Tipperary wobbles into 2024

it's so hard isn't it :(

it's so hard isn't it :(
It sure is, a small gain this morning as expected. I know what I did and I know what I should have done. I'm leaving stats and ticker as they are though. It would be so demtivational to move them back up. Dinner last night was a sausage and coleslaw sandwich on two slices of bread and a packet of Tayto😳 honestly WHY. I cancelled swimming for yesterday and moved it to today. But thinking of canceling today as well. It will be a mad day at work as I am on my own. I would prefer not to be rushing to swim at lunchtime and leave a bit earlier, it's Friday and I am exhausted. Talk later

Morning all, i went for a walk yesterday, a very slow short 2km walk but a walk it was. And not hanging around here too long as planning another now.
Had a very intetesting session with the accupuncturist on Saturday. I may have bits of this mixed up but in simple terms the meridian for kidney, gall bladder and maybe liver is on the same meridian for hip and lower back issues which is also the same meridian for the emotions of anger, frustration and anxiety. So the more frustrated i get a work the worse i will feel it in my back and hip😕. Work was so bad on Friday and my sense of frustration was so bad. We will have some new staff in the next 2 to 4 weeks and it should change, just a few more weeks of bedlam to then.
Had carbs over the weekend and am retaining them so need a good few strong days to flush them out.

I definitely agree that there is a big link between body mind and soul, I hope things improve for you soon at work.

It's really strange when you look into all of it how most things are connected to emotions.
I done a lot of studying when I had my gallbladder and stomach problem. I know exactly what it came down to and have had to 'let it go' otherwise I would still be suffering. Althou I did have my gallbladder out end of 2015 which did help a bit.

Morning, had another short 2km walk yesterday morning before work. I was going to cancel the lunchtime swim as I felt it was too rushed trying to get back to work and maybe that was adding to the stress. But went anyway and I felt so much better when I came back. Lunch was crackers, pate, egg mayonaisse and cheese, it was a 2 part picnic at my desk. Dinner was breaded sole goujons with green beans once again tossed in the pan with sunflower seeds, fast becoming a favourite. And then I did have half a slice of sourdough bread with butter.
Awake now a while, I might go for a walk but to be honest would prefer to fall back asleep for an hour.
Chat later, and thanks all for the motivation.

Strange you should say that Chilli, the past two days I have had a cracker and a hard boiled egg at 12pm and not eaten again until dinner at 7. The egg seems to satisfy me for the day without affecting my swim. Swam 3 days this week as I have found that even while it is a rush it does calm me down. It's a combination of knowing I have had some exercise and made an effort to help my fitness, the actual exercise and releasing happy hormones, getting out of the office and mixing with a different group of people and having a chat. Rarely there is more than 10 of us there and it is the same group of us mostly. They all now know I am running out on my lunch and actually leave me a space in the swimming lane knowing I will only be about 20 minutes and they can have it after me. In fact one of the men insisted I take his space in the jacuzzi last week and waited till I finish.
Not sure how weight will work out this week but regardless I feel a lot better and feel smaller whatever the scales say. I've been getting a lot of compliments at work this week about how I look. I've put some tan on my legs, well actually just a glow moisturizer, and been wearing skirts. No one has noticed I've lost weight but I am wearing clothes that didn't fit and so are new to this office staff.
I'm going out tomorrow night and off work on Friday, I'm meeting up with two friends from my old job that I haven't seen in I don't know how long. I'm really looking forward too it, even my husband and kids and there partners are excited about it for me.

Morning all, taking official weigh in today as going out tonight. I am a stay the same, the same as I was two weeks ago and lost the small gain. Still not breaking through the 10% barrier or under 35 BMI, ah well must try harder. Out tonight and there will be eating and drinking so need to have a clean weekend after that and push hard to break those numbers next week.
Talk later.

Lovely support from your co-swimmers! I think you must be getting muscle and losing fat as you are into clothes you haven't worn recently.

Did you have fun going out?

It was a lovely night out, such a long time since we have been able to do something normal. I had Friday off work and that made it even better to go out knowing I had a few days rest from it. And I'm working from home today, I have loabs of admin to catch up on and as everyone else is in the office I decided to work from home today and plan on doing it more regularly. There is a lot I can't do from home but today's work I can.
It's been an amazing weekend weather wise and have spent most of the three days in the garden. Had some wine and lots of the wrong food including a ton of macadamia nut and caramel ice cream. So not surprisingly weight is up this morning. But I'm ok with that. Getting up and might try a small walk first before it gets too hot and then log into work. I'm happy to work longer today if it means getting through the work.
Going to book the pool then for the next 4 days at lunchtime and see weight wise where that takes me to on Friday.
I got a little bit of physical activity done yesterday, we have a stream in the ga rden that was choked with weeds so I got into it and started to pull them out. I did it for about an hour before my back had enough. There is about 5 more hours of it to do, if the weather stays clear I can do a little each day after work.
Chat later, enjoy the sunshine.

I think working from home more often is a great idea, hope that works out ok

Good luck with the week ahead :)

Hi all, well another lost week, or two weeks without really paying much attention to health or diet. I have got some swimming done but not enough. Work has actually got worse, which i didnt think was possible. With staff going out sick or just not turning up. Thursday and Friday i had to cancel swimming and cancel a hair appointment on Friday too as i just couldnt get out. Yesterday i was so stressed i wanted to throw up. There is light at the end of the tunnel and in about 4 weeks it should settle down. I just hope i make it that far. So in the meantime im not really going to put any other pressure on myself for anything.
Sleep is hard in this heat, even though the weather broke yesterday it is so hot inside and very muggy at night and sticky and i seem to only sleep in 30 minute bursts. How are all of you coping in the heat. Finding office appropriate clothing isn't the easiest to do but i now have 2 suitable long dresses and two short dresses that i am rotating. And bringing clean string tops for under them to change.
Planning on a swim at lunch today. I have ham and avocado and possibly egg for meals with crackers. Not sure yet about dinner.
Havent weighed in this week and going to try to leave it until Friday

I don't know how you keep going with work and home life. You are always so busy.
Try and get a couple of swims in as they will make you feel better. :)

I saw a pic online and thought of you Tipp, it was a table runner made out of recycled fabric doilies. It was really effective.

Hope you're doing ok, fingers crossed things improve at work soon.

Back