I am now OK-ish on the food front. My challenges are to stay away from the wine and to move more. Both of these are hindered by dark evenings as I can't get out and so have nothing to do.

I WILL LOSE WEIGHT THIS WEEK🤓

Ah thanks Mary, I do waffle a bit. Right now the motivation is pain. I need to reduce the weight my hip is carrying. And the more I post here the more focussed I stay.

Any update on your bike? It is a long time to have to wait for it. You should get it soon enough. Would the place be shut due to a lockdown do you think?

Any update on your bike? It is a long time to have to wait for it. You should get it soon enough. Would the place be shut due to a lockdown do you think?
Nope, it's Elverys on line so shouldn't be an issue. Going to ring them.

Just coming to the end of the day. A jiggle this morning and I do some stretches while on it. A short walk, just 2kms. I actually thought after 100m I would have to turn back as hip was sore sore but I kept going. I am so sedantary that I am getting concerned that my heart and lungs are very unfit now. But I just can't move any faster or any further. I started to take Devil's claw this morning (I think that's what it is called) as suggested by @ladyfelsham last year. We can't buy it here but I got some in France last winter. Fingers crossed it helps. Emailed Elverys about the bike, no reply, checked on line and it's "in progress", phoned customer service and no reply. I know someone else is waiting on the same order so will give it till Thursday and see what other contact options I have.
First meal today was at 1pm, some cauliflower soup, slice of ham, broken brogies and cream cheese. Followed by one digestive. Dinner at 6pm was chicken and cauliflower casserole, green beans and a sprinkle of cheddar. I've lunch out of the freezer for tomorrow, moroccan meatballs and mashed pumpkin. If I get up early and it's dry I might nearly go for a walk, will see in the morning.
Oh, and I have bright red hair again, I finally gave in and coloured it myself. I can't see the back so hope it's ok.

Hello, thought I'd drop by and say Hello on your thread as you have been kind to visit mine. I'm sure you already pay attention to your feet - but your mention of hip pain reminds me. I used to always have hip pain but now whenever I walk any distance I do it in good shoes with arch support so in my case that's usually my walking boots, or trainers with good insoles, it's really helped.

Hope you convinced yourself to get up and are having a nice day!

Hi @ChilliQueen and thanks. Yep I have insoles in my shoes and doing everything I should be doing except losing weight. Need to lose a reasonable amount before I can go back to the consultant and get another MRI or some proper treatment.
I've been good today, but I did have 4 digestives, 2 twice. Had a 15 minute jiggle and some stretches this morning. Lunch at 1pm was meatballs and pumpkin mash, I have them packed as small portions. 2 digestives at 11am and 4pm. Dinner at 6.30pm was 4 fish fingers, green beans and cauliflower soup and just had one square of dark chocolate. Had a short maybe just 1km walk at lunchtime but at least it meant I was moving

So, if I stay really focussed I should be on track for a loss again this week.
But WHY does it have to be so hard.

I think you do well just having one square of chocolate, I contemplated picking up a bar in the shop earlier but I know I can't stop at one square! Stay focussed!!

Well to be honest I had a second square, in bed. I took 2 paracetamol and needed something to get rid of the taste (I have to chew them) .I meant to have a piece but ate the full square.
It's a new day and on track for a small loss. But need to stay strict with myself. I've just had a jiggle and done some stretches. I'm doing ok Monday to Thursday and even Sundays but still struggling with weekends. I allow myself a nice meal and some wine on Friday but then struggle on Thursday evenings. My official weigh in day is Friday but I am a daily weigher and if by Thursday I have a loss my brain says sure just use that for Friday and have a glass of wine now. And Friday treat should be saved for Friday evening after work, not starting Friday morning after breakfast. And some Friday wine doesn't mean the bulk of 2 bottles. And Friday treat doesn't mean f!follow that into Saturday. Anyway, I know what I am doing wrong and I have made some changes, I just need to continue making more changes until new habits are ingrained.
Lunch packed for today is chicken casserole, green beans and a sprinkle of cheese. I also have some peanuts packed. Dinner I have a breaded chicken breast, cauliflower soup and salad greens ready. So, I know, it's not exactly keto but is definitely much lower carb than I have been and snack and nibble free mostly. I am becoming much more mindful about eating than mindlessly putting food in my mouth.

Have an great day everyone and will check in later😀

It's all a work in progress, you know what to work on and are doing it. I'm quite lucky as I don't like wine and really only have alcohol once in a while so I don't feel that pull to have it weekly. Your food sounds yummy :)

Just finished lunch and eating peanuts now and maybe a short walk in a few minutes

Finished dinner and really tired. Went for that walk at lunchtime, about 1.5km. Dinner now was breaded chicken and some mayonaisse , mashed avocado with pistachio oil, cauliflower soup . Had a digestive biscuit and a square of chocolate with some tea and hopefully that's me for the night

Morning, unofficial weigh in has me at an overall loss for the week. I just need to make sure I don't f€ck it up today. And if I can drop another 100g or so today then I should get my BMI under 37 for tomorrow's official weekly weigh. I need your vibes and positivity to get me there.🌈
No jiggle this morning as hip very bad overnight and is pulling on my back and leg so giving it a rest. I'd say the walk yesterday pushed it too far but I was glad to get out in the fresh air and fill my lungs with it.
Going shopping at lunchtime today as usual. Have meatballs and pumpkin mash for lunch. I got hungry the last 2 days before lunchtime and ended up having digestives so today I have some herb cream cheese and brogies with me in case that happens.
Come on everyone, we can do this🤸👏🤸

Back